GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC Wrangler JL Club

AK.Wrangler

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Hah... same here ;-). After a lot of research and hemming and hawing I went with the Rough Country ( Tailgate Table | Jeep Wrangler JL 4WD (2018-2021) | Rough Country ). I'm kind of an OEM guy normally so liked the idea of the Mopar - but it didn't stack up against the Rough Country for cost or weight-bearing (the Mopar supports 25lbs, RC is 75). Mopar was nearly 3X cost for essentially the same solution. They look nearly identical, down to the little Jeep cutout in the upper right corner, and there's a great install video on the RC site. You have to drill holes in your rear trim panel, which sounds scarier than it really is. Pops off easily; on the back there are clearly marked places to drill through the plastic, then pop it back on. Easy. It's such a great feature. Enjoy!
I've been looking at the Tailgater by Outback Adventures. I really like how it has the slide out to expand the shelf space if needed. Also it's solid, so nothing can fall through. It's expensive though so I'm kind of torn on that aspect.
Sponsored

DenaliDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
I've been looking at the Tailgater by Outback Adventures. I really like how it has the slide out to expand the shelf space if needed. Also it's solid, so nothing can fall through. It's expensive though so I'm kind of torn on that aspect.
I went with the Tailgater and really like it. Easy install. No rattles and a good amount of working area.

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21.JLU.6MT.GCM.35.4.88.ZEON12
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technical/Indstrial 3D Animator
Vehicle Showcase
I looked at that one too and liked the idea of it. I wondered what I'd be giving up by eliminating the rear trim panel completely. Also read of those who had trouble mounting it, but that could be for any number of reasons... sure does look nice.

micahpop

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The Outback Adventures Trailgater table is awesome. Had one on my JK for 5 years and have one on my JL now. I think it's one of the best (if not, the best) tailgate tables out there.

Yes, it's more expensive than some others but totally worth it, in my opinion.

Sponsored

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
While we're on the topic of our Granites... wondering who else with a '21 has done the Mopar LED headlight swap (part number 82215136AE). There are a bunch of LED headlight threads, many of which deteriorate into technical talk regarding after market solutions. I'm trying to definitively determine if the Mopars will work on my Sport S Unlimited. Some sites say yes, but another Mopar site says incompatible - but shows compatibility extending backwards through the 2018's, all seeming to work fine. My '21 has the 4th wire in the harness present, so no need for the additional harness provided. The trouble appears to be the code required to flash at the dealership. Any insight most welcome.

Jesus_fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Clubs

While we're on the topic of our Granites... wondering who else with a '21 has done the Mopar LED headlight swap (part number 82215136AE). There are a bunch of LED headlight threads, many of which deteriorate into technical talk regarding after market solutions. I'm trying to definitively determine if the Mopars will work on my Sport S Unlimited. Some sites say yes, but another Mopar site says incompatible - but shows compatibility extending backwards through the 2018's, all seeming to work fine. My '21 has the 4th wire in the harness present, so no need for the additional harness provided. The trouble appears to be the code required to flash at the dealership. Any insight most welcome.
I’m no expert but I thought I saw somewhere that said the Tazer programmer let’s you tell the Jeep it has LEDs installed.

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
dont hold me to this, but i believe all model year and trim level headlight mounts are the same. so i would think the swap should be straight foward. as for a reflash. the tazer should take care of it.$$

what about just doing the bulb swap. its alot cheap and just as good than the mopar led. beamtech it a good brand for $40(?). i have the super nova from headlight revolution. i did both headlight and fog light. they are nice and bright. they light up the road with a nice spread. total cost for both lights was $348. its well worth the $$$ imho. btw either bulbs will fit inside the light housing with the dust cover on. and does not flicker or need reflash.

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
dont hold me to this, but i believe all model year and trim level headlight mounts are the same. so i would think the swap should be straight foward. as for a reflash. the tazer should take care of it.$$

what about just doing the bulb swap. its alot cheap and just as good than the mopar led. beamtech it a good brand for $40(?). i have the super nova from headlight revolution. i did both headlight and fog light. they are nice and bright. they light up the road with a nice spread. total cost for both lights was $348. its well worth the $$$ imho. btw either bulbs will fit inside the light housing with the dust cover on. and does not flicker or need reflash.
Thanks Chris, good thoughts all. My issue was I sorta lept before looking. That darn completist in me just had to have my Wrangler how I’d have ordered him - were I to have done so off the web site. The only thing lacking in the one I bought fresh off the train we’re the LED’s. I found a good deal on the OEM kit and jumped on it, planning to do it all myself. After discovering on one Mopar site my ‘21 listed as incompatible I then made the mistake (?) of reading every forum thread I could find on the topic, leaving me even more confused. The issue is the flash/sales code required to be added to the VIN to route power properly. Fitment is standard, as you said. I have been trying to confirm before busting open the box in case they needed to be returned. A trip to the dealer today confirmed: a) it’s the right kit and will work, b) they have the codes to flash it for $150, and c) I’ll not void warranty doing it myself. So now I just need to do it. Honestly the only issue I’m nervous about is disconnecting that pesky auxiliary battery :). Thanks again for your thoughts.

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I’m no expert but I thought I saw somewhere that said the Tazer programmer let’s you tell the Jeep it has LEDs installed.
From all I've read in the forums about the Tazr's, they sound like a good thing to have. That said, with me being new to the Jeep world, and my Wrangler being brand-spankin' new (as of April this year)... well, I guess I'm a little on the cautious side and happy to spend the $150 to have the dealer flash it, rather than more for a device I'm not sure I'll need beyond the flash. But you never know what Santa might bring come December. Thanks for the tip ;-)