Great Jeep Buying Experience - Criswell

H_ORNELAS

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR | 2019_GTI
Awesome thread & thanks to @DadWagon for sharing your experience. I'm looking into ordering from Criswell and getting a JLUR shipped to California (LA to be specific). Any Idea how they would handle DMV fees & CARB regulations? Here in Cali, we typically need to get the car smog checked if you buy out of state. But if you get the car delivered to a local dealer, I wonder if that would avoid the out-of-state hassle that comes with it.

Has anyone out there dealt with this scenario?
Sponsored

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Patrick Mantua email is = [email protected]

Just ordered my JL 7/5 from Patrick, only took a few hours sent my build and he sent price with 8% under invoice (13.2% off MSRP) and paperwork for deposit and signature and bam it was that easy. Ordered it to match my old 1997 TJ I had - 2020 Red, 2 door, Rubicon, Soft Top, Manual, LED, 8.4 screen, plus some.

Meanwhile my local dealer acted like reducing the price by dealer add-ons and below MSRP on the only manual jeep on the lot that was not the color I wanted was going to make them lose money - nope only losing sales.

I don't mind flying to MD and driving my manual back to Charleston, SC since I am looking forward to the trip and the longest test driver ever.

Criswell A++
Criswell seems to be the leader here... hands down! They are totally in a league of their own. I am currently working Leon Travis.

I am so tired of the run-around lies and bullshit from all of the local dealers. I am having a hard time in even getting them to return a call or message! Hoping to get a courtesy drop from Criswell to a local dealer. My understanding is that FCA pays what ever dealership the vehicle goes to for the preparation of the vehicle for delivery, even tough some dealerships add on their additional fees.

OP
OP
DadWagon

DadWagon

First Name
Matthew Couling
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
New wrinkle.

My Jeep is almost to Hawaii, and despite assuring me previously that courtesy delivery would be $1000, Cutter Honolulu is trying to charge me an outrageous $1970. Furthermore, turns out Criswell never contacted Cutter to arrange the courtesy delivery. I’m really ticked, particularly since they had already told me it would be $1000 previously.

I’ve told them both I’ll happily pay the original and still on the expensive end of fair fee of $1000. I’m reaching out to Jeep Cares and Jeep Wave as well. Let’s see if Cutter is willing to deal honestly and if Criswell makes this right.

View attachment 207711

View attachment 207712

View attachment 207714

Last edited:

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Dadwagon, when I spoke with a local dealer about courtesy deliveries they said that the origin dealer is supposed to pay them directly.

-raises eyebrow- and I really would strongly suggest not using your work email for non-work matters. Your email addresses are in the screenshot too. Please be a little more careful. FWIW when you send an email you can tap on the cc/bcc/from box and it'll let you pick which one you want to use. Unfortunately pretty easy to get them mixed up in iOS. Part of why I don't have my work email on my phone.

Edit: Unless that's an allowed use of such an email address, in that case my apologies! Just trying to be helpful not mean or anything :)

OP
OP
DadWagon

DadWagon

First Name
Matthew Couling
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Dadwagon, when I spoke with a local dealer about courtesy deliveries they said that the origin dealer is supposed to pay them directly.

-raises eyebrow- and I really would strongly suggest not using your work email for non-work matters. Your email addresses are in the screenshot too. Please be a little more careful. FWIW when you send an email you can tap on the cc/bcc/from box and it'll let you pick which one you want to use. Unfortunately pretty easy to get them mixed up in iOS. Part of why I don't have my work email on my phone.

Edit: Unless that's an allowed use of such an email address, in that case my apologies! Just trying to be helpful not mean or anything :)
Good looking out, thanks! Deleted screenshots!

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
New wrinkle.

My Jeep is almost to Hawaii, and despite assuring me previously that courtesy delivery would be $1000, Cutter Honolulu is trying to charge me an outrageous $1970. Furthermore, turns out Criswell never contacted Cutter to arrange the courtesy delivery. I’m really ticked, particularly since they had already told me it would be $1000 previously.

I’ve told them both I’ll happily pay the original and still on the expensive end of fair fee of $1000. I’m reaching out to Jeep Cares and Jeep Wave as well. Let’s see if Cutter is willing to deal honestly and if Criswell makes this right.

View attachment 207711

View attachment 207712

View attachment 207714
Who did you get the shipping quote from and do you have it in writing?

If you don't, you are out of luck. $1970 to ship from Criswell to Cutter is a steal. Have you priced shipping? Most companies are charging 4-5K for that trip.

OP
OP
DadWagon

DadWagon

First Name
Matthew Couling
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Who did you get the shipping quote from and do you have it in writing?

If you don't, you are out of luck. $1970 to ship from Criswell to Cutter is a steal. Have you priced shipping? Most companies are charging 4-5K for that trip.
Not shipping, courtesy delivery.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
What is courtesy delivery? Is it when you buy at one dealership but FCA delivers it to a different dealership?
Yeah but it’s really meant for fleet purchases where a company has cars shipped out to multiple locations or something. I think they also do it in exceptional cases - like if you order a car and early on have to move somewhere else. When word got out that a bunch of people were interested, it was shot down really fast lol.

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Yeah but it’s really meant for fleet purchases where a company has cars shipped out to multiple locations or something. I think they also do it in exceptional cases - like if you order a car and early on have to move somewhere else. When word got out that a bunch of people were interested, it was shot down really fast lol.
Thanks for the clarification.

That's what I thought. I suppose he is lucky that they are still willing to do it. I know they called a couple members and cancelled it out.

OP
OP
DadWagon

DadWagon

First Name
Matthew Couling
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Cutter and Criswell worked it out, I’m satisfied and impressed with the integrity the Julius has displayed thought out this kerfuffle.

Taking delivery Thursday.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Cutter and Criswell worked it out, I’m satisfied and impressed with the integrity the Julius has displayed thought out this kerfuffle.

Taking delivery Thursday.
Happy to hear it all worked out for you. Post pictures once you get it.

OP
OP
DadWagon

DadWagon

First Name
Matthew Couling
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
35s are on, still have a lot more parts in the garage waiting to go but had to take the kids to north shore!

21E6166A-19AE-40BD-B494-4A0A1912CC97.jpeg

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
35s are on, still have a lot more parts in the garage waiting to go but had to take the kids to north shore!

21E6166A-19AE-40BD-B494-4A0A1912CC97.jpeg
Bikini with tan is the perfect color jeep for Hawaii/beach. Reminds me of the late 80s/early 90s. Looks great!
Sponsored