Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I really like that Mopar CAI. Can you give me some feedback on it? Is it noisy, did it give any real horsepower increase , or fuel efficiency, any other pros and cons ? Appreciate the time.
Thanks
Roky

drvn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2014 JKU, 2005 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
I really like that Mopar CAI. Can you give me some feedback on it? Is it noisy, did it give any real horsepower increase , or fuel efficiency, any other pros and cons ? Appreciate the time.
Thanks
Roky
RE:Horesepower increase
From what I understand from great discussion on this forum from the Mishimoto CAI is that performances improvements will be minimal from CAI alone. The vehicle ECU will simply readjust to the new norm. Increased airflow is a valuable improvement. However, To get significant performance improvements (HP, Torque) from this add on you need a Tune. 2l turbo? see Vaitrix and 3.6 V6? see 5startuning. Superchips has some fans as well.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Thanks
Roky
I just put on the hood vent yesterday and haven't even driven it yet...not my DD. But the airbox I put on a few months ago. It actually is quieter than stock by 2db at idle. May be louder at WOT but not a lot. Gains are probably in the 10rwhp range so hard to notice that. No noticable mpg increase.

This is all pre-hood vent of course. And after installing that it can only help with everything. Getting direct outside air like that is a big plus!

I love the look and its dealer friendly. Also will help with engine temps now that the vent is installed. The intermediate pipe cleans the engine bay up quite a bit.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jbozz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone,
I have a 2019 Rubicon 4-door on its way from Toledo. Does the Rubicon have a higher clearance than a Unlimited Sport and if so, does the Mopar 2" lift kit actually add two inches if she already sits higher?
yes the Rubicon sets higher than the sport model plus the fenders also give you more clearance for the 35" tires if you want to run without lift.. now if you add the 2" lift you'll have even more room to stuff even larger tires if you want...

Sponsored

bug822

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sahara 2.0T
I got the same one and painted in Tamiya gun metal. Haha~~

Du0377

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Medical Student
If anyone decides to switch out the fenders on their Rubicon please let me know. I have been searching for Granite Crystal fenders for a while now with no luck.