Sponsored

Got my Vaccine....And a VERY Cool Experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
You can be exposed to Covid for a week or even more before symptoms set in, so they probably had it before the vaccine. The vaccine is not a live virus. And being cops, they are high risk of exposure anyway.

The vaccines were tested just as they normally would have been, but they got faster regulatory approval. They were tested more than most countries test vaccines prior to the pandemic. But there are no guarantees. There certainly were some innovations in the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. But the phase 3 trials went better than many vaccines we take for granted today.

I went with the Johnson and Johnson because it was developed in a more traditional manner, using the cold virus, like flu vaccines are developed. I believe odds are it will be safer, but that's purely a guess. I also wanted one and done. If I'd known it was going to floor me like it did, I might have gone for one of the 2 dose vaccines.

I will be praying for the officer in the ICU. Very sorry to hear about that.
They did not have it prior to the vaccine. And there were huge flaws in how the vaccines were tested. For one, the virus has a huge # of asymptomatic cases with some estimates showing between 40-70% depending on age range. No one in any of the trials was routinely tested for COVID UNLESS they had symptoms of the virus. SO, if you have a virus that a huge % of cases are asymptomatic and you do not weekly test everyone for the presence of the virus, how can you say it's effective X% of the time? Its simple, you cannot. They have no way of knowing actual effectiveness because 70% of the people in the trial could have quite possibly had asymptomatic cases and therefore the vaccine had zero effect in those individuals....
Sponsored

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
still not getting a vaccine for a virus with a 99.9999999% recovery rate
Do and believe what you want, but 99% Of the people I personally know who became ill did not recover. I have known 5 people who died 0f about 50 or so who had the illness. I've been to funerals.

That said, I don't think I was in a high risk group. But my mother-in-law is in very bad shape and lives with us. So I did it more to protect her than any other reason.

But I respect anyone's decision not to get the vaccine. It is a personal choice.

But this thread is derailing. It is really about the Jeep in an F1 garage. Which I think is pretty cool no matter what reason it was there. I mentioned that really for context, not to make a statement about vaccines.

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They did not have it prior to the vaccine. And there were huge flaws in how the vaccines were tested. For one, the virus has a huge # of asymptomatic cases with some estimates showing between 40-70% depending on age range. No one in any of the trials was routinely tested for COVID UNLESS they had symptoms of the virus. SO, if you have a virus that a huge % of cases are asymptomatic and you do not weekly test everyone for the presence of the virus, how can you say it's effective X% of the time? Its simple, you cannot. They have no way of knowing actual effectiveness because 70% of the people in the trial could have quite possibly had asymptomatic cases and therefore the vaccine had zero effect in those individuals....
Not sure how you are so sure they didn't have it before the vaccine. You should be the head of the CDC if you have a way to know that.

BUT, I didn't start this thread for a big debate. I respect your decision not to get it. Go make your own thread if you want to start that up. The thread really was about having my Jeep in an F1 garage. That's why it is in General Jeep discussion.

So, I'm done commenting on the debate at this point. Again, I respect other points of view.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
The best thing though, is this is still a free country & everyone should & does have the right to choose what they feel is best for them. Take the vaccine or not to take it.

Not trying to be argumentative, I certainly respect your rights. I just hope everyone stays safe & well, & that our country will be back to more normal soon!

:like:
Are we? Is government using the threat of force to close your businesses and lock your children at home without proper education free? Refuse to participate in their mass hysteria and eventually men with guns will show up to exert force on you. We are only as free as we are allowed to be.

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I got the Johnson and Johnson, so 1 dose. But the real fun began long after that pic was taken, which was at 10am. At about 7pm, serious fatigue set in. So I went to bed. Then by 8pm I had a 103 degree fever and murderous headache until 3am. The fever is long gone, but the headache is really weird. It comes and goes every 5 to 10 minutes. Ugggh.
Usually the second shot, you get more symptoms/reactions, but with the one shot deal, I guess it is a little different. Different people have different reactions, that headache seems weird, but I guess stranger things have happened. Good luck getting over it. Now you are protected!

