Sam_Ca

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Folks !! My fellow Jeeprs!

I ordered crystal granite, the devil inside me whispering to change to firecracker red. I have two questions to convince myself 😂
How is your granite holding up? Any spider marks ? How long it goes between wash( I know Jeep should stay muddy as much as possible 😂)

Do you have any regret when you park your Jeep next to bright colors( my sister has red Jeep and jokingly said I will feel like grandpa when I park next to him because my color is boring for a Jeep 😂).

Seriously do you have regrets !

Odierub

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban

I ordered crystal granite, the devil inside me whispering to change to firecracker red. I have two questions to convince myself 😂
How is your granite holding up? Any spider marks ? How long it goes between wash( I know Jeep should stay muddy as much as possible 😂)

Do you have any regret when you park your Jeep next to bright colors( my sister has red Jeep and jokingly said I will feel like grandpa when I park next to him because my color is boring for a Jeep 😂).

oh how I was there not so long ago. Lucky for me I had a quick build and delivery. Because the mind truly plays wicked tricks. I.E. two weeks after placing a GJLUR order I saw a Hydro Blue. And thought “gotta have it”. After some outside reasoning and talking off the cliff I stayed the course. And I’m glad I did.
color choice is so personal and I feel many factors figure into it. Is it your daily driver or is it your second or third vehicle? Is it your first Jeep or have you done the Jeep thing for years? Do you plan on keeping this particular Jeep for years to come or do you plan on swapping out ever few years? And maybe even your age and location plays a bit. I can honestly say if I was 23 and living beachside my choice would probably be different. But I’m 51 and living in Central Missouri.
For me, positively NO regrets. Beautiful color. Pulls out the metallic on the bright sunny days and you get a deep classy look in the night. Stay the course my friend first choice is usually the right choice 🍻

IMO: Hydro Blue is a really cool color. Different time, different place maybe….

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

Not at all in the sun it looks amazing. No issues with scratches or sun damage on my end. Absolutely not a grandpa Jeep
Jeep Wrangler JL GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC Wrangler JL Club 20210416_190052

Sponsored

MonopoliJLUR

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon

i did the same thing but actually switched to red, and still waiting on it, my only advice is to make sure you see granite crystal in person, it looks pretty black/brown in some light, not really what I expected

just my opinion though

Sam_Ca

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
oh how I was there not so long ago. Lucky for me I had a quick build and delivery. Because the mind truly plays wicked tricks. I.E. two weeks after placing a GJLUR order I saw a Hydro Blue. And thought “gotta have it”. After some outside reasoning and talking off the cliff I stayed the course. And I’m glad I did.
color choice is so personal and I feel many factors figure into it. Is it your daily driver or is it your second or third vehicle? Is it your first Jeep or have you done the Jeep thing for years? Do you plan on keeping this particular Jeep for years to come or do you plan on swapping out ever few years? And maybe even your age and location plays a bit. I can honestly say if I was 23 and living beachside my choice would probably be different. But I’m 51 and living in Central Missouri.
For me, positively NO regrets. Beautiful color. Pulls out the metallic on the bright sunny days and you get a deep classy look in the night. Stay the course my friend first choice is usually the right choice 🍻

IMO: Hydro Blue is a really cool color. Different time, different place maybe….
Thanks for the detailed advice . The reason I avoided snazberry because i wanted the deep classy look at night that you mentioned (not just in sun light)!! Yes it was my first choice and when I first saw this color one year back I said to myself this is the color I want. I will take ocsion blue, hydro blue or even the yellow at heartbeat but all those colors not available in Canada. Ordered mine late may and still waiting!!

Thanks for the advice and definitely sticking to granite !

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21.JLU.6MT.GCM.35.4.88.ZEON12
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technical/Indstrial 3D Animator
Vehicle Showcase
Granite Crystal Metallic = the Classy Brute
Jeep Wrangler JL GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC Wrangler JL Club Jeep at the Cabin

The weekend after taking delivery... had to get him muddy right away. He's the first vehicle I've owned that actually looks just as good, if not better - with mud on him.
Jeep Wrangler JL GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC Wrangler JL Club from the back, up at the cabin

A few weeks later after the Rubi Rock Rails, Fuel Filler door and spare tire cover were installed.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

No regrets.....🙂

Jeep Wrangler JL GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC Wrangler JL Club 2CDC6E2E-4D2F-4284-9E00-72C62B9721ED

Last edited:

Kray

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Yep looks muddy when muddy, dirty when dirty, snow looks cold, and awesome when shined up!
Previous post for mud
Jeep Wrangler JL GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC Wrangler JL Club 20210703_142543

Can you tell me what size tires on your rig? I just got a 2021 Rubicon and I love the stock wheels (same as yours). I'm having a 2.5" lift done and tires are going to be MT 255/85/17 (basically 10.0 width vs 12.5). I'm a little concerned they are going to be too thin but it's the only 35" MT shown to fit the stock wheels at 7.5. Appreciate your thoughts!
Sponsored