Great deal on Mobil 1 Extended Performance Oil Filters

Chomper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Bought the last three I saw on Amazon for $6.53 a piece.
Sponsored

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp, 2014 X5 35d, 2020 JLR 6sp
Thank you @VolCntry73 for posting! I snagged 6 this weekend! My wife was shocked when I said I wanted to swing by the evil empire :)

@Rhinebeck01 thank you for posting the Pennzoil coupon!!

Really appreciate you both spreading the word and helping us save some cash!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
WOOT! Just found the last 3 at Walmart in Topeka, Ks on a trip out to see my mom @ $3.99 per.

Sponsored

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Interestingly, AutoZone says that this particular filter "does not fit" the 2019 Wrangler Unlimited. It also says the Mopar MO-349 doesn't fit! WalMart says the same thing.

New to the Wrangler family for 8 days and gathering all the DIY maintenance info that I can.

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Interestingly, AutoZone says that this particular filter "does not fit" the 2019 Wrangler Unlimited. It also says the Mopar MO-349 doesn't fit! WalMart says the same thing.

New to the Wrangler family for 8 days and gathering all the DIY maintenance info that I can.
I can confirm that this Mobil 1 filter works for the 2019 JL with the 3.6L as I just did an oil change with it.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Probably also states the JL takes 6 qts :(

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Just a refresh reminder, our local Walmart just added a bunch more of these to the clearance aisle @$3.99, picked up another 3 and looks like they had about another 6 or more. So maybe your local Walmart might have another round of these too!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Sponsored

Alpha Delta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
I was able to score some for $2 but now I’m reading some comparisons with Fram Ultra. 30 micron for M1 and 20 for FU. If one is planning on keeping their Jeep well past 100k, does it make sense to go with FU or are we splitting hairs here? I’m planning on doing oil changes every 10k miles with full synthetic.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I was able to score some for $2 but now I’m reading some comparisons with Fram Ultra. 30 micron for M1 and 20 for FU. If one is planning on keeping their Jeep well past 100k, does it make sense to go with FU or are we splitting hairs here? I’m planning on doing oil changes every 10k miles with full synthetic.
No doubt the Fram outperforms the M1, but in the real world, it isn't that far apart. The Mobil 1 outperforms the Mopar and most others, and these engines can go 300k on the Mopar, so my perception is that it is splitting hairs. All things equal, I'll go ultra. For 4 bucks and especially 2, which is less than half the cost of the Ultra, I feel fine going with an M1.

Go with what makes you feel best, though. Peace of mind can be worth a few extra bucks and it is easy to to justify 12 bucks for the best on the market in an expensive Jeep.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
No doubt the Fram outperforms the M1, but in the real world, it isn't that far apart. The Mobil 1 outperforms the Mopar and most others, and these engines can go 300k on the Mopar, so my perception is that it is splitting hairs. All things equal, I'll go ultra. For 4 bucks and especially 2, which is less than half the cost of the Ultra, I feel fine going with an M1.

Go with what makes you feel best, though. Peace of mind can be worth a few extra bucks and it is easy to to justify 12 bucks for the best on the market in an expensive Jeep.
Mathematically, the Ultra would allow 33% less particles to pass through, but without knowing the total efficiency rating of the M1 filter it is hard to compare. The Ultra is 99% @ 20um, the M1 is ?? @ 30um.

eBay usually has deals on Ultra filters with free shipping that can reduce the cost a bit. In the end, though, it is rarely oil or filters that kill engines.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'm going 6k OCIs so the M1 should be just fine :)

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Mathematically, the Ultra would allow 33% less particles to pass through, but without knowing the total efficiency rating of the M1 filter it is hard to compare. The Ultra is 99% @ 20um, the M1 is ?? @ 30um.

eBay usually has deals on Ultra filters with free shipping that can reduce the cost a bit. In the end, though, it is rarely oil or filters that kill engines.
I believe M1 publishes 99% at 30 microns. That's still better than most on the market. The Ultra is 99+% at 20. That's about as good as it gets. I think Amsoil might have one that is right there, but I doubt it is price competitive. Purolator's top filter might be in the ballpark, too, but they aren't my favorite. I've had their Pure One filter media look like it was fraying at only 3k miles in an Ecotec engine. That was years ago, but I just haven't had a reason to try them again.

I'll do a UOA after my next oil change. I'm running the M1 now. If it comes back worse on insolubles than the Ultra, I'll throw my 12 remaining M1's up for sale. I'm betting there won't be a measurable difference, though, at least for the test method to detect.
Sponsored