Sponsored

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Sorry but the OP who had to announce "I got my Vaccine" should have expected this discussion 😁

Has Anyone been told how long Any of the shots last? I have not seen it posted anywhere, even folks I know that got shots 'did not think to ask how long it was good for'.

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Great location, terrible reason IMO.

Experimental vaccine that they no next to nothing about that may last 3-4 months. Still want those victims who partake to wear face diapers and social distance.

Makes zero sense to oblige them in their human experiment. But that is just me, to each their own.

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
Awesome story OP. TMS does it outside in the parking lot, pretty lame.

On a side note, I love all the internet medical experts on here. I am coming here instead of webMD to check on my side effects, anal leakage, death, zits, ocular hair growth......

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Awesome story OP. TMS does it outside in the parking lot, pretty lame.

On a side note, I love all the internet medical experts on here. I am coming here instead of webMD to check on my side effects, anal leakage, death, zits, ocular hair growth......
Yeah, because "medical experts" are never wrong......

Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Do and believe what you want, but 99% Of the people I personally know who became ill did not recover. I have known 5 people who died 0f about 50 or so who had the illness. I've been to funerals.

That said, I don't think I was in a high risk group. But my mother-in-law is in very bad shape and lives with us. So I did it more to protect her than any other reason.

But I respect anyone's decision not to get the vaccine. It is a personal choice.

But this thread is derailing. It is really about the Jeep in an F1 garage. Which I think is pretty cool no matter what reason it was there. I mentioned that really for context, not to make a statement about vaccines.
Are you sure they died from COVID and not the flu or a car accident?

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Are you sure they died from COVID and not the flu or a car accident?
Normally, that might be funny to me, and I understand that kind of thing has probably occurred. But being that the ones I know personally were very dear just makes it impossible for me to laugh about it in this context. Especially considering they died alone, which made both them and their loved ones suffer even more. Sorry.

I doubt I'm the only one around here who has experienced loss to Covid and understands that it is real. And statistics don't matter much when there is a familiar face and soul involved.

I come to this forum and have a Jeep to get away from the normal stress life brings. So I'm going to ask respectfully that we move back to the Jeeps. I'm wishing now that I had not brought it up and that I had just showed the pic in the F1 garage, without the context.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Normally, that might be funny to me, and I understand that kind of thing has probably occurred. But being that the ones I know personally were very dear just makes it impossible for me to laugh about it in this context. Especially considering they died alone, which made both them and their loved ones suffer even more. Sorry.

I doubt I'm the only one around here who has experienced loss to Covid and understands that it is real. And statistics don't matter much when there is a familiar face and soul involved.

I come to this forum and have a Jeep to get away from the normal stress life brings. So I'm going to ask respectfully that we move back to the Jeeps. I'm wishing now that I had not brought it up and that I had just showed the pic in the F1 garage, without the context.
That’s the thing, nobody really knows since they died Alone.
SHOW ME THE STACKS OF BODIES every news station was talking about during the height of this. They could have died from being forced on ventilators while in induced coma which happened a lot but nobody knows if they even had COVID or the flu or neither since flu deaths are non existent this past year

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry but the OP who had to announce "I got my Vaccine" should have expected this discussion 😁

Has Anyone been told how long Any of the shots last? I have not seen it posted anywhere, even folks I know that got shots 'did not think to ask how long it was good for'.
Ehh, not really. People generally keep it civil around here. I wish I hadn't mentioned it, honestly. The main point is that I thought it was cool to have my Jeep in an F1 garage, and that a soldier was nice enough to get a pic of it.

I do tend to expect the best in folks, and most of the time, that's what I see. People generally behave in a more civil and respectful manner here than on other forums in which I participate. They also tend to be more forgiving, which thankfully, I've experienced.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.