Sponsored

Got the JLUR stuck the other day, is rock track to blame?

Lohkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I did some testing trying to re create what happened when I was stuck. One of the things I found is that if you have the tazer and you fully disable traction control no matter what your transfer case is set at the Jeep will be RWD. This goes for 4lo as well, so in theory it would be 2Lo.

It is possible that I did fully turn off traction thinking it would help me or I had it off prior. This is my first Jeep and first 4x4 so I am getting use to how these things work, especially how you want them to.

I played around with 4lo a couple times between yesterday and today and didny hear anything. I will try it at full lock. I'm also thinking it could have been a branch or stick that had gotten caught underneath.

Thanks for the tip about checking with a local shop before going to the dealer.
I have a tazer as well and full disable of ESC/TCS doesn't prevent the front wheels from getting power. The rock-trak on the rubicon is a part time transfer case that is actuated manually. Once it is in 4Hi/Lo, power is mechanically sent to the front axle (unless there is something broken). Like someone mentioned, maybe your FAD was disconnected for some reason, for exemple, if you got stuck in 2H and then forced it in 4H/L while being stationnary, maybe the FAD couldn't connect because the shaft never got the chance to align.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Snowboardinwny

Snowboardinwny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 528i
I have a tazer as well and full disable of ESC/TCS doesn't prevent the front wheels from getting power. The rock-trak on the rubicon is a part time transfer case that is actuated manually. Once it is in 4Hi/Lo, power is mechanically sent to the front axle (unless there is something broken). Like someone mentioned, maybe your FAD was disconnected for some reason, for exemple, if you got stuck in 2H and then forced it in 4H/L while being stationnary, maybe the FAD couldn't connect because the shaft never got the chance to align.
Do you have rock-trak? Maybe it is just mine but I have tested it in a snowy parking lot with many different combinations from starting in 2H and fully disable to starting in 4L and fully disabling traction. No matter what I did the front wheels would not get power.

I do agree with your statement about the shaft never getting a chance to align. Also I have been offroading a few times since and have had no issues with 4H or 4L. Side note, it's incredible what these things are capable of stock.

Lohkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Do you have rock-trak? Maybe it is just mine but I have tested it in a snowy parking lot with many different combinations from starting in 2H and fully disable to starting in 4L and fully disabling traction. No matter what I did the front wheels would not get power.

I do agree with your statement about the shaft never getting a chance to align. Also I have been offroading a few times since and have had no issues with 4H or 4L. Side note, it's incredible what these things are capable of stock.
Yes I have the rock-trak, the other option is select-trak and it wasn't available on rubicons in 2018.
Sponsored