GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC Wrangler JL Club

Jeepster_Aus

First Name
Renier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
What's the mount for the front bumper flag?
I will take a picture to show the details. In essence just a peace of flat bar I had in the shed with the sand flag quick connect mount bolted onto it and in turn bolted to the stock Rubi steel bumper.
Sponsored

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
I will take a picture to show the details. In essence just a peace of flat bar I had in the shed with the sand flag quick connect mount bolted onto it and in turn bolted to the stock Rubi steel bumper.
Awesome. I've been pondering the same basic approach for my amateur antenna in hopes of getting a better ground plane from the hood.

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Cleared up the forward view a tad, to be reduced by forthcoming antennae on the front bumper most likely. Pending arrival of under-rear seat mounting hardware for the amateur radio Mondayish.

Jeep Wrangler JL GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC Wrangler JL Club IMG_20210123_104630188

Dash bar in as well, but I'll get a better picture later.
Jeep Wrangler JL GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC Wrangler JL Club IMG_20210121_160324481

D90John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon diesel
Vehicle Showcase
Cleared up the forward view a tad, to be reduced by forthcoming antennae on the front bumper most likely. Pending arrival of under-rear seat mounting hardware for the amateur radio Mondayish.

Jeep Wrangler JL GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC Wrangler JL Club IMG_20210121_160324481

Dash bar in as well, but I'll get a better picture later.
So I am curious- what underseat mounting did you order? I have my Kenwood 700D mounted to mucho Velcro under the seat. I bet yours will be much nicer. Nice lookin ride btw!!

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
So I am curious- what underseat mounting did you order? I have my Kenwood 700D mounted to mucho Velcro under the seat. I bet yours will be much nicer. Nice lookin ride btw!!
I think I stole your idea from earlier in the thread. :angel: Given vandalism and such I'm not planning to keep much in the vehicle, so I have some 1" nylon webbing arriving soon and I'm just going to secure it around the seat frame with a few quick release buckles. I have it measured and mostly worked out, and I'm leaving the radio bracket so it's not sitting directly on the floor and will have a bit of room to breathe.

That ram xgrip fits the remote head fairly well.

D90John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon diesel
Vehicle Showcase
I think I stole your idea from earlier in the thread. :angel: Given vandalism and such I'm not planning to keep much in the vehicle, so I have some 1" nylon webbing arriving soon and I'm just going to secure it around the seat frame with a few quick release buckles. I have it measured and mostly worked out, and I'm leaving the radio bracket so it's not sitting directly on the floor and will have a bit of room to breathe.

That ram xgrip fits the remote head fairly well.
Yes sir- When my wife and I go hiking i strip out all the navigation and after market comms gear as you never know who is going to show up at the trail head. Send a pic when you have it worked out.

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Yes sir- When my wife and I go hiking i strip out all the navigation and after market comms gear as you never know who is going to show up at the trail head. Send a pic when you have it worked out.
Will do. I picked up a reasonable crate to store geat in the back the day I picked up NewJeep. Sure people could Sawzall through it but at least they won't know what's in there while it's sitting at trailheads. Currently I plop that on one of those squareish "furniture dollies", head down the elevator, and chuck it all in the back. Kinda nice to be able to throw boots and bags on the top and roll down to the parking garage.

But sheesh my nice rubber floor mats have a lot of dirt on them already.

I'll take my nice camera, sit it outside in natural light, and get more pictures. Of the rollbar grab handles as well. But not right now because driving would be illegal. :bandit:

Sponsored

H to O

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys 2021, GMC Canyon 2015
The Jeep doesn’t get to go to the boat launch often. The truck has to handle that part... But, there will no boats launching today!

Love my Granite Crystal Metallic JL on a rare sunny Michigan winter day!!!

19AC0739-FCBD-4A30-B8E1-14FD094D3C4B.jpeg