GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC Wrangler JL Club

Greg Cobble

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
I have had this one for about 15 months now but just getting around to a few mods. I love this engine with the 8 speed and 4.11's.

7B8FFD11-AAA5-439F-9D27-43800D86AA79_1_105_c.jpg
Sponsored

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Limited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clean for once

93302A98-02CB-4607-9E2D-FD31AF9F907E.JPG

Sponsored

IvanDiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Wrangler Sport
Vehicle Showcase
My JLU Sport that I purchased in September...BASE MODEL. I'm so thankful for this forum (and FB Marketplace purchases :like:) cause it helped me to figure out how I wanted my "Big Baby" to look.
I painted the grab handles, added interior trim, side steps, gas cap cover, stubby antenna, blackout tail lights/emblems/tint and a hard top. I finally added a RC 2.5" lift along with 35" tires/relocation bracket.
I was hesitant about getting rid of my Challenger but I'm beyond happy with my decision.
Basic - 1.jpg
Interior.jpg
Basic - 3.jpg
Dec - Current1.jpg
Dec - Current3.jpg

saltyaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
My JLU Sport that I purchased in September...BASE MODEL. I'm so thankful for this forum (and FB Marketplace purchases :like:) cause it helped me to figure out how I wanted my "Big Baby" to look.
I painted the grab handles, added interior trim, side steps, gas cap cover, stubby antenna, blackout tail lights/emblems/tint and a hard top. I finally added a RC 2.5" lift along with 35" tires/relocation bracket.
I was hesitant about getting rid of my Challenger but I'm beyond happy with my decision.
Basic - 1.jpg
Interior.jpg
Basic - 3.jpg
Dec - Current1.jpg
Dec - Current3.jpg
I see you have the 6 speed trans - how does it drive now with the 35's?

Sponsored

IvanDiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Wrangler Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I see you have the 6 speed trans - how does it drive now with the 35's?
I currently get about 333 miles on a full tank :( The road noise is louder but I was prepared for both of those issues. It drives smooth. I purchased 20x10 set with M/T tires from Marketplace, but M/Ts are horrible in rain/snow. I'll need to find an all-terrain option.
I have yet to adjust the speedometer or any "re-gearing". I barely use the 5th gear but the 6th gear is non-existent.
I've been looking at the best options for taking care of both (Superchips, etc) but I have to recover from Holiday spending.
If you have any suggestions....

Last edited:

saltyaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I currently get about 333 miles on a full tank :( The road noise is louder but I was prepared for both of those issues. It drives smooth. I purchased 20x10 set with M/T tires from Marketplace, but M/Ts are horrible in rain/snow. I'll need to find an all-terrain option.
I have yet to adjust the speedometer or any "re-gearing". I barely use the 5th gear but the 6th gear is non-existent.
I've been looking at the best options for taking care of both (Superchips, etc) but I have to recover from Holiday spending.
If you have any suggestions....
Sounds like regearing is in your future! The reason I ask is that I've been contemplating 35's as well on a similar Sport with the 6 speed. Sometimes these feel geared too high with the stock size tires, so I'm not sure that I'll go bigger than a 285/70r17.

Great looking rig by the way!