GREAT Deal on JLU from Superior Dodge/Jeep in Conway, AR

Status
Not open for further replies.

rikhek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Corvette Z06, 2010 Chevy Tahoe, 2008 Toyota 4Runner
Forum member Michael/Yellow109r suggested I contact Kim Sims at Superior Dodge/Jeep in Conway, AR where he just ordered his Jeep. I contacted Kim and was handsomely rewarded. I ordered a Sport S JLU as detailed below. I think I got a smoking hot deal. A buyer really needs to look at the OTD price as so many jack up their doc fees which is cash out of your pocket and into theirs. Kim/Superior only charges $130 doc fees AND gives significant discounts off MSRP/Invoice. If you contact Kim for a quote tell her Rick in Tulsa referred you.

IMHO, the only number that matters is the OTD number... They can package the deals in a number of ways but the bottom line is how much money are you going to give them, regardless of what it's called. I'm not sure if it matters but in the interest of full disclosure my deal was a cash deal with no trade and I got the Tread Lightly discount.

Dealer/Contact:
Kim Sims
Superior Dodge Jeep of Conway, Arkansas
[email protected]
(501) 499-2575

MSRP: $40,650
Invoice: $39,194
Doc Fees: $130

My price: $36,626 vehicle + $130 doc fees = $36,756 OTD.

Discount off MSRP: 9.9% or $4,024
Discount off Invoice: 6.6% or $2,568

Discount off MSRP OTD: 9.6% or $3,894
Discount off Invoice OTD: 6.2% or $2,438

Rick

Kim Sims Superior Jeep Build Sheet and Pricing 4-9-18.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Yellow109r

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLUR, Bright White
Occupation
Aircraft Industrial Engineer for the DoD
Vehicle Showcase
Glad that it worked out better for you. We need to get together once we both have our Jeeps

OP
OP
rikhek

rikhek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad that it worked out better for you. We need to get together once we both have our Jeeps
That would be great, if I'm allowed to drive it. It's my wife's new daily driver and she doesn't share her toys well. She says I'm "hard on equipment". I think it's BS as I offer her use of my Corvette Z06 pictured as my Avatar or my KTM motocross bikes anytime she wants. Life isn't fair.

However, I do imagine I'll be able to sneak it out once in a while she's away or not looking...

Rick

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Do you happen to know what the additional $1k is? You said it's cash so I don't see it being a down payment. Did you put a $1k deposit down and that's it?

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
^^same question here. Looks like a standard deal some other dealers are giving, but with the addition of the extra $1000 off.
Dealer took the invoice, subtracted his holdback and gave you the tread lightly discount as well. Good for them for only charging $130 for the doc fee. I'm interested to know what the extra $1000 off was for as that dips into the dealers profit margins.

Thanks and congrats. About $750 better than my deal.

Sponsored

Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Did you receive a VON from them yet? I ordered last week and having a time getting a response to my emails requesting a VON. She's off on Wednesdays so hopefully I get a response to my email from Friday and Tuesday, today.

OP
OP
rikhek

rikhek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you happen to know what the additional $1k is? You said it's cash so I don't see it being a down payment. Did you put a $1k deposit down and that's it?
I don't know as I didn't ask. However, I just sent her a message to call me and will post an answer when I find out. The $1,000 is a discount as I put down a $500 deposit which is NOT reflected in the posted pricing numbers.

Rick

Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Taxes have to be paid when you return home.

The $1000 is from tread lightly from what I recall.

OP
OP
rikhek

rikhek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^^same question here. Looks like a standard deal some other dealers are giving, but with the addition of the extra $1000 off.
Dealer took the invoice, subtracted his holdback and gave you the tread lightly discount as well. Good for them for only charging $130 for the doc fee. I'm interested to know what the extra $1000 off was for as that dips into the dealers profit margins.

Thanks and congrats. About $750 better than my deal.
Yeah, as I point out in my post a number of people tend to not properly weigh/include the doc fees. This is cash money going right into dealers pockets. Hell, I was really shocked to see one prominent forum dealer offering a decent 5% off invoice only to kill you with $699 doc fee. IMHO that's outrageous. Kudos to Kim/Superior for charging a very reasonable $130 doc/service/handling or whatever they want to call it.

The only number that matters is the OTD number...

Rick

Sponsored

Blankman934

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge charger
I ordered from Kim in Conway on 1/23 and picked up my Jeep on Monday. It was a great experience and I'd highly recommend them.

OP
OP
rikhek

rikhek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's with taxes?
No. As I imagine you're aware taxes/title/registration should never be included in discussions like this as they vary GREATLY from between states and don't provide the opportunity for apples-to-apples comparisons. Dealers have no control over taxes/title/registration fees so they are a mute point on purchase price.

I'm sort of surprised you'd even think taxes would be included in the numbers I posted as my OTD is relatively low. Also, every charge/fee is identified and you can see there are no numbers on the sheet labeled "tax".

FWIW, Oklahoma taxes on new vehicles are 3.25% or $1,190 on the listed vehicle plus $28 title and $96 registration.

Rick

OP
OP
rikhek

rikhek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taxes have to be paid when you return home.

The $1000 is from tread lightly from what I recall.
Incorrect. I don't know what the $1,000 discount is and the Tread Lightly discount is clearly written and labeled on the posted Configuration Preview as $391.94.

Rick

P.S. Interesting as it seems a number of people post questions without reading the thread/post they're questioning/commenting on...

Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Incorrect. I don't know what the $1,000 discount is and the Tread Lightly discount is clearly written and labeled on the posted Configuration Preview as $391.94.

Rick

P.S. Interesting as it seems a number of people post questions without reading the thread/post they're questioning/commenting on...
It starts in line with the $1000 line and on mine it didn't line up exactly with the other numbers either. It was mentioned in another thread ling before this one, that the $1000 was tread lightly. Not sure which is correct and doe not matter that much I guess, as long as the final number includes them both.

OP
OP
rikhek

rikhek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just spoke to Kim and she stated the $1,000 discount is just a dealer offered discount to sell vehicles. Sort of like a "Kim Special" discount she/Superior is giving to buyers.

The Tread Lightly discount program provides 1% off the FWP price or $391.94 (i.e., $39,194 x .01 = $391.94) in my case.

Rick
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.