Sponsored

Got my CSNV41 in the mail today.... And UGH... The repair (unfortunately) went as planned.

OP
OP
Token

Token

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Team Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM
777 Bancroft Dr, Mississauga, ON L5V 2Y6
Sponsored

OP
OP
Token

Token

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Dude ... You had one job.

It's two bolts.

And if you can't figure it out there are tips on tech connect.

There's even a video!

Capture.PNG

OP
OP
Token

Token

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Or check the master tech booklet
CMT19070

It's all right there!

1566407530288_Capture.PNG

OP
OP
Token

Token

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I can see by the tool marks they didn't replace the bolts as per the repair manual.

FCA considers those fasteners as one time use only.

And I'd be willing to bet the torque wrench never made it out of the tool box.

So it's tightened to whatever the Tech's air impact would go to.

Sponsored

SABLE RHINO

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S 3.6L
I can see by the tool marks they didn't replace the bolts as per the repair manual.

FCA considers those fasteners as one time use only.

And I'd be willing to bet the torque wrench never made it out of the tool box.

So it's tightened to whatever the Tech's air impact would go to.
Unacceptable. I am more than a little concerned about letting them work on it. At this point I'm thinking of passing on my "free oil changes"...

TheEddie

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Just received notification about V41 recall on my 2019 Wrangler Sport S. Was told by local service dept just now they have to special order the parts and only allowed to order 1 per week so looking at 8 weeks out????
I got the same thing from my local dealer in IL. Why did FCA send this notice out when parts are so far out? Cart before the horse. What a joke. Not to mention this wont fix the dead spot so many owners have.

jl73660

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moving on up .....
My dealer has the parts in stock here in VA and can schedule me immediately.

Roadglide

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
There is hope then, they're actually trying to fix it instead of just shuttle you out.

The aftermarket Falcon stabilizer helped me a lot with keeping the wheels straight (when set to the firm setting) but still just madness on the highways. Need 100% focus, two hands and every inch of that lane.
How did you get your Stealership to replace the trackball? No recall or TSB is there?

Attaboy55

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep wrangler jl 2 door firecracker red
Ok now don’t shoot me but where do I look underneath to check and see if mine cane with that # stabilizer?
Most of the dealers are putting them on wrong, as an update to V41 ( version 2 ), it emphatically says in red to put the bulge on the intake end facing the bottom, and by doing this you also satisfy the directional problem of the little Mopar sticker which then makes it pointing to the front of vehicle which is correct. Many have suggested the shock must be turned the other way , dust cover end attached to tie rod end , but that is NOT nessessary. Now damn if i can figure out why the bulge on the cylinder end must be facing the bottom , but FCA thought it important enought to issue a version 2 of V41, and get rather " bitchy" as to it's new installation change ( I.E. bulge downward). I have fizzle farted around for two hours trying to figure this out, but shy of calling manufacturer, I'll just redo mine and re-install as per specs......BTW , I have a PDF copy of updated V41, if anybody wants it, and no this is ONLY a band aid , at best as aiding to DW, there is a whole set of dynamics perpetrating that cluster...I would suggest if your Jeep has all the proper, tightend , operative, not worn out equipment, including proper set up and equipment for lifted jeeps, along with tires being balanced and aligned properly your DW will go away....but this ain't gonna do it folks. The SS 's they are putting on are Mopar part # 580AE, which APPEAR to be a little stiffer, to lull you into that no DW trance.....
Sponsored

Last edited: