First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
Go to Jeep website, download Grand Cherokee Owners Manual Diesel supplement. Thought I could provide link but that wasn't working.

Something future buyers might want to familiarize themselves with. Perhaps we can live with the DPF, if we follow these guidelines. Not going to be an issue for me to maintain DEF levels or drive at highway speeds for 20 minutes or longer, periodically. If these practices plus proper maintenance prolongs the life of the DPF then I can't honestly see any downside to waiting for the diesel. Better fuel economy. Adequate torque out of the box without further modifications. Diesels last longer. I believe they are easier to rebuild. At least in the marine application they are.

Am I missing something?
Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Go to Jeep website, download Grand Cherokee Owners Manual Diesel supplement. Thought I could provide link but that wasn't working.

Something future buyers might want to familiarize themselves with. Perhaps we can live with the DPF, if we follow these guidelines. Not going to be an issue for me to maintain DEF levels or drive at highway speeds for 20 minutes or longer, periodically. If these practices plus proper maintenance prolongs the life of the DPF then I can't honestly see any downside to waiting for the diesel. Better fuel economy. Adequate torque out of the box without further modifications. Diesels last longer. I believe they are easier to rebuild. At least in the marine application they are.

Am I missing something?

https://www.mopar.com/jeep/en-us/care/owners-manual.html

Sponsored

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
You will want to tune it. Out of the factory, the ecodiesel is a dog. You'll also want a tune that software deletes EGR,othherwise it's going to soot up.. At 30K miles ours was caked with soot. Since we tuned it and got rid of EGR it's been fairly problem free. The Green Diesel Engineering tune really wakes the engine up. If we hadn't gotten the tune, we'd have traded the ecodiesel 2 years ago...

Last edited:
OP
OP

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
You will want to tune it. Out of the factory, the ecodiesel is a dog. You'll also want a tune that software deletes EGR,othherwise it's going to soot up.. At 30K miles ours was caked with soot. Since we tuned it and got rid of EGR it's been fairly problem free. The Green Diesel Engineering tune really wakes the engine up. If we hadn't gotten the tune, we'd have traded the ecodiesel 2 years ago...
Doesn’t EGR delete void warranties and in some cases I’m reading one’s insurance. Total newbie with diesel so excuse the dumb questions.

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Doesn’t EGR delete void warranties and in some cases I’m reading one’s insurance. Total newbie with diesel so excuse the dumb questions.
It's a software delete. The dealer can't detect it. We have the 10/100 maxcare warranty on ours and it's never been noticed, even considering I have a lock on the OBD port so they can't plug in to it...lol

OP
OP

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
It's a software delete. The dealer can't detect it. We have the 10/100 maxcare warranty on ours and it's never been noticed, even considering I have a lock on the OBD port so they can't plug in to it...lol
I get it now. Thanks
Sponsored