Sponsored

Great Feedback!

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
So I took my new JLUR to the shop that is going to be doing my lift eventually and stuff. These guys are no joke, all they do is Jeeps and annually build Jeeps for SEMA.

Here are a couple of examples...

QUIwN0RDOEExNzU2NTQwRkEwMUE6MGU0NmMwMTI5MGJjOWQyZjc0NWQ1NzAzMGEwYTVjNDI6Ojo6OjA=.jpg

QUIwN0RDOEExNzU2NTQwRkEwMUE6MTEzZTdmOTk3OTc4MmRlOGIyYjVjNzE1YzIyODljYWM6Ojo6OjA=.jpg

QUIwN0RDOEExNzU2NTQwRkEwMUE6YWIxNGYwOTI3NTQwNmZkMzdkZGU3NzkyODE3MzY2ZmE6Ojo6OjA=.jpg

QUIwN0RDOEExNzU2NTQwRkEwMUE6YzIxMzI4MTc1MDc2Nzc0MmUzMjM0N2UyODA1YmJmODA6Ojo6OjA=.jpg

Anyway, they spent over an hour going over the entire Jeep, mostly underneath it. It was great seeing them call out all of the things that they "fixed" compared to the JK, even small stuff that only guys that lift Jeeps would know about. They are very impressed with the axle builds and how much thicker the mounts are and stuff. They just kept calling all this stuff out, stuff that we won't need to buy aftermarket products to fix. The cross member is very stout now, no need to replace it anymore. No more driveshaft hitting things when you lift it. Teraflex put out a good video today that calls out some of this stuff too, worth your time to watch.

Anyway, Jeep killed it with this redesign in every respect! If you are debating getting a JK or JL at this point, I have no reservations in saying the JL is the way to go.

Sponsored

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
I was watching a similar walkthrough on FB, and the comments from the peanut gallery were so negative it was depressing. FAD, aluminum knuckles..."front end is a joke", etc. I don't care personally, won't sway my decision, but I get really tired of hearing people whine.

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
omg finally something technical about it

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
very cool! I want to see the new products

Sponsored