Sponsored

"GPS Antenna Input" on Sport S Tech Group?

Tragdor

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Did you find out what wires you need to connect the radio to the gps antenna? I bout the 8.4 and the gos antenna which i mounted ontop of the soundbar rollbar but i cant find the part number for the wires to connect the gos antenna
Here’s the info I had sent to the parts department when I ordered at the time:

-7” radio with satellite radio: 68297546AE
-7” Radio Bezel: 6AB53TX7AA
-Sirius Antenna Extension Cable: 5064159AG
-Sirius Antenna: 68293949AA (This antenna is for the satellite radio and GPS)
Sponsored

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
How did the compass work with my 5 inch non nav, non XM stock radio, but not with my 7 inch Mopar upgrade? How did it lose the ability to obtain true north? Anyone out there know if I am missing something?
thanks

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
Anything is possible‼

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
How did the compass work with my 5 inch non nav, non XM stock radio, but not with my 7 inch Mopar upgrade? How did it lose the ability to obtain true north? Anyone out there know if I am missing something?
thanks
I’m wondering if you ever tackled this problem?
I had the 5” and had satellite/compass functions. Upgraded to the 7” and lost both. I have the combo satellite/gps antenna ready to be installed, but I haven’t cracked open the soundbar or anything else to see how to route the antenna cable.

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
I’m wondering if you ever tackled this problem?
I had the 5” and had satellite/compass functions. Upgraded to the 7” and lost both. I have the combo satellite/gps antenna ready to be installed, but I haven’t cracked open the soundbar or anything else to see how to route the antenna cable.
I took the easy way out and I used the shortened cable with that particular antenna that you have mentioned and shoved it neatly placed it behind the new head unit when I installed it. I secured it with some 3M heavy-duty adhesive automotive great double-sided tape so that if it ever did bounce around and it would stick to inside that cavity and not make any noise. it works like a charm, no signal attenuation whatsoever.

Sponsored

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Merchant Marine
I took the easy way out and I used the shortened cable with that particular antenna that you have mentioned and shoved it neatly placed it behind the new head unit when I installed it. I secured it with some 3M heavy-duty adhesive automotive great double-sided tape so that if it ever did bounce around and it would stick to inside that cavity and not make any noise. it works like a charm, no signal attenuation whatsoever.
Thanks for the reply.
Because I’m slow... and just to clarify, you put the gps/satellite antenna behind the head unit with the shortened cable, correct?
That’s genius! Great solution and thank you for showing me an easier way out.

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
Thanks for the reply.
Because I’m slow... and just to clarify, you put the gps/satellite antenna behind the head unit with the shortened cable, correct?
That’s genius! Great solution and thank you for showing me an easier way out.
Absolutely. It works 100% of the time all of the time I think that’s how the saying goes lol. It’s a pretty robust antenna and it’s made to go through a hard top so I have no qualms with it going through my thin dashboard and then through the glass which is essentially transparent as far as the signal was involved.

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Merchant Marine
Absolutely. It works 100% of the time all of the time I think that’s how the saying goes lol. It’s a pretty robust antenna and it’s made to go through a hard top so I have no qualms with it going through my thin dashboard and then through the glass which is essentially transparent as far as the signal was involved.
I’ve been searching this topic for months! I really appreciate your insight. Thank you.

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
I’ve been searching this topic for months! I really appreciate your insight. Thank you.
Absolutely! That’s what we’re here for, to help each other out. Good luck, keep me posted.

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Will the antenna plug striaght into the back of the 7? or do I need the cabel and the antenna?

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase