GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC Wrangler JL Club

MJHuber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Picked this up 2 weeks ago and finished the lift last night. Love the ride quality of the Metalcloak 3.5” lift.
Jeep Wrangler JL GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC Wrangler JL Club 7441F22D-155F-44D2-B65B-4DC657982E4F
Jeep Wrangler JL GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC Wrangler JL Club 7441F22D-155F-44D2-B65B-4DC657982E4F
Are those 35s or 37s? Looks really great. Do you have an idea of how many inches in height you got from just the lift?

Sponsored

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
NewJeep visited some trees this morning. No "mods" as yet; being only one week old, the focus has been on lug torque, recalibrating the pedal (no stalls since), and watching the status to make sure things are charging correctly and so forth.

Jeep Wrangler JL GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC Wrangler JL Club OI000008.JPG

Sponsored

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
Aired down to 18 psi, can or should I go lower?
(Big Bear, California)
DSC00185.jpg
Big Bear is beautiful! It's been a few years for me.

Keep this in mind regarding airing down. Yes you can certainly go lower, but on a non beadlock wheel, the lower you go, the greater the risk of breaking the bead between tire/wheel, leaving you in a bad spot.

I used to run 14 psi on my non beadlocks wheeling in Moab and we never had an issue. I did have onboard air and a Hi-Lift with me.

If you're on terrain like in your pic, you could go lower. Happy trails✌🏻

-Steven

D90John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon diesel
Vehicle Showcase
Aired down to 18 psi, can or should I go lower?
(Big Bear, California)
Jeep Wrangler JL GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC Wrangler JL Club DSC00185
I run my Wrangler Rubicon diesel on stock wheels and 35’s in the snow at 16PSI. This works well for me on both rough overlanding trails and snow. I have heard and seen that the real magic is when you run your air pressure in the single digits as when using beadlocks.

E2B5D0CC-3C6A-4FB6-B3F6-180824FB605F.jpeg

Misaruiz

First Name
Misael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Big Bear is beautiful! It's been a few years for me.

Keep this in mind regarding airing down. Yes you can certainly go lower, but on a non beadlock wheel, the lower you go, the greater the risk of breaking the bead between tire/wheel, leaving you in a bad spot.

I used to run 14 psi on my non beadlocks wheeling in Moab and we never had an issue. I did have onboard air and a Hi-Lift with me.

If you're on terrain like in your pic, you could go lower. Happy trails✌🏻

-Steven
Thanks for tip! I'm always looking to learn the reasoning behind decisions made on the trail. I don't WANT to lower my psi just for fun but I do want to know what goes behind the decision to think "18 psi isn't enough, I should go down to 14 psi. But not any lower because I don't have beadlocks."

Thanks!!

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
Thanks for tip! I'm always looking to learn the reasoning behind decisions made on the trail. I don't WANT to lower my psi just for fun but I do want to know what goes behind the decision to think "18 psi isn't enough, I should go down to 14 psi. But not any lower because I don't have beadlocks."

Thanks!!
My pleasure! I think that would keep you safe(14psi/sock wheel) and allow you to experience the difference in psi, especially on the same terrain. That's when you're really learning right?

Keep you and your family/friends in the 'safe' zone always. Changing a flat tire in offroad conditions can be challenging.

Lastly, as mentioned by @D90John , single digits on beadlocks will blow your mind in terms of traction/ability of the tire to work the terrain.

I'll be doing a video on beadlocks soon on my YouTube channel. Be safe Amigo!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5HJ5REOo6XbFuakJem6TTw

-Steven