Sponsored

GPS Tracker found on my New 2020 Wrangler???

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Yup no issues at all just unplugged it. I’ll be repairing the wire myself in the next couple weeks
Let me know how you repair the wire. I left the plastic splice on the odb2 wire, nut removed /unplugged the wireing from there to the box. I did not want to remove the plastic splice part since it would leave bare wire exposed. With my use, thats asking for trouble.
Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Let me know how you repair the wire. I left the plastic splice on the odb2 wire, nut removed /unplugged the wireing from there to the box. I did not want to remove the plastic splice part since it would leave bare wire exposed. With my use, thats asking for trouble.
Just going to remove the splice tab and inspect the wiring for breakage. If I see none then. I’ll just auto fiber tap the wire and the harness to make it look better

Steve1954

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon unlimited diesel
Occupation
Retired
I bought a 2020 JLU, the flip side to this is, have it installed and install a phone app and you get to track jeep and turn off if stolen, no monthly fees

artatlas

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I decided to check my 2020 as well, no loan, gave check to dealership for full amount. Asked to have no security add on crap. After seeing all these posts i wanted to make sure no crappy install job done. Sure enough there it was. Key teem "was". Will be calling dealership soon as i did not approve of this.

20200227_164554.jpg
I just drove home with my 2020 JL, had check from my credit union for the full amount (since they financed my loan) and before I got my keys to drive off they tried to sell me on the same tracking GPS device. When I said I didn't want or authorize the installation they the guy tried to tell me I would have to pay to have the unauthorized item removed. Once I explained that I would walk in a heartbeat, he said he'd remove it, but they never did. I'm pretty f##kin pissed.

If my credit union wanted to place the tracker - fine, since they technically own the car until I pay it off. However, to have the dealer do it when they have full payment of the car really pisses me off to no end. I'm planning on having a convo with the dealership when I can carve out some time tomorrow.

To put it lightly - this is total bullshit.

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Oh those are fun. Mopar sells one called EVTS, and that's not this particular unit. It might be able to shut off/keep the vehicle off, but you're still dealing with the alarm system when it comes to powering it on and unlocking it.

Of course, if you have an 8.4" radio, you have uconnect guardian, and your Jeep is connected to the internet as long as it has a connection to AT&T. The only way to get around that is to get rid of the radio.
Thanks! I think I figured out what’s in my recently purchased 17 JK. I have a button like this left of the column.

98023DB5-42B7-4437-AC08-F210E147CF8D.jpeg

Sponsored

flharleycop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2018 Ford Raptor, past 79 CJ5, 86 CJ7, 11 JKU
Occupation
Retired
Why would leaving it in gear be a bad habit?? I've been doing that for over 30 years. Plus the parking brake.

And parking brakes fail once in a while
I agree how else do you leave a manual trans, in lowest gear with PB on and wheels directed to curve up or down hill.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I have the Evt and I like it it's a lot better than the Sirius guardian. instead of having to wake up in the morning to find out your vehicle is gone the minute it starts moving it notifies you if the ignition has been turned on. You could also trackitt 24/7 but I like the fact that if it moves without being started they get notified and they notify you immediately most vehicles today are stolen with tow trucks so If it starts moving like I said it will notify them and they notify you immediately. without it you could wake up in the morning and that's been nine 10 hours it could be in Mexico if you live in Texas I love it I wouldn't go anywhere without it

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I don't know why y'all are out worried about that it's like OnStar it's in the vehicle if you don't pay for it it's not turned on . Onstar doesn't track people if they don't pay for the service they don't spy on them it's there on every vehicle in case you want to have it hooked up don't know why everybody's freaking out wanting to take it out of the vehicle they don't got time to track people for the hell of it

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Yeah it was a pig tail OBD2 plug and had a harness that ran to a block box with blinking LED's.
Knowing what you now know, I would stop by the dealership, provide them the part and ask them to explain to you what the part is, what is the function and what does it do?

And more importantly, how can you order another one? Insist that not having it impairs your vehicle’s main function and demand that you need another one :giggle:

And then step back, listen and watch the train wreck.
I'm going to line my garage with tin foil after this.
Are trying to FOIL their surveillance?
Sponsored