Sponsored

Grand Canyon Advice

xj_scuba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I'm planning a cross country trip in February, its a change of assignment so I'm locked into the date. I'm hoping to spend a night remote camping along the Grand Canyon and am looking for advice on if this is feasible, and if so, where.

I was originally looking at Point Sublime but it seems like that isn't accessible in the winter.

I appreciate any advice you can provide.
Sponsored

AZJim_JoAnn

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2020 JL Sport S
I think you are going to be hard pressed to find anything close to the North Rim in the winter. Most roads towards the canyon are closed. The south rim is typically open through winter as long as the snow isn't too bad. Is the south rim an option for you?

OP
OP
xj_scuba

xj_scuba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I think you are going to be hard pressed to find anything close to the North Rim in the winter. Most roads towards the canyon are closed. The south rim is typically open through winter as long as the snow isn't too bad. Is the south rim an option for you?
The south rim would be an option. Do you know of any good sites?

I'm normally all about exploring to find a good camp site, but with a big trip like this, that's part of a move, I'm trying to plan things a little tighter than normal.
Sponsored