Sponsored

Got my New ICON Rebound Pro DOT compliant beadlocks mounted to a set of 35” KM3s.

Atom631

First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Really like the look. Whether or not they work and hold air is TBD. Im hoping to wheel Rausch Creek at the end of the month to put them to the test.

only issue was finding a shop to mount and balance these. As soon as they heard “Beadlock” they were all like NOPE!! But thats to be expected living in the land of NO. I finally found a place by taking them down and showing them on the box where it said DOT compliant and the instruction card (which was really well done). It cost me about $325 bux for all 5.

the wheels weigh around 30.5lbs the total package was about 105.6lbs (stock weighed 78.4 on the same scale).

@Sting Ray Rubi

Jeep Wrangler JL Got my New ICON Rebound Pro DOT compliant beadlocks mounted to a set of 35” KM3s. 8481AB05-15E5-44F1-83C2-4EA6F7ED3FCF

Jeep Wrangler JL Got my New ICON Rebound Pro DOT compliant beadlocks mounted to a set of 35” KM3s. 13576B63-546B-49D8-BBFB-8783BE5E86EB

Jeep Wrangler JL Got my New ICON Rebound Pro DOT compliant beadlocks mounted to a set of 35” KM3s. 40608BAA-3966-455B-91A9-7F331BB247B8
Jeep Wrangler JL Got my New ICON Rebound Pro DOT compliant beadlocks mounted to a set of 35” KM3s. 2EB33F39-617C-41FE-BE4E-E95629870BAA
Sponsored

mikem20

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I’m really close to ordering these. I wanted the km3’s in 37’s but they’re back ordered. I might go with the ko2’s instead.

How’s the ride and drive? Any vibrations?

OP
OP
Atom631

Atom631

First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I’m really close to ordering these. I wanted the km3’s in 37’s but they’re back ordered. I might go with the ko2’s instead.

so far so good. Although only around town so far. I also need to do the chalk test as they are on 36psi currently. Ill update once I have a chance to dial them in and get em out on the highway.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Saw a video on these the other day, seemed like a great idea and those look sharp on white!

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Those look really nice, thanks for posting the pics.

I've been debating between Hutchinson Rock Monsters, Traction Off Roads, and the Icon Rebounds. Your post isn't making my decision any easier!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Atom631

Atom631

First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR

I've been debating between Hutchinson Rock Monsters, Traction Off Roads, and the Icon Rebounds. Your post isn't making my decision any easier!!
i was looking at the hutchinsons as well - but the weight and price: $500+/wheel and near 50lbs was turning me off. Then I saw these and they were $320 and 30lbs, so I pulled the trigger.

OP
OP
Atom631

Atom631

First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR

I got jscan and calibrated the spedo. Suprisingly the tires measured about 34” on the nose. But i shouldve do the chalk test first since, it decreases the size a little. I might have to revisit and adjust. As for the chalk test, 30psi is the sweet spot, although this did make them a bit noisier.

finally got it out on the highway and the first thing I noticed is that its much more stable. Theres a lot less wander and play in the wheel. Makes sense I guess considering the contact patch is larger. Feels a lot better at 70+ than it did stock. Im hitting 8th (v6 auto) but it doesnt like to stay there. A slight uphill and it drops out. Perhaps when I recslibrate the spedo to a size closer to where it is now, that might change.

mikem20

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Thanks for the update. I just ordered the pro’s in bronze with the KO2’s.

mikem20

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I went with 37’s.

Sponsored

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller

FYSA, you can save all the mounting labor with the Hutchinson's. They're quite easy to do at home. Mine are doing great with balancing beads, so you're literally just paying parts and putting in some time/sweat. They are double beadlock too, and can handle different bead widths. There are 2 inserts available vs Icon's pre-set bead width, unless I'm missing something about Icon's design.
Only thing to worry about is if you're transferring tires, you'll have to figure out how to de-mount them from traditional rims. I did them 1 at a time along with a tire rotation, but tore up my stock rubi rims pretty bad because I suck at it. A second vehicle might save you the trouble, or just new tires from the store makes it a non-issue.

Icon's are all-in cheaper if ~$60/tire for mount and balance is used for comparison, so they are still a great choice. Just trying to give you more information to help you're decision!

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
FYSA, you can save all the mounting labor with the Hutchinson's. They're quite easy to do at home. Mine are doing great with balancing beads, so you're literally just paying parts and putting in some time/sweat. They are double beadlock too, and can handle different bead widths. There are 2 inserts available vs Icon's pre-set bead width, unless I'm missing something about Icon's design.
Only thing to worry about is if you're transferring tires, you'll have to figure out how to de-mount them from traditional rims. I did them 1 at a time along with a tire rotation, but tore up my stock rubi rims pretty bad because I suck at it. A second vehicle might save you the trouble, or just new tires from the store makes it a non-issue.

Icon's are all-in cheaper if ~$60/tire for mount and balance is used for comparison, so they are still a great choice. Just trying to give you more information to help you're decision!
Thanks. The double beadlock capability is the main reason I'm drawn to the Hutchinson and Traction Off Road wheels.

My son works at Discount Tire, so getting tires off the old wheels is cheap and easy for me. Plus DT will balance the beadlocks as long as the tires are already mounted.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Thanks. The double beadlock capability is the main reason I'm drawn to the Hutchinson and Traction Off Road wheels.

My son works at Discount Tire, so getting tires off the old wheels is cheap and easy for me. Plus DT will balance the beadlocks as long as the tires are already mounted.
One thing I forgot, my steering pump will cry if I try to regularly wheel below 10 PSI. With that in mind, a single beadlock is probably a smarter choice. At that point the extra money spent on the double beadlock is just helping to know no debris is getting in from the inside bead. I stick to 14 PSI most of the time, and plan to just air down if I'm on on obstacle and need more grip then immediately pump it back up after I'm clear.
Sponsored