Sponsored

Got my Vaccine....And a VERY Cool Experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
If we're going to push masks and vaccines for OTHER PEOPLE'S health, why aren't we slapping the ham sandwiches out of the hands of fat people?? They are statistically the most likely to die btw.
The glutton's tendency toward gluttony affects his health, not mine.

Those who Super Size their meal orders keep the statistics to themselves. Not so with a virus that has adversely affected the entire planet.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
While vaccines have become political, I don't think the lines are totally clear on who is or isn't taking them. I've read that as much as 50% of adults are likely not to do it. 50% of Republicans don't make up 50% of adults. I think a wildly diverse group of people make up those with concerns and also those who promote the vaccinations. I never in my original post pontificated either way. In fact, the only mention in the original post was in the subject line and it was to just provide context as to why I was able to have my Jeep in a Formula 1 garage at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

So here's where I'm at with it all. I'm believe in vaccines and their benefits, but I'm not a fan of Uncle Sam telling everyone what to do. There are a very diverse group of folks with VERY valid reasons not to trust the government. I'm sure I can name many valid reasons for different groups, but the first one that comes to mind to me is Tuskeegee.

I also think the media, which includes all political bends, just can't help but sensationalize things. One of our local news outlets blared about a woman who died right after her second shot. She was over 80 years old. She might have died after a sandwich, too, but that wouldn't be sensational, now, would it.

It is hard to get accurate information. Period. So we do the best we can and make the judgement based on our own perceptions, knowledge, and perspective. And I respect whatever decision a free individual decides to make on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.