GPS issues

LittleG

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara
So my gps thinks I’m 2 states away ..any thoughts? Can i reset this thing somehow ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
LittleG

LittleG

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara
I type my home address and it won’t even work cause it says proceed to route and it shows me in water lol...

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Is this the GPS or is this from your phone? Reason I ask is because when I first purchased my JLU I could bring up Waze or Apple Maps (didn't matter which one I used), it would show me in the correct location, with the correct directions, then as soon as I plugged it into the Jeep, Car Play would show me in Delaware(where the Jeep was originally purchased) and directions constantly correcting.

This went on for a while and then one day just corrected itself.

Sponsored

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
First off that is a resettable function and not a REAL COMPLAINT.
It will reset

Rusty Teeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Electronics Tech/ Fabricator/ 5G Fiber Optic Cellular Tech
Just noticed this page, im reading 20 miles away, after i took it in for a recall

20190929_151450.jpg

20190929_151446.jpg

MItwenty18JL

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sahara, Grand Cherokee Overland, MINI Convertible S
Vehicle Showcase
So my gps thinks I’m 2 states away ..any thoughts? Can i reset this thing somehow ?
Did you ever get this resolved? I just noticed my GPS is off by about 120 miles. It is also off in the Off Road Pages app where it displays the coordinates.

Rusty Teeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sahara Altitude
Occupation
I had to get my radio replaced to fix it. In previous post shows no signals from any gps satellite

MItwenty18JL

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sahara, Grand Cherokee Overland, MINI Convertible S
Vehicle Showcase
I had to get my radio replaced to fix it. In previous post shows no signals from any gps satellite
I swung by the dealership yesterday to see if they could reset it. They pulled the fuse for about 20 minutes but that did not work. They told me to schedule an appointment. I've been experiencing a number of other intermittent issues with the guidelines randomly disappearing from the camera, radio muting and not able to get sound, and recently the screen went extremely dim for a day to where I could barely see anything even with it in my dark garage. I'm thinking my radio may need to be replaced as well.

Sponsored

OP
OP
LittleG

LittleG

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara
The dealership told me over the phone to bring my Jeep in so they can order me a new radio system for the gps issue before my warranty is up, also I’m starting to have radio issues where all I get is static out of speakers no matter if it’s my iPhone connected or the xm radio..

Rusty Teeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Its the bezel around the radio,and few mouting screws, harder to neatly hook up and route the wiring. The xm subscription is a whole different ordeal lol

OP
OP
LittleG

LittleG

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara
They are gonna replace the radio /gps and hopefully it will fix it all

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Just noticed this page, im reading 20 miles away, after i took it in for a recall

20190929_151450.jpg

20190929_151446.jpg
I am just now starting to have this issue which, naturally, occurs right after my bumper-to-bumper warranty expires. Is replacing the radio the only solution? Is it possible the GPS antenna might be bad or somehow got disconnected? I'm half-tempted to disassemble my soundbar just to make sure before I end up having to replace the damn radio.

The navigation apparently senses movement and turns correctly, it just can't establish my correct position and also shows an altitude of zero.

OP
OP
LittleG

LittleG

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara
♂ I’m taking mine in tomorrow for the gps issues , not that I actually need it cause of my phone but it’s just nice to have ..they told me on the phone when I set up the appointment that I have to change what state I’m in , in the gps system .isnt that the point of a gps to tell me that answer .... also going in for 2 recalls ....hopefully they are open tomorrow though with this virus going around
Sponsored