Sponsored

Gray Dashboard on new Rubicon factory order?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
If he ordered a Rubicon and got a normal color, and black interior. Regardless of leather or cloth he is going to get a Red dash. If he ordered Saddle interior, or a certain outside color he will get Grey. That's the only way to not get Red.
The Mopar optional leather packages get gray.
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
2019 Mojito! JLUR with black leather and it came with a gray dash.
some colors clash so bad with red they decided to do gray no matter what. it's very confusing.

BubbaCon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I love the Mopar leather, minus the logo stitching. Looks more comfortable.

I think my back seats have only spent a total of a week in my Jeep though, so not a worthy upgrade for me. Those cup holders have come in handy. Extra water, etc.
Yeah I am going to be ordering soon and was going to order the Mopar stitched seats, for the additional what, $55 over the standard, why not? Any way I didnt realize it would change things versus the standard leather...not really concerned about the e-brake/shift knob not being leather wrapped since they will wear quicker that way. Was a little concerned about the cup holder in the back but I have been fine using the floor ones in my JK. I have 4yr old twin boys who's car seats will be in the back so the cup holders in the middle would be beneficial for them, but the car seats have cup holders too so that wont be an issue.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
some colors clash so bad with red they decided to do gray no matter what. it's very confusing.
Red would be fine for the Mojito!, but I have seen comments about "watermelon". For me, I have removed any silver and my accent colors are black and red. I picked up a used set of red dash covers, but have not installed them yet.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
The 2018 Punk'n Rubi came with gray.

You would think if they were going to do that, then they would also change the red stitching to match.

I'm waiting for a Mojave to end up at the yard so I can cannibalize the interior. Seat's are more comfortable too...

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Red would be fine for the Mojito!, but I have seen comments about "watermelon". For me, I have removed any silver and my accent colors are black and red. I picked up a used set of red dash covers, but have not installed them yet.
Yes it is very subjective.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
It is not that hard to customize the JL interior panel colors. There was to much black and white to my Rubicon. At first I was going to do a white dash and then decided the red was the iconic Rubicon dash color ,so I left it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Gray Dashboard on new Rubicon factory order? JL interior 1

Jeep Wrangler JL Gray Dashboard on new Rubicon factory order? JL interior ceiling 1

Now if I could just find somebody nearby that has tan leather seats and wants black haha

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
It is not that hard to customize the JL interior panel colors. There was to much black and white to my Rubicon. At first I was going to do a white dash and then decided the red was the iconic Rubicon dash color ,so I left it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Gray Dashboard on new Rubicon factory order? JL interior ceiling 1

Now if I could just find somebody nearby that has tan leather seats and wants black haha
Katzkin for us I think.

Jeep Wrangler JL Gray Dashboard on new Rubicon factory order? 1614096542352

Jeep Wrangler JL Gray Dashboard on new Rubicon factory order? 1614096569550

BubbaCon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
If that is the case that the Mopar optional leather gets the gray dash panel, looks like I'll be swapping mine out as well...I like the red and now that I see some have put the black leather/red stitched panel in, that looks good as well.

But it does look like you can get the red dash with the optional seats, here's a 2021 JLUR on my dealer's lot right now
Jeep Wrangler JL Gray Dashboard on new Rubicon factory order? Stitched w Red

Sponsored

berb

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito Jeep Wrangler JLU / 2020 Hydroblue Gladiator
You can just order the gray dash and have the dealership put it in for you as part of the deal. My mother in law got a Firecracker Red Sahara. She wanted the Red Dash, but didn't want to pay the extra money for the Rubicon. So, we ordered the Red Dash from their parts department and the Dealer put it in free as part of the deal. It will be way cheaper than paying for the Mopar Leather Upgrade.

BubbaCon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Well, if you're getting standard leather, the Mopar upgrade now is only another $55....for now..LOL

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
If that is the case that the Mopar optional leather gets the gray dash panel, looks like I'll be swapping mine out as well...I like the red and now that I see some have put the black leather/red stitched panel in, that looks good as well.

But it does look like you can get the red dash with the optional seats, here's a 2021 JLUR on my dealer's lot right now
Jeep Wrangler JL Gray Dashboard on new Rubicon factory order? Stitched w Red
Ok I give up.

OP
OP
JohnMacLean

JohnMacLean

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.johnmaclean.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
commercial and fine-art photographer
You can just order the gray dash and have the dealership put it in for you as part of the deal. My mother in law got a Firecracker Red Sahara. She wanted the Red Dash, but didn't want to pay the extra money for the Rubicon. So, we ordered the Red Dash from their parts department and the Dealer put it in free as part of the deal. It will be way cheaper than paying for the Mopar Leather Upgrade.
I asked the dealer about it and she didn't offer this idea. I'll see what they say though. Thanks!
Sponsored