GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC Wrangler JL Club

RubiGrey

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Love both your builds. I'm planning on picking up a set of Venomrex 501s. Do you mind me asking where you guys ordered them from? And how big are your tires? I'm on stock sport suspension now and trying to figure out if I'll be okay with getting BFG KO2s on my JLU.
Thanks.

I ordered mine directly from Venomrex. My tires are 35x12.5x17.

I had the 33s KO2’s standard with the rubicon, I liked their performance and they are also 3 peak for winter conditions.

I’d say for a sport, I wouldn’t go over 33s without a lift, even with 33s you might rub with the sport, depends what you are doing with it.

Advertisement

JJsJL

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2008 JKU Sahara, 2015 Suburban,
Love both your builds. I'm planning on picking up a set of Venomrex 501s. Do you mind me asking where you guys ordered them from? And how big are your tires? I'm on stock sport suspension now and trying to figure out if I'll be okay with getting BFG KO2s on my JLU.
Thanks! I also ordered mine directly from Venomrex. They had a nice Black Friday sale. I am running 35x12.5x17. You should be ok to run a 33 but you won’t have much fender clearance if you stay stock. Ok daily driving but would likely rub fenders if off roading. If you want to run a 35” I’d consider a 2-2.5” lift. My Mopar 2” lift gave me exactly 2.5” on all 4 corners. Most lifts level the Jeep so you get more in the front to level them out.

YenBoon

First Name
Ben
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Thanks.

I ordered mine directly from Venomrex. My tires are 35x12.5x17.

I had the 33s KO2’s standard with the rubicon, I liked their performance and they are also 3 peak for winter conditions.

I’d say for a sport, I wouldn’t go over 33s without a lift, even with 33s you might rub with the sport, depends what you are doing with it.
Thanks! I also ordered mine directly from Venomrex. They had a nice Black Friday sale. I am running 35x12.5x17. You should be ok to run a 33 but you won’t have much fender clearance if you stay stock. Ok daily driving but would likely rub fenders if off roading. If you want to run a 35” I’d consider a 2-2.5” lift. My Mopar 2” lift gave me exactly 2.5” on all 4 corners. Most lifts level the Jeep so you get more in the front to level them out.

Thanks for the replies fellas. Last question, did you guys order the black center caps/red overlays thru their site as well? They have the caps in stock but no red overlays available at the moment.

JJsJL

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2008 JKU Sahara, 2015 Suburban,
Thanks for the replies fellas. Last question, did you guys order the black center caps/red overlays thru their site as well? They have the caps in stock but no red overlays available at the moment.
Yes. I ordered the black caps and red overlays from them as well.

RubiGrey

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did order the black centre caps, but ended up liking the ones that came with the the wheels, so I returned the black ones.

the red inserts are separate as well, they are just thick stickers that come in multiple colours.

FYI, because of the offset, you won’t be able to use the rear camera housing.

WheezysJL

First Name
Jay
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
I Would like to buy granite crystal rubicon fenders. Already split/chopped is fine. Will be running AAL light kit. Anyone selling please pm me

YenBoon

First Name
Ben
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I did order the black centre caps, but ended up liking the ones that came with the the wheels, so I returned the black ones.

the red inserts are separate as well, they are just thick stickers that come in multiple colours.

FYI, because of the offset, you won’t be able to use the rear camera housing.
I'm assuming the stock center caps are the same color as the wheels? Would you happen to have a picture of them? I tried zooming in on your pictures but I can't really tell a difference between the two (which I guess is a good thing.)

Thanks for the heads up regarding the rear camera housing!

RubiGrey

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm assuming the stock center caps are the same color as the wheels? Would you happen to have a picture of them? I tried zooming in on your pictures but I can't really tell a difference between the two (which I guess is a good thing.)

Thanks for the heads up regarding the rear camera housing!
Yup, they are the same color. For some reason they look slightly darker then the rim itself, but the black ones are black, so just depends what you want.

Unfortunately I don’t have a close up.

YenBoon

First Name
Ben
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Yup, they are the same color. For some reason they look slightly darker then the rim itself, but the black ones are black, so just depends what you want.

Unfortunately I don’t have a close up.
Your explanation was perfect, thank you for saving me $128+ in buying unnecessary center caps! Worst case scenario, if I don't like the shade of darkness I can just plastidip them black.

RubiGrey

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your explanation was perfect, thank you for saving me $128+ in buying unnecessary center caps! Worst case scenario, if I don't like the shade of darkness I can just plastidip them black.
No worries.

I’ve heard the plastidip is a magnet for debris, so you’ll get dust and dirt sticking to it.

Also, the center caps have these small decorative silver pieces, might be hard to plati dip.

1618194810848.jpeg

if you want to know what they would look like in black, just cover the grey with electric tap and take a picture .. or take a picture and use MS paint to edit it.

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation