Sponsored

Got my Vaccine....And a VERY Cool Experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
Hmmm...that's definitely a "dad joke" for sure. I should've known better. :facepalm:

Since you asked...I do diagnostic and interventional cardiology and diagnostic and interventional cardiac electrophysiology. Things like coronary stents...peripheral-vascular stents...pacemaker & defibrillator implants...cardiac ablations to treat arrhythmias. In layman's terms, it's a little bit of plumbing and a little bit of electrical work here and there. Junk like that. It's neat work and can be pretty exciting at times while other stuff can be hours of boredom followed by seconds of terror...which generally increases your "SPF" -- Sphincter Pucker Factor. This year is my 31st year doing this kind of work and I wouldn't have it any other way. It's been a great career!
In other words, he gets paid a lot of money to work in a nice clean environment ;)

Just messing with you. Having followed some of my PTs into the cath lab, that is some awesome work to watch for sure! It's really cool when you see those coronary arteries open up.
:like:
Sponsored

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Hmmm...that's definitely a "dad joke" for sure. I should've known better. :facepalm:

Since you asked...I do diagnostic and interventional cardiology and diagnostic and interventional cardiac electrophysiology. Things like coronary stents...peripheral-vascular stents...pacemaker & defibrillator implants...cardiac ablations to treat arrhythmias. In layman's terms, it's a little bit of plumbing and a little bit of electrical work here and there. Junk like that. It's neat work and can be pretty exciting at times while other stuff can be hours of boredom followed by seconds of terror...which generally increases your "SPF" -- Sphincter Pucker Factor. This year is my 31st year doing this kind of work and I wouldn't have it any other way. It's been a great career!
There r a few docs on here, im one of em. lotsa' endovascular experience (anesthetic mgmt, that is.) seconds of terror is where we feel alive 😉

And on the side, yes, i perfect my dad joke game...

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

Pfft. Sounds like a conspiracy to me. You’re probably implanting microchips... and you guys just wear masks during “procedures” to hide your grins while you implant them, right?

😂

Seriously, though, thank goodness people like you exist. I could not handle that pucker factor. Or, you know, having to interact with (and touch/smell) sick strangers.

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
There r a few docs on here, im one of em. lotsa' endovascular experience (anesthetic mgmt, that is.) seconds of terror is where we feel alive 😉

And on the side, yes, i perfect my dad joke game...
Seconds of terror...
Just keep me out of the K-hole.:rock:

Seriously though, always appreciate those with a healing touch!

Sponsored

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
Next question is, do you do any side work?
Nope...no side work. At the end of the day, I'm pretty much ready to go home and unwind.

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
In other words, he gets paid a lot of money to work in a nice clean environment ;)

Just messing with you. Having followed some of my PTs into the cath lab, that is some awesome work to watch for sure! It's really cool when you see those coronary arteries open up.
:like:
It's not *always* a clean environment. We have our share of "dirty patients" and have probably been averaging anywhere from 3 to 5 COVID positive patients per week in the cath lab for a few months now. But, yea, you're right, it's neat work.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I’m a huge NASCAR fan and a motorsports fan in general so I love seeing these tracks using the facilities for this type of thing.
i'm a big nascar fan too. i agree that its great that the race tracks opens up to the community for them to use.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I went to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway yesterday to get a drive-through Covid vaccine and to my surprise, they did these in the Formula One garages! So I was obviously pretty excited about this. A soldier from the Indiana National Guard who was working noticed this and offered to take my phone and take a picture. He then ducked my Jeep, too! The icing on the cake was the drive down pit lane afterward.

I was shocked and amazed that the Indianapolis Motor Speedway did it this way!

v9weqjp-jpg.jpg
that was awesome. i would love to do that.

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
In the meantime, I'm printing out an 8x10 of the pic in that garage. I'm going to try and get either IMS President Doug Bowles or maybe Roger Penske himself to autograph it. Then it will go in my office.
roger would defiantly sign it. just got to catch him at the track. bet he'll be up for a photo op.

fjwagner

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Rubicon
How cool!

Did they check to see if you had more then 5 qts. of oil in that thing... 8-)

I got my first shot, (Moderna) last week at a CVS Pharmacy....
Got my 2nd at CVS Saturday in Katy, Texas. Low grade fever and tired Sunday (slept a lot), hit the gym for a heavy squat, bench, press, rack pulls today (Monday) and felt great. Glad to get this in the books!

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
I got the Johnson and Johnson, so 1 dose. But the real fun began long after that pic was taken, which was at 10am. At about 7pm, serious fatigue set in. So I went to bed. Then by 8pm I had a 103 degree fever and murderous headache until 3am. The fever is long gone, but the headache is really weird. It comes and goes every 5 to 10 minutes. Ugggh.
Cool location.

I have mixed feelings about the vaccine. Especially since I'm an old guy. I joined the military at 17 and did 20 years then 25 as a Cop. I've been evaluating risk for myself and others for most of my life. Covid is very low on my list of concerns.
I found out by chance that the Safeway Pharmacy locally was giving the J&J vaccine. I decided to go ahead and get it and had the shot last Friday. I had some mild fatigue and a mild headache that afternoon and evening. No fever. Slept like a rock that night for 8 hours, rare for me. Next day I was pretty much GTG.

Last edited:

Baddog2020

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Wow! Several years ago in my previous life, I attended a security briefing at the Speedway and got a chance to walk out on the track. The banked turns were scary on foot but must be a lot of fun to zip around at silly speed !

Got my second Moderna this morning. Other folks in my office complained of chills, fever, aches, pissing like a race horse and even the shits. I plan on popping two Tylenol PMs this evening with a Mike’s Harder Lemonade (wife won’t let that happen) and shutting it down.
Arm is sorer than the first time. But it beats taking a dirt nap.

Quick update- Woke up and felt pretty good. But right at the 24 hour mark fever kicked in. A minor chill - just enough to sit on the couch and watch college hoops all day. Sunday morning felt good enough to take the bike out for the first time this year. I’ll continue to mask up and avoid crowds for a while. Managed this far, so why screw it up now. Probably get hit by falling space debris. When your number is up...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.