Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I might be wrong, but it seems at one time Jeep had an Overland Wrangler model for sale in Australia.
Could very well be.

Overland was one of the founding halves in Willys-Overland, and has long been used to denote Jeep’s more luxurious trims.

I think I saw a UK member on another JL forum indicate that he owned a Wrangler Overland.
Sponsored

Coops4284

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB; 2019 Indian Scout Bobber
Occupation
IT Enterprise Architect
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I agree. There’s something weird about that. Especially when someone is trying to “up-badge” their vehicle.

I stuck an “OVERLAND” decal on my hood because I liked the decal and the heritage of the “Overland” name in Jeep’s history.

7C49A5BF-D84E-49C2-8017-3860B2A46B9C.jpeg

But some people seem to get confused to no end when they see a Sahara with a big OVERLAND decal plastered on the hood. So I ordered a SAHARA decal from pixeldecals; it should arrive in the next week or two. I’ll post pix when it arrives.
I dont see an issue with Overland, and I like the homage to the old Willys-Overland. I am from NW Ohio, and grew up in a suburb of Toledo. The OVERLAND smoke stack still stands on the old Jeep grounds, which is now occupied a new Dana facility.

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
One of my deciding factors in getting a Sahara was the “re-introduction” of Selec-Trac. I had it in my 1995 and 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokees and couldn’t say enough good things about those Jeeps and the 4WD system.

Yes, I realize this Selec-Trac is technically different, but ultimately they both provide “full-time 4WD.”

I’ve had my JL five weeks now. Been driving mostly in 2WD, but that’s changing as winter approaches. One thing I noticed since it started raining is that the rear tires are prone to slipping on 2WD more than on my prior JKs. My guess is that the 8-speed is more efficient at transferring power to the ground, increasing traction demands on the rear tires.

Last night was raining for a change, so I shifted Selec-Trac into “Auto:” LOVE IT! The tire slipping is gone; the Jeep drives more confidently, and the steering even wanders less. It’s hard to describe, but the Jeep feels better put together. Reminds me of how safe my old Grand Cherokees used to feel; which is what got me into Jeeps originally.

Anyway, everyone has his/her unique reasons for buying a Jeep. But if you are considering a Sahara for the Selec-Trac, go for it. You won’t regret it!
Selec-Trac was the best option I got no my 19 Sahara. Anyone who has something negative to say about it simply doesn't get it!!. It's a lifesaver and works amazingly well. Turns a great 4wd vehicle into an AWD without having to touch a lever. I set it in Selec-Trac and haven't touched it since. Best $595 I ever spent.

Sponsored

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
Seen on Quadratec’s Facebook page
Jeep Wrangler JL Gotta love Selec-Trac! B7160876-6585-423B-A413-EB57D30AE274
I added chocolate, lobster, a wife to my Jeep fixation. I think I still spend the most time obsessing about Jeeps, but the other distractions do help with the addiction. :)~

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Selec-Trac was the best option I got no my 19 Sahara. Anyone who has something negative to say about it simply doesn't get it!!. It's a lifesaver and works amazingly well. Turns a great 4wd vehicle into an AWD without having to touch a lever. I set it in Selec-Trac and haven't touched it since. Best $595 I ever spent.
Agreed. Selec-Trac is one of those options difficult to appreciate until you have personally tried it.

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Paramedic
I have a 2021 Rubicon and it has the selec-trac. Looking forward to using it on wet and snowy roads.
WOW, great to hear that it is finally offered on the Rubicon. My next Jeep.

Sponsored

Deleted member 59098

Selec Trac is nice. I specifically got it for my ZJ when shopping at pick n pull for transfer cases. It’s nice to be able to accelerate fast if needed without the rear spinning in the rain or snow. No worries about binding in mixed snow and dry conditions. Nowadays, I just stay in 2H in snow unless it’s really bad or Caltrans stops and makes me go 4H.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I love my Slec-Trac. In the last heavy snow we had just set it and did what I needed to do. Haven’t had to touch 4Hi on roads. Especially nice when we had flooding last summer. Set it in 4Auto and left it there until things dried out. came in handy when responding to calls.

BenDiem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 991.2TT; 23 EVO RWD
Occupation
US Gov’t Contractor & Gym Rat
Great thread. It’s made me realize I will definitely select this option when I order my new JL...

For our horrible Midwest weather (frequent rain, damp/wet roads, cold temps & some snow) Selec-Trac is a nice safety feature.

Cheers/B

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Paramedic
I love my Slec-Trac. In the last heavy snow we had just set it and did what I needed to do. Haven’t had to touch 4Hi on roads. Especially nice when we had flooding last summer. Set it in 4Auto and left it there until things dried out. came in handy when responding to calls.
How old is that Tonka Jeep toy in your picture?. Very cool. I cant find one anywhere. Just the WW2 Military Green ones.
Sponsored