Great deals on extended warranties?

Brsox

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019. 4Runner TRD PRO
I'm not normally an extended warranty guy. With my 4Runner, however, I was able to find a connection, through a forum member, for unbelievable prices on Toyota extended warranties. I was able to purchase a Toyota Platinum, zero deductible, bumper to bumper 5yr/100k warranty for $665. As I drive almost 20k miles a year, it was a no brainer. That's pretty cheap peace of mind. Are there some FCA dealerships out there with great pricing on extended warranties?
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Toyota can afford to offer extended warranties for cheap, especially on a 4Runner, which had been in production, unchanged, for 15 years.

FCA on the other hand...

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Toyota can afford to offer extended warranties for cheap, especially on a 4Runner, which had been in production, unchanged, for 15 years.

FCA on the other hand...
No kidding. Average person probably never uses a warranty on a 4Runner.

OP
OP
Brsox

Brsox

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019. 4Runner TRD PRO

FCA on the other hand...
True. However, the Wrangler has been produced for a lot longer than the 4Runner with essentially the same formula.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Brsox

Brsox

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019. 4Runner TRD PRO
No kidding. Average person probably never uses a warranty on a 4Runner.
I've had three and the only service I've ever needed was when they had a TSB on the Fox shocks. There was an issue with the 2019 design when they switched from Bilstein to Fox shocks on the PRO. The coil spring needed a redesign as it was causing a knocking sound in the front end. Toyota replaced all my shocks for free. Mechanically, they have all been flawless. But you never know. One small issue can be huge money to repair so it's nice having the peace of mind if you can get an extended warranty for short money.

OP
OP
Brsox

Brsox

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019. 4Runner TRD PRO
The warranty I have is transferable to the next owner for only $50 as well. So, it'll be a great selling point when I sell my 4Runner.

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
The warranty I have is transferable to the next owner for only $50 as well. So, it'll be a great selling point when I sell my 4Runner.
Chrysler Factory Direct warranties are also transferable

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
True. However, the Wrangler has been produced for a lot longer than the 4Runner with essentially the same formula.
Not really. The 2.0T is relatively new; the V6 was thoroughly redone for JL; ESS is relatively new, JL’s dual battery system are all-new; the electronics on JL are mostly new.

The components on JL that give me NO worry are any the engines (well, with the exception of EcoDiesel), the ZF8 automatic transmission, any of the 4WD systems, the axles, the suspension. Most of Jeep’s hardware is rock solid.

The parts I worry about involve the electricals: the 8.4” head unit, the ESS, the auxiliary battery and the electrical charging system; the 6-speed manual. This is where most of JL’s issues appear to concentrate.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR