Sponsored

Got my JL ceramic coated today

Hawkspring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2017 F450, 1986 Toyota Pickup
I did mine myself yesterday with Cquartz UK 3.0. Two coats topped with reload. It’s really easy to apply on a new car, it’s just time consuming. Started with a strip car wash using CG citrus wash, followed by ironx. Then wiped with Spotless to remove water spots the poor detailing job it was delivered with. I then inspected the paint with a fancy detailers light to see swirls scratches and imperfections and decided it wasn’t necessary to do the whole car. All in all, 6.5 hrs yesterday and love the results.

9C25FDC3-3845-4FCE-B1B8-8334EB4E1318.jpeg

BF3AE1A6-C3D1-4E7A-96AA-3315737465A1.jpeg

4B8EBD9E-9EE0-47B4-A698-548E9ACDDC45.jpeg
This is exactly what I will do after delivery on Saturday. I have done four vehicles for myself and family with that product and process. Excellent results. My truck is a dark red and sits out it looks great longer between washes ans washing is easier as things don’t bind to it. For reference the product is about $65 on autogeek. Easier on a new car. I have done two that needed correction, and that is another skillset and toolkit.
Sponsored

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
This is exactly what I will do after delivery on Saturday. I have done four vehicles for myself and family with that product and process. Excellent results. My truck is a dark red and sits out it looks great longer between washes ans washing is easier as things don’t bind to it. For reference the product is about $65 on autogeek. Easier on a new car. I have done two that needed correction, and that is another skillset and toolkit.
I have decided in this time in my life, paint correction is over hahahaha. I used to enjoy the process but having done it so many times and with a newborn, the time and effort isn't worth it for me anymore. On new cars, generally speaking, unless theyre trashed, which I wouldnt accept delivery anyway, Ill leave em be. But I also ask the dealer not to wash the car for this purpose.

NoGANewJeeper

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Grey Rubi
Occupation
CRNA
I did mine myself yesterday with Cquartz UK 3.0. Two coats topped with reload. It’s really easy to apply on a new car, it’s just time consuming. Started with a strip car wash using CG citrus wash, followed by ironx. Then wiped with Spotless to remove water spots the poor detailing job it was delivered with. I then inspected the paint with a fancy detailers light to see swirls scratches and imperfections and decided it wasn’t necessary to do the whole car. All in all, 6.5 hrs yesterday and love the results.

hi. Would the 30mL kit be enough, or should i get a larger size?

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
Love the ceramic pro gold package on mine for the below reason...so easy to clean up and maintain.

ceramic hood.jpg

Sponsored

OrangeRubi

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk’n Orange Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I just did the Ceramic Pro Gold package myself and totally love it!
The gold package is warrantied to last 5 years!
I do it to all my cars!
It really brings out the true color and makes it so easy to maintain, and never have to wax!
Just wash and it looks like new each time!
It’s amazing!

FA6FA072-20A9-4CE8-8A16-D29C84255C06.png

2537C357-C9FE-4EC0-9263-05785C35A581.jpeg

NoGANewJeeper

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Grey Rubi
Occupation
CRNA
I do it to all my cars!
It really brings out the true color and makes it so easy to maintain, and never have to wax!
It’s amazing!

Damn! That looks nice. Would you mind posting a link to where you purchased the products please? Thank you.

OrangeRubi

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sure, but I didn’t purchase the products.
I hired Concept Auto Spa in Pompano to clay, polish, and coat my Jeep.
If you go to Ceramicpro.com I am sure you can find an authorized installer in your area.
Depending on the package you choose, the warranty is either 2 or 5 years, but the dealer will guide you.
It’s amazing how deep and rich it makes the colors look.
I had it done on my 2016 firecracker red Sahara and it looked wet for the entire 2 years I had it!
Totally amazing products!

thadius65

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, , 2019 Honda Pilot Elite, 2014 BMW 535i Xdrive
My guy uses Gtechniq Crystal Serum and Evo V4. He did my BMW 535i 1.5 years ago and still beads/sheds like crazy. Looks amazing. I am going to have my 2020 Rubi done when she gets here from the factory. My question is around the black fenders and top. Are there products that work on them, or just treat with off the shelf over time? Thoughts?

Goblue

First Name
Darran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU/OB
Occupation
FF/PM
Sure, but I didn’t purchase the products.
I hired Concept Auto Spa in Pompano to clay, polish, and coat my Jeep.
If you go to Ceramicpro.com I am sure you can find an authorized installer in your area.
Depending on the package you choose, the warranty is either 2 or 5 years, but the dealer will guide you.
It’s amazing how deep and rich it makes the colors look.
I had it done on my 2016 firecracker red Sahara and it looked wet for the entire 2 years I had it!
Totally amazing products!
how much did they charge you if you don't mind me asking...I live in Creek...looking into ceramic

Sponsored

OrangeRubi

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They have products for all the materials and even the interior.
My package was $1300 but I got the Gold package with 5 layers, plus the interior, all the plastic on the outside, the rims, and the glass.
They also clay and machine polish the entire car before the application.

MrSahara19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara Unlimited, 2017 Toyota Highlander
Paint on 19s are pretty bad , orange peel everywhere and even have a spot under passenger door bracket with set in paint drip marks , anyway to correct the orange peel from factory ??

NoGANewJeeper

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Grey Rubi
Occupation
CRNA

Another question. When you said that you looked at the paint and decided you didn’t have to do the whole car...were you talking about fixing the swirls you did see? Is there a product we should use to make sure the clear coat we do have is flawless and has no swirls or scratches? Door for the noob question, but you seem like you’ve got the experience and your Jeep results show. I’ve got a sting grey rubi coming my way in September. Trim status right now.

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
I do it to all my cars!
It’s amazing!

I do all of my cars too. I love doing the weekend wash on my cars, but I love spending time with friends and family more.

Kizzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler
Guess I've never heard of someone spending hundreds, thousands of dollars in a vain effort to protect paint on an offroad vehicle. Maybe you don't plan on taking it off the pavement.
Sorry, but when this off road vehicle costs over 60k dollars. I’m going to make damn sure it’s protected. These new Wranglers are expensive and have now entered luxury pricing territory.

When I get my new Rubicon later this year it will have both ceramic coating and PPF installed :)
Sponsored