Sponsored

Got my Vaccine....And a VERY Cool Experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Good for you guys. Now Bill Gates has the power to track yall.

On a serious note. I am really glad this is coming to an end. I cant wait to get mine. My parents and mother in law got theirs. I just had my first baby girl last month and cant wait for my parents to be able to flight over grom Boston and meet their granddaugther. Thanks for getting the vaccine, this is a collective effort.
Lol, you think they need a vaccine to do that?
Sponsored

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Now that's a great experience. Got my 2nd dose back in January. But, it was at work, so not near as much fun as DanW had!

Anyone having side effects, that's usually a good sign, that your body is having a strong immune response. Taking Tylenol/Acetaminophen works best, especially with Moderna. The NSAIDS (ASA, Ibuprofen) are not very effective against the immune response from the vaccines, like Tylenol is.

Everyone be safe & take care of yourselves.

Daniel :like:
I went with 2 asprin and an Ext. Strength Tylenol every 6 hours. I had read that ibuprophen didn't do much.

When I catch colds or flu or whatever, I usually get a strong response that sucks for a day or two but then it leaves quickly.

Of course my Dad used to say that if you got a cold, it would last 7 days, but if you took care of yourself, it would be gone in a week. LOL!

Fitzz47

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 unlimited Sahara jl
Today I learned that despite my username, you guys are all older than I am! šŸ˜‚

Scheduling opens for me on 3/22 and I canā€™t wait. My wife is a teacher and so she was able to get her first Moderna shot this past weekend.

Canā€™t wait to see family this summer!
just a young 74!

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
I went with 2 asprin and an Ext. Strength Tylenol every 6 hours. I had read that ibuprophen didn't do much.

When I catch colds or flu or whatever, I usually get a strong response that sucks for a day or two but then it leaves quickly.

Of course my Dad used to say that if you got a cold, it would last 7 days, but if you took care of yourself, it would be gone in a week. LOL!
Just don't do what I did. After my second Novavax trial dose, I felt extremely tired with body aches, arm pain and the feeling of being extremely cold (was sleeping underneath two blankets). What did I do? Went to the liquor cabinet and took three shots of Glenlivet. Felt good for about an hour until the body aches returned....this time with a hangover!

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I got my 2nd Moderna dose on Sunday. Let's just say that night was rough... fever and chills and aches like crazy. Yesterday I felt better but still achy. Today I'm almost back to 100% but still a little down.

Sponsored

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ā€˜20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
I received my first shot of Pfizer, last Tuesday. Scheduled for another in 2 weeks.

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
Got my 2nd Moderna 10 days ago. Just some mild chills and fatigue the following day. Wife got her 2nd yesterday and is conked out right now.

Hoping everyone out there can get theirs soon.

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Dang that Indy Speedway story is so friggin cool! Thanks for sharing!
Congrats to you all and bless you teachers and fellow frontline healthcare and ESSENTIAL workers.
I got my series back in december (Pfz). Mild fever 101 day after shot #1 but asymptomatic after shot #2.

ChromeToaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JL Rubicon, 03 Honda XR650L
Because this thread is pro vaccine it is not political. If somebody was to speak up as anti-vaccine. would be flagged political and banned.
there was zero political bias in this entire thread. Dudes just sharing his experience and its jeep related.

Jeep Wrangler JL Got my Vaccine....And a VERY Cool Experience! tenor

Sponsored

Keith C

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
High School Athletic Director/ Track Timer
Cheers to a fellow educator! :beer:
Fellow educator here as well. I got my 2nd Pfizer shot 2 weeks ago, in a HS gym. Not nearly as cool as the Brickyard!!
No side effects at all, except for a little bit of a sore arm at injection site for a couple of days.

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
My brothers PD got their first shots on Jan 4. Last week they had two officers who had both shots come down sick with COVID. One of them is in ICU as of two days ago. I don't know that I'd invest too much confidence in a vaccine that was poorly tested and rushed into service...

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
Got mine in an abandoned Samā€™s club in a bad part of town. I didnā€™t drive the Jeep......
Are.... are you sure that was a vaccine they injected you with...?

How many flying unicorn elves did you see afterwards? If the number is greater than zero, it's possible you received heroin instead.

Sontavaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lj - sold-cause im an idiot. 2019 blue rubi ordered and received. I need my LJ back.
Occupation
Repressor of civil rights
Are.... are you sure that was a vaccine they injected you with...?

How many flying unicorn elves did you see afterwards? If the number is greater than zero, it's possible you received heroin instead.
its legit, thatā€™s the same abandon sams club that was in the news when the recounted the Georgia election votes there. wait a minute, I AM starting to suspect some kind of funny business......
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.