Got my LōD sliders today

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
When I saw LōD was going to be offering their Signature Series sliders for the JL I was a little excited. I ran their JK Signature Series sliders on to previous JK’s and really liked the blend of function of a step for the vertically challenged people in my household along with a stylish form factor. One thing I immediately noticed upon cracking open the box was the change in how they install. Mind you I haven’t looked at the destructions yet, however it’s looking like they did away with having to drill tap the frame to install these which is a plus. Also compare to the last two sets I owned, I like that the lower panels are removable to allow for better access when powder coating the sliders. I wish I could show you installed pictures, however I’ll just have to tease you with a box shot of the sliders as I’m still waiting for Jeep to get their heads out of their asses and build my Jeep. :(

5963CA6F-FD8D-4072-BB1F-6FBB86481239.jpeg
Sponsored

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Same story here. Placed mine on order this weekend after buying my new JLUR. I can wheel without a winch, but I have to have my sliders. They were awesome on my JKR so it was a no brainer to get them again for this one. Now if they would just come out with a rear bumper / tire carrier, my life would be almost complete.

Lar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Nice, looking forward to your install so i can pick a Mfg and order mine. How about a shot with them turned over to see the step area? About how wide is the platform. Wife needs some leverage if she's going to stick the landing (hopefully inside the jeep)..:whew:

Firecracker Rubi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
LOD stuff is always top notch. If I needed sliders I'd be all over these again. I'm 99% sure the lower section was removeable on my JK, is my memory fading? They were all black with button head bolts holding the panels on, with an aluminum LOD logo? Or am I nuts.

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I think the early versions the panels were welded on, mine were. The removable panels came later in production.

How about a shot with them turned over to see the step area? About how wide is the platform. Wife needs some leverage if she's going to stick the landing (hopefully inside the jeep)..:whew:
The step is up in that picture.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kkuntz01

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice, looking forward to your install so i can pick a Mfg and order mine. How about a shot with them turned over to see the step area? About how wide is the platform. Wife needs some leverage if she's going to stick the landing (hopefully inside the jeep)..:whew:
The picture is of the step side. I’ve run the same style slider on two different JK’s since ‘09 and my wife and kids haven’t had any issues getting in or out. Heck if my 5yo daughter or 5’4” wife can get in out of a JK with 3” of lift and 37’s with no issues your wife should have no problems. Well that is unless she’s the type who needs to be wrapped in bubble wrap before stepping outdoors, I’ve got a cousin like that so I know that is.

OP
OP
kkuntz01

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the early versions the panels were welded on, mine were. The removable panels came later in production.
Yup

Both sets I had were that way, glad the improved on the design. Just wish they wouldn’t cheap out on the powder coating and actually zinc prime the metal before powder coat.

sigsegv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Yup

Both sets I had were that way, glad the improved on the design. Just wish they wouldn’t cheap out on the powder coating and actually zinc prime the metal before powder coat.
I'm pretty interested in these sliders. Does this mean that if I want them to not rust I'd be better off getting them bare and paying even more money for a local shop to do a better job?

OP
OP
kkuntz01

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s up to you, however that’s what I’m doing even though mine came powder coated (the only way NR4x4 offered them). It’s not an end all solution, however in my experience here in Chicago having them properly powder coated with a zinc primer base means the difference between them rusting in 6 months to a year or getting 4-5 years out of before the start looking like crap.

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
Yup

For the scratch they're asking for these you'd think that the powder coating would be top notch as well. It's not like they don't know what snow is. That's just wrong man. I would contact them and let them know you're not 100% satisfied, especially for that price. No one should have to add any work to a product you just bought. If that's what their quality product is really like, count me out. I sure was looking at them hard.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kkuntz01

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For the scratch they're asking for these you'd think that the powder coating would be top notch as well. It's not like they don't know what snow is. That's just wrong man. I would contact them and let them know you're not 100% satisfied, especially for that price. No one should have to add any work to a product you just bought. If that's what their quality product is really like, count me out. I sure was looking at them hard.
The question I have to ask is why bother? You seem shocked that a company would do this, the reality is almost all the companies that ship product powder coated do this. The only company that I've personally seen use a zinc primer base under their powder coating is Gobi on their expedition racks. Hell even my premium priced EVO Mfg. skid plates that came power coated were looking like crap with the powder coat starting flake within 6 mos of install.

If I could have ordered these from Northridge bare metal I would have, however powder coated was the only option available and I knew what I was getting into before making the purchase. At the end of the day I'm not losing too much sleep over it.

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The question I have to ask is why bother? You seem shocked that a company would do this, the reality is almost all the companies that ship product powder coated do this. The only company that I've personally seen use a zinc primer base under their powder coating is Gobi on their expedition racks. Hell even my premium priced EVO Mfg. skid plates that came power coated were looking like crap with the powder coat starting flake within 6 mos of install.

If I could have ordered these from Northridge bare metal I would have, however powder coated was the only option available and I knew what I was getting into before making the purchase. At the end of the day I'm not losing too much sleep over it.
Most companies don't charge an arm and a leg. But if it makes you sleep good at night to finish someone else's work, so be it. I won't bother. Thanks for the heads up.

OP
OP
kkuntz01

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Most companies don't charge an arm and a leg. But if it makes you sleep good at night to finish someone else's work, so be it. I won't bother. Thanks for the heads up.
The pricing for the LōD sliders is on par with other quality brands offering similar products so I’m not sure what smoking or why you feel the need to talk shit.

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The pricing for the LōD sliders is on par with other quality brands offering similar products so I’m not sure what smoking or why you feel the need to talk shit.
Lol

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I pulled my rubicon sliders off today in preparation for these lod sliders that are arriving on Tuesday.
Sponsored