Got my tread lightly t-shirt but family threw away every thing else

Melny67

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jlu
Ok been waiting for weeks and now I found out one of my family members opened my mail and threw away everything but my shirt. So I have no letter and they don't remember being any letter. I did check my email and the code was emailed to me. Do I need the original letter to get the discount? Or would my email be good enough and also if not so can I call or email them and get a code back mailed to me again.
Sponsored

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Ok been waiting for weeks and now I found out one of my family members opened my mail and threw away everything but my shirt. So I have no letter and they don't remember being any letter. I did check my email and the code was emailed to me. Do I need the original letter to get the discount? Or would my email be good enough and also if not so can I call or email them and get a code back mailed to me again.
I know this isn't an answer, but what are you referring to?? Shirt? Code?

OP
OP
Melny67

Melny67

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jlu
I know this isn't an answer, but what are you referring to?? Shirt? Code?
Tready lightly a charity and if you donate $100 or more you get a code in the mail for 1% off a FCA product.

Apoznan

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
I forwarded my welcome email and the code to my dealer, and that was good enough. Ask your dealer?

EZMFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Just wear the shirt and you will be good ;)

Don't be fooled by the tread lightly deal. Just talk exact numbers when dealing with these POS' and you will be fine. Things like the tl discount are just there to make you feel like you are getting a better deal than anyone else. You should be shooting for 6+% off of invoice pricing or 12+% off MSRP. Use those numbers and stick to your guns...

Sponsored

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
All you need is the code. You’re fine.

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Focus on MSRP negotiations.

59,800 msrp. Paid 52,300...just under 12%off

Forget that 1% I wouldn't even mention it. They will take you to the cleaners if you go in there waiving a 1% off coupon lol

OP
OP
Melny67

Melny67

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jlu
Just wear the shirt and you will be good ;)

Don't be fooled by the tread lightly deal. Just talk exact numbers when dealing with these POS' and you will be fine. Things like the tl discount are just there to make you feel like you are getting a better deal than anyone else. You should be shooting for 6+% off of invoice pricing or 12+% off MSRP. Use those numbers and stick to your guns...
I live in the nyc area nyc dealership laugh when you bring up discounts of any kind. Unless it's one from this forum. They have suckers coming in every minute. Why deal with me

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
My dealer wanted my letter
I can guarantee you the dealer did not take off 1% based off that letter.

They may have knocked off another few bucks to close the deal and make you feel good but not because the letter.

Need to ask yourself who is picking up the 1% savings "coupon"? ...the charity?! No

Sponsored

OP
OP
Melny67

Melny67

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jlu
Focus on MSRP negotiations.

59,800 msrp. Paid 52,300...just under 12%off

Forget that 1% I wouldn't even mention it. They will take you to the cleaners if you go in there waiving a 1% off coupon lol
I already had a offer for 5% off of invoice just needed the %1 off. Also I live in the nyc area

OP
OP
Melny67

Melny67

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jlu

They may have knocked off another few bucks to close the deal and make you feel good but not because the letter.

Need to ask yourself who is picking up the 1% savings "coupon"? ...the charity?! No
FCA picks up the extra cost.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7

I got 7.5% below invoice. I was offered about 6.5below without it.

OP
OP
Melny67

Melny67

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jlu
Like I said...taken to the cleaners.

Congrats on the Jeep!!
The price you pay for the high demand over here. The most I can see off of one is 5% or %8 with travel that's it I asked just about everyone here and did foot work.
Sponsored