Qjoh5510

First Name
Quinn
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Operator
Are those the motobilt tail lights? How was the install? They look way better than the factory tails. In my opinion these should have been standard.
That they are. Install wasn’t too bad. One of the brackets you have to install on the inside is nearly impossible to do without kid hands or some tool ingenuity. I had to cut a wrench in half and drill a hole in it and attach some string to it incase I dropped it. There’s literally enough space for like 1 maybe 2 fingers lol. You could remove the gas filler door to gain access to the driver side but the passenger side is sheer will power. I also made a new wiring harness for the lights so once it’s all installed it’s just plug it in. Makes for a cleaner install and no cutting or splicing factory wires. if it came down to it the factory lights can be reinstalled without much effort. The fit on the metal parts wasn’t perfect but close enough to get all the bolts in with a little effort and once tight it pulled it all together nicely. I followed this thread for the wiring harness creation. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/motobilt-tail-light-kit-installed.58466/

Advertisement

DOOKEY

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Andy
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - Granite - Tons and 40's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I make flow formed double beadlocks.
Fresh coat on my wheels. Checking out a solid color for a bit. #ihaveawheelfetishsoshutup

IMG_20210616_153359_471.jpg

IMG_20210616_153359_500.jpg

Last edited:

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S / GMC 1500AT 4x4
Vehicle Showcase

Sam_Ca

First Name
Sam
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I looked at a ton of pictures in this thread when I was deciding on color. Glad I chose granite crystal metallic, and now it’s finally here.
7255D207-6ECD-4419-9333-DB27FE2D75E7.jpeg

-All stock, except tires. Added Nitto Trail Grapplers in 35x11.50R17
Same boat like you, mine ordered but no vin can change color. Do your regret the color when fun color parked near next to you😙 seriously asking!!

Ben_

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392 Granite Crystal
Same boat like you, mine ordered but no vin can change color. Do your regret the color when fun color parked near next to you😙 seriously asking!!
I don’t regret it at all. I’m a fan of dark silver vehicles though. I will say the Black and White 392s look pretty good too. Those would be my second and third choice if I were to do it again. I think the neutral colors go best with the bronze/gold accents.

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
It was GC or billet silver as my choices, I went with the GC for it's never out of style look and night time stealth abilities. 😎

jeephome.JPG

Sam_Ca

First Name
Sam
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I don’t regret it at all. I’m a fan of dark silver vehicles though. I will say the Black and White 392s look pretty good too. Those would be my second and third choice if I were to do it again. I think the neutral colors go best with the bronze/gold accents.
Thanks man ! I am sticking to granite. The firecracker is too red for my test. Can’t believe that they are not making ocean blue and silver billet anymore. (At least not for 2021 models).

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
Did you try with the sway bar disconnect as well?
That is disconnected :) So that is as much stuff as it will take, I'm running a 2" spacer in the front and bumpstop to go with it, shocks are stock at the moment so will get more droop but this is 'stuffed'

And the back

20210619_112420.jpg

Advertisement

Morris 4x4 Center

Advertisement