Just switched over to full-time open rig! This is the most fun I've had with any vehicle, and I love California!
Hey guys, so I finally completed my move from New York to California, and got to work on my JLUR.
You may remember the photo of my parents picking it up from the dealership for me - it was used in a few articles, and I included it below as a reference point to where my Jeep is now.
As you will see, this is no rock-crawler build. This Jeep is my daily commuter, weekend offroader. Mostly forest trails, fire roads, desert, sand dunes, etc. My wife and I also have to load my 1 year old boy in, hence the step.
Here's what's done so far:
1. The wheels are Fuel Beast, 18" x 9", with 4.5" backspacing and -12mm offset.
2. The tires are 35" x 12.5" BFG KO2s.
This wheel and tire combo will make the tires stick out around 2" from the wheel wells, which I think looks awesome. It's a dramatic difference over the stock tires that hide inside.
I purchased the wheels and tires from ExtremeTerrain.com, which shipped them mounted and balanced with TPMS sensors. They went right on with no trouble. Big thanks to them!
3. Mopar 2" lift ordered through Quadratec.com. Installed at 4WheelParts with alignment done too.
4. Mopar tailgate reinforcement kit.
5. Mopar oversized spare tire kit (may not be necessary)
6. Mopar grab handles, front and rear.
7. Redrock 13" antenna.
In my garage, waiting to go on:
7. Mopar grille and winch guard hoop for Rubicon steel bumper.
8. ARB twin on-board compressor.
9. Smittybilt Gen2 X2O 10,000 lb. Winch, Synthetic Rope & Wireless Control
10. Spider Web Shade
Ordered, and waiting to come in:
11. JCR winch plate for Rubicon steel bumper
12. MORE trunk wall compressor mount
13. Aries ActionTrac power "step-within-a-step".