Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Moab is out for 2020? Did someone say that?

JCJR824

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLUR Billet Silver
If Rubicon came with selec trac in the US it would be on mine.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I am thinking about doing a trade up next year to a select trac model. I love this Rubicons looks but will never appreciate all its capabilities. I think select trac would be better for me.

Sponsored

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Moab is out for 2020? Did someone say that?
Correct. It was a well-equipped, limited edition 2018-19 Sahara. It seems to have been discontinued for 2020.

At first they sat unsold for months because no one knew what they were. When word got out they got snatched up.

When I was shopping for a JL, a couple of months ago now, a dealer in Dinuba, CA, still had several in stock. He wasn’t discounting them much, though.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
I keep mine in 4auto- Select Trac at all times and never take it off of that setting. This is THE reason I didn't get a Rubicon. In CT weather changes like some woman I know with PMS so Select Trac is mandatory. Like having a unlimited supply of Midol!!!. :)~
Leaving it in selec trac all the time wastes gas. Im in Vermont, I put it into select trac when I need it.

brbutler

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 6-speed, 2016 VW GTI 6-speed, 1984 Porsche 928S 5-speed
Has anyone considered/done a retrofit of SelecTrac into a 6-speed manual Sahara with LSD? Is it technically possible?

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
After seeing that Jeep offers Selec-Trac on Rubicons in other markets, I guess everything is possible.

I haven’t seen a manual transmission with Selec-Trac...yet. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if some forum member informs us that Jeep offers that combo...in Greenland or Patagonia.

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Leaving it in selec trac all the time wastes gas. Im in Vermont, I put it into select trac when I need it.
Yes, it is true that leaving Selec-Trac consumes more gasoline. I’m seeing it already.

However, for those of us driving on roads with a layer of some sort of moisture for nine months of the year, it may be a small price to pay.

Sponsored

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
I like the idea of full time 4WD and after driving in a storm through VT a few days ago, would have been more practical to have full time 4WD vs. having to shift in and out of 4H in our Rubicon, but ultimately it takes all but a second to do, so no big deal. The 4WD took on the snow and ice like a boss.

YYCSahara

First Name
BDLL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.0T
Yes, it is true that leaving Selec-Trac consumes more gasoline. I’m seeing it already.

However, for those of us driving on roads with a layer of some sort of moisture for nine months of the year, it may be a small price to pay.
I've had mine in 4H auto since October and have not noticed any difference in gas consumption other than typical winter gas/ cold temp slight drop every other vehicles endures. 4H auto runs in 2H until it slips from what I understand.

The only way I can see some gas consumption difference is if you're comparing leaving it in 2H in really poor snow conditions and "dealing with it" vs having it in 4H and taking advantage of extra traction. But that's not a fair comparison.

marek

First Name
Marek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Jeep Wrangler Moab 03 Mercedes SL 500
I don’t know if I am looking at a Sahara with lockers or a Rubicon with selectrac...BUT I want one.
I think it’s more likely Sahara with lockers, hence the low line narrower fender flares on all European Rubicons.

porcusRex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru
what i'd like to see would be a transmission that could be AWD and true 4WD. the ford raptor (and i think a few other models) have this ability.
Sponsored