JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on the decision! I’m so torn on what to do for my GCM!
I did start out NOT wanting black so that eliminated my choices in color . Then I simply googled ( granite jeep with new rims ) or ( granite jeeps lifted ) ....then it was a matter of pretty much staring at each one and stepping outside the box to visualize what they would look like .

Process of elimination " not wanting bling or to shiny like chrome " I narrowed down my selections again to about 5 or 6 .......Then I posted them on here " pretty much knowing which one I was leaning towards " ....I let them came back with there verdict .....the majority chose what I chose so that was it ........I pulled the trigger !!

Takes time and if your still battling it between your ears ....walk away from it for awhile

OP
OP
JEEPJL

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on the decision! I’m so torn on what to do for my GCM!
Another thing to factor in is where your from and if this is going to be garage keep to where they will be clean most of the time . If your in Ohio than your gonna be under cloud cover a good part of the year " No offense ! " . Lighter color or finish rim may stand out more

Im 90% sunshine down here so I factored that in with my decision

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I played HELL with selecting the right Rim ...and Im a designer !!!

still wasnt sure about them until I saw the Jeep all done and detailed . Then I exhaled :)

I picked mine up yesterday at about 2:00 and have only put about 85 miles on here but have had alot of compliments on the Rims more than the jeep itself ............so I think I made the right choice

" The Forum Family helped me narrow my choices down which was a big help also !!!"
Here’s my progress so far:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ations-granite-sahara.4640/page-2#post-121015

I tend to like the smaller wheel (beefy tire), rough and rugged look on a Wrangler - tough for me, because a lot of my top wheel picks tend to be more spokes - but I like simpler, stronger wheels for Wranglers, I think.

OP
OP
JEEPJL

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
B or H so far ...what color JL did you go with ?
I’m unsure about the gold accent on B :-/

I went with GCM Nervous about how the colors will look. I don’t think black will be a good option for me... I like the idea of titanium/gray/gunmetal with a black simulated beadlock.

OP
OP
JEEPJL

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

I went with GCM Nervous about how the colors will look. I don’t think black will be a good option for me... I like the idea of titanium/gray/gunmetal with a black simulated beadlock.
The hint of gold will go very well with the multi shades of grey your JL will present in different lighting . Nervous is good , nothing wrong with second guessing as long as you dont prolong it like I did .

Another thought : If your going to go with smaller rims that gold will be just that = A hint which is a perfect accent

Take a look at the Black Rhino wheels ---alot of polished grey's , gunmetal , combinations of both

OP
OP
JEEPJL

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Another reason I went with BR is that a portion of cost actually goes to the preservation of the black and white Rhino

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Another reason I went with BR is that a portion of cost actually goes to the preservation of the black and white Rhino
Really? That’s awesome. For real?

I did look at BR a lot, they have some cool stuff. Like... awesome stuff.

The crawler is cool - I wish they had a gray option, the closest is their matte black which I’m not a big fan of. It’s so close though...
truck-wheel-rims-black-rhino-crawler-5-lug-matte-black-std-org.jpg

The cog would be sweet with the bronze accents if someone with more swagger than me ran it on a GCM.
CFF5AB8C-96FB-4A67-B356-B961237EB73D.jpeg

Lastly, the Roku is close but not quite right for me.
truck-wheels-rims-black-rhino-roku-6-lug-matte-gun-black-std-org.jpg

OP
OP
JEEPJL

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Really? That’s awesome. For real?

I did look at BR a lot, they have some cool stuff. Like... awesome stuff.

The crawler is cool - I wish they had a gray option, the closest is their matte black which I’m not a big fan of.

The cog would be sweet with the bronze accents if someone with more swagger than me ran it on a GCM.
CFF5AB8C-96FB-4A67-B356-B961237EB73D.jpeg

Lastly, the Roku is close but not quite right for me.
This one was in the running but the black just doesn't get it for a few reasons ...1) Everybody is going with Black !!! and being a jeep owner like many we like to modify our Rigs the way WE want them ,,,,not to follow suit 2) I would constantly be cleaning them -especially the matte finish 3) when they do get dirty , you cant see them against a black tire it just doesn't make sense to spend that kind of money and not be able to show them off ...or let them accent your Rig in some way .

The White Jeeps justify a black rim !!! - in gloss finish .....

Just my opinion