Sponsored

Got my Vaccine....And a VERY Cool Experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Once again guys, the vaccine was just for context. I didn't even mention it in the OP. So just keep flying with it.

In the meantime, I'm printing out an 8x10 of the pic in that garage. I'm going to try and get either IMS President Doug Bowles or maybe Roger Penske himself to autograph it. Then it will go in my office.

Just another day and another adventure in the Jeep. And for those who give a shit, I feel great and am looking forward to attending the 105th Indy 500 in-person in May. ;) And hopefully we'll see an F1 team back in that very garage in the not to distant future. Indicators are that it is a real possibility.
Sponsored

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
After my second shot of Moderna, 11:30 at night all of a sudden I felt super tired. Couldn't sleep all night, migraine, chills. Lasted two days, pretty much couldn't get out of bed and missed two days of work. Oh and the kicker, I lost my sense of taste! I researched, and it shouldn't be a side effect. Concerned, I went and got tested on the third day, and came back negative. I waited another 5 days, and came back negative. I searched on the internet and no reports of loss of sense of taste as a side effect lol.

It finally came back last week, so about 2.5 to 3 weeks everything tasted like nothing lol

Baddog2020

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Wow! Several years ago in my previous life, I attended a security briefing at the Speedway and got a chance to walk out on the track. The banked turns were scary on foot but must be a lot of fun to zip around at silly speed !

Got my second Moderna this morning. Other folks in my office complained of chills, fever, aches, pissing like a race horse and even the shits. I plan on popping two Tylenol PMs this evening with a Mikeā€™s Harder Lemonade (wife wonā€™t let that happen) and shutting it down.
Arm is sorer than the first time. But it beats taking a dirt nap.

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
Wow! Several years ago in my previous life, I attended a security briefing at the Speedway and got a chance to walk out on the track. The banked turns were scary on foot but must be a lot of fun to zip around at silly speed !

Got my second Moderna this morning. Other folks in my office complained of chills, fever, aches, pissing like a race horse and even the shits. I plan on popping two Tylenol PMs this evening with a Mikeā€™s Harder Lemonade (wife wonā€™t let that happen) and shutting it down.
After observing a lot of people I know who got Moderna, if you pass 12-14 hours after you got your shot and no significant side effects, then you're good. Everyone, including me, that had the severe side effects it hit right in that timeframe.

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
After my second shot of Moderna, 11:30 at night all of a sudden I felt super tired. Couldn't sleep all night, migraine, chills. Lasted two days, pretty much couldn't get out of bed and missed two days of work. Oh and the kicker, I lost my sense of taste! I researched, and it shouldn't be a side effect. Concerned, I went and got tested on the third day, and came back negative. I waited another 5 days, and came back negative. I searched on the internet and no reports of loss of sense of taste as a side effect lol.

It finally came back last week, so about 2.5 to 3 weeks everything tasted like nothing lol
Sounds to me like you may have had a cold. It's not uncommon for a person to lose their sense of smell and/or taste when they have a cold. To what degree that cold was...bad or mild...that's speculative. Colds tend to run their course over a period of 3 to 5 days depending on severity. But, for yourself and those of you who may not be aware, the common cold is another form of corona virus...just a completely different strain and usually known as a "rhinovirus" but, it is related to the family of SARS viruses. Some strains of cold...as well as COVID...tend to attack the olfactory nerve...or your sense of smell. When it comes to your sense of taste or smell, they work in conjunction with one another so if you lose one of those senses, you're most likely going to lose the other. Fortunately, your sense of taste came back. I have one of my employees who had COVID last year and their sense of taste still has not returned. I've also seen several patients that have also not had that sense return either. :bandit:

Sponsored

runningshoes

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
On a somewhat related note, on some of the speedways (Illinois for example) you can get out on the track with a "retired" race vehicle and either drive or go with a pro driver. If you drive, they limit you to around 170, which sounds really fast, but the pros are lapping you at that speed....

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation

Personally, I wouldn't take anything until at least the next day. But that's me and you can do whatever you feel is best for you. I will tell you that there is data out there that is indicting that those who take medications to curb some of the side effects of the vaccine before they receive it or shortly after receiving it are ending up with little to not much in the way of antibodies. Those side effects that people are experiencing are a good thing because, as I've previously stated, it's your body telling you that it's making antibodies.

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Personally, I wouldn't take anything until at least the next day. But that's me and you can do whatever you feel is best for you. I will tell you that there is data out there that is indicting that those who take medications to curb some of the side effects of the vaccine before they receive it or shortly after receiving it are ending up with little to not much in the way of antibodies. Those side effects that people are experiencing are a good thing because, as I've previously stated, it's your body telling you that it's making antibodies.
Why are horned lizards so dang healthy!?

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
The concept of natural selection has come to mind many times over the last year.
TouchĆ©! Best comment Iā€™ve read in a while. I needed a belly laugh, today, so thanks!

Sponsored

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Because they eat all those ant-i-bodies!

What "work" do you do on humans? šŸ˜‰
Hmmm...that's definitely a "dad joke" for sure. I should've known better. :facepalm:

Since you asked...I do diagnostic and interventional cardiology and diagnostic and interventional cardiac electrophysiology. Things like coronary stents...peripheral-vascular stents...pacemaker & defibrillator implants...cardiac ablations to treat arrhythmias. In layman's terms, it's a little bit of plumbing and a little bit of electrical work here and there. Junk like that. It's neat work and can be pretty exciting at times while other stuff can be hours of boredom followed by seconds of terror...which generally increases your "SPF" -- Sphincter Pucker Factor. This year is my 31st year doing this kind of work and I wouldn't have it any other way. It's been a great career!

Dgr401

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S - Granite Crystal
Occupation
Retired
Hmmm...that's definitely a "dad joke" for sure. I should've known better. :facepalm:

Since you asked...I do diagnostic and interventional cardiology and diagnostic and interventional cardiac electrophysiology. Things like coronary stents...peripheral-vascular stents...pacemaker & defibrillator implants...cardiac ablations to treat arrhythmias. In layman's terms, it's a little bit of plumbing and a little bit of electrical work here and there. Junk like that. It's neat work and can be pretty exciting at times while other stuff can be hours of boredom followed by seconds of terror...which generally increases your "SPF" -- Sphincter Pucker Factor. This year is my 31st year doing this kind of work and I wouldn't have it any other way. It's been a great career!
Thank you for what you do! šŸ‘

Wixo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlurd

Next question is, do you do any side work?

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I was working at a COVID vaccination site last weekend in the section where people are delayed for 15 minutes to make sure that they didn't have a bad reaction. Mayo has nurses and ambulances at that spot - just in case. I had just told an older woman in a Z-car that her 15 minute wait was up and she could leave. She started her car and accidently pushed the panic alarm on the key fob and then couldn't figure out how to turn it off (her daughter's car). I waved my arms over my head to signal that it was a false alarm. Unfortunately my gyrations (think about waving to a rescue plane when you're shipwrecked) were interpreted as "I'm over here. come quickly". The poor woman was overrun with medical people. Oops.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.