JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
Hi All - I am amazed at what all of you have done so far with your new arrivals !!. I have everything selected for my new Granite Sahara except for Rims ! . Im a Remodeling designer by trade so I didnt think this would be an issue but I was wrong !!

So many Black rims I see everyday in travel I wanted to do something different but the Granite color is more of a challenge than I thought . I have worked the Configurator's and visualizers on many wheel sites , Ive googled granite jeeps with new rims to maybe help with stepping outside the box hoping to narrow down my choices . Ive gone to 2 local jeep custom shops and they tend to lean towards black as well .

Because of what I do for a living and work with Million dollar homes and owners I kinda want to keep some perspective and not go to overboard when Im pulling into there driveways . Then again ,,,,Its a jeep ...a 2018 JEEP !! and it deserves to stand out !!!

Maybe Im complicating it or over thinking it But could really use my fellow Jeep members opinions and ideas, I thank you all who have taken the time to read this and give me your input !!!!!!

Attached are some ideas :

01.JPG

04.JPG

Jeep_Wrangler_with_20in_Black_Rhino_Warlord_Wheels_9505_16911_extra_large.jpeg

C360_2017-02-08-19-26-33-203.jpg

Capture.JPG

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray JLU Sport S
Personally, I like the third option (Butler). I think the dark gray rims look good with the granite paint color. (even though it looks like the Jeep in that photo is black). I also think those rims are the least "blingy" of the five, the most toned down if you will.

wahlsaint

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6MT; Macan Turbo; Li'l Cooper; Subee, CR-V
Personally, I like the third option (Butler). I think the dark gray rims look good with the granite paint color. (even though it looks like the Jeep in that photo is black). I also think those rims are the least "blingy" of the five, the most toned down if you will.
I 2nd this. I like the less showy approach, and the finish looks really good, IMO.

wahlsaint

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I 2nd this. I like the less showy approach, and the finish looks really good, IMO.
... Oh, and I need help sorting out my kitchen design - why am I doing a kitchen renovation AND JL purchase concurrently? Uggh $$$$$$ :whew:

OP
OP
JEEPJL

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Personally, I like the third option (Butler). I think the dark gray rims look good with the granite paint color. (even though it looks like the Jeep in that photo is black). I also think those rims are the least "blingy" of the five, the most toned down if you will.[/QUOTE

Thanks Joe ! This does help alot ..... I can't believe I cant design my own jeep !!!

Big Help !!

OP
OP
JEEPJL

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Todd !! Appreciate your feedback

simple and clean is always good !!!!!!!!

OP
OP
JEEPJL

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
... Oh, and I need help sorting out my kitchen design - why am I doing a kitchen renovation AND JL purchase concurrently? Uggh $$$$$$ :whew:
Now is the time ...economy is good

Im going to be purchasing my home I currently live in at the end of the year so I feel the anxiety ...In a good way though = they are both investments !!!

As far as designing your Kitchen ...I can do that for you . Because Im in Florida 90% of my clients are from other states or countries so I design VIA email often . Getting a hands on visual is always best but I can do some 3D renderings base on pictures and measurements that a client will send ...Floor plans of kitchen and adjoining rooms are really helpful !!
Just PM me with an email and I'll see what I can do for you

Jeep4Life0112

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Mojito)
I couldn't have put it better myself. Go for the Butler. Feels less mall crawler and more offroad to me (unless you want bling - then ignore this).

wahlsaint

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now is the time ...economy is good

Im going to be purchasing my home I currently live in at the end of the year so I feel the anxiety ...In a good way though = they are both investments !!!

As far as designing your Kitchen ...I can do that for you . Because Im in Florida 90% of my clients are from other states or countries so I design VIA email often . Getting a hands on visual is always best but I can do some 3D renderings base on pictures and measurements that a client will send ...Floor plans of kitchen and adjoining rooms are really helpful !!
Just PM me with an email and I'll see what I can do for you
ha ha, yep - thanks for the offer, but my problems are too many choices and total cost! I've commissioned one design, conducted several of my own using online tools, and every cabinet shop I speak to lays out their own design. Paralyzed by indecision - temporary I know, but makes me laugh and smh all the same!

OP
OP
JEEPJL

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I couldn't have put it better myself. Go for the Butler. Feels less mall crawler and more offroad to me (unless you want bling - then ignore this).
Not crazy about the Bling either but also dont want to follow suite with Black as I see everywhere

Many Thanks for the input

OP
OP
JEEPJL

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
ha ha, yep - thanks for the offer, but my problems are too many choices and total cost! I've commissioned one design, conducted several of my own using online tools, and every cabinet shop I speak to lays out their own design. Paralyzed by indecision - temporary I know, but makes me laugh and smh all the same!
sounds much like my Rim dilemma !! Good luck

sometimes it helps to step away from it for awhile

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray JLU Sport S
Very welcome. We all need a second opinion sometimes on these choices. We get too close to our builds that we start to go blind! You can love one pair of rims (or a paint color, or a trim, or whatever), but then look at it so much that you start liking it less. And like you said before, it's easy to overthink these things.

Wranglerjlurubicon27

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon
Hi All - I am amazed at what all of you have done so far with your new arrivals !!. I have everything selected for my new Granite Sahara except for Rims ! . Im a Remodeling designer by trade so I didnt think this would be an issue but I was wrong !!

So many Black rims I see everyday in travel I wanted to do something different but the Granite color is more of a challenge than I thought . I have worked the Configurator's and visualizers on many wheel sites , Ive googled granite jeeps with new rims to maybe help with stepping outside the box hoping to narrow down my choices . Ive gone to 2 local jeep custom shops and they tend to lean towards black as well .

Because of what I do for a living and work with Million dollar homes and owners I kinda want to keep some perspective and not go to overboard when Im pulling into there driveways . Then again ,,,,Its a jeep ...a 2018 JEEP !! and it deserves to stand out !!!

Maybe Im complicating it or over thinking it But could really use my fellow Jeep members opinions and ideas, I thank you all who have taken the time to read this and give me your input !!!!!!

Attached are some ideas :

01.JPG

04.JPG

Jeep_Wrangler_with_20in_Black_Rhino_Warlord_Wheels_9505_16911_extra_large.jpeg

C360_2017-02-08-19-26-33-203.jpg

Capture.JPG
Personally I like the third one.