Sponsored

Got my CSNV41 in the mail today.... And UGH... The repair (unfortunately) went as planned.

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
I'm lined up to the same guys.

I went there before explaining (almost verbatim) the V41 symptoms. Got no the typical "jeep thing" crap from them. We'll see if this is different. I ended up buying a Terraflex dampener. FCA still wants me to get the recall done before they reimburse me. Fun that will be to see their fix is just to take my dampener off and put their new one on.

I'm also going to hit them up on the 02-003-19 service bulletin since it describes my symptoms perfectly.

We'll see how it goes. I've just about given up trying to get this thing to drive like a real car or truck or even like my previous JK. Can barely drive this thing on the highways around here.
Okay, they replaced the steering stabilizer.

They have ordered the track bar and will replace tomorrow also, they found play in one end of the drag link and are replacing that aswell.
I haven’t heard much of bad drag links, only 10k km and already worn out?
Sucks we have to spend $1000+ for aftermarket parts to make the jeep drive half decent.

They didn’t give me much trouble with the 35s and 2.5” aev lift.
Sponsored

dare333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU 2D
Okay, they replaced the steering stabilizer.

They have ordered the track bar and will replace tomorrow also, they found play in one end of the drag link and are replacing that aswell.
I haven’t heard much of bad drag links, only 10k km and already worn out?
Sucks we have to spend $1000+ for aftermarket parts to make the jeep drive half decent.

They didn’t give me much trouble with the 35s and 2.5” aev lift.
There is hope then, they're actually trying to fix it instead of just shuttle you out.

The aftermarket Falcon stabilizer helped me a lot with keeping the wheels straight (when set to the firm setting) but still just madness on the highways. Need 100% focus, two hands and every inch of that lane.

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
There is hope then, they're actually trying to fix it instead of just shuttle you out.

The aftermarket Falcon stabilizer helped me a lot with keeping the wheels straight (when set to the firm setting) but still just madness on the highways. Need 100% focus, two hands and every inch of that lane.
Weird, mine doesn’t seem that bad, but ive had other jeeps and this seems normal to me now unfortunately

What lift/tires are you running?
2dr 4dr ?

dare333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU 2D
Weird, mine doesn’t seem that bad, but ive had other jeeps and this seems normal to me now unfortunately

What lift/tires are you running?
2dr 4dr ?
No lift. Stock 2dr Rubicon.

Feels nothing at all like the steering on my previous JK. Steered like a boat. Could rip it down the highway, never ever thought about fixing or improving it.

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
No lift. Stock 2dr Rubicon.

Feels nothing at all like the steering on my previous JK. Steered like a boat. Could rip it down the highway, never ever thought about fixing or improving it.
I have some mopar lower control arms i could sell ya to get more caster, may help a little. Seen some people talking about it

Sponsored

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
Got the jeep back

Want the bad news or the really bad news?

Replaced drag link end, new track bar and steering stabilizer plus alignment

Before i had a bad dead spot in the wheel but it drove okay

Now everything is fixed, still a dead spot but its like the new stabilizer fights me more when driving. I don’t know yet. It’s different but I don’t know if its good

Now my 4lo was making a odd clunky noise offroad. They found that i have chain slap in the transfercase and metal shavings in the oil. So it goes back next week for a new transfercase

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited
Just purchased a 2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon and then got the notice of the recall/campaign. Called dealer (a little upset that a new car was sold with the recall still applied) and they sent a service guy to the house to do the repair. 20m later, done. New fasteners, damper and bits. Was not used to this kind of service at the house. Dealer said they are one of the few doing it, and the Service Guy loves it.

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
I take back what i said.

Bustard is questionable @dare333

Steering was weird, but it helps if they tighten the trackbar

45D72C37-6654-49B9-A1EC-2D73D52BFE07.jpeg

Ronnie S

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Firecracker Red (2 Door) - 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg w/ESS - 6-Speed Manual Transmission
I take back what i said.

Bustard is questionable @dare333

Steering was weird, but it helps if they tighten the trackbar

45D72C37-6654-49B9-A1EC-2D73D52BFE07.jpeg
Un F’n Real?! You gotta be kidding me? That is poor workmanship for sure.

Brad41

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLUR firecracker red
Just received v41 in the mail today- 2018 jlur built in April ‘18. Seems to drive fine to me, no complaints. I’m concerned if I take it in, they might goof something up and cause it to drive bad.

Sponsored

Ronnie S

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Firecracker Red (2 Door) - 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg w/ESS - 6-Speed Manual Transmission
Just received v41 in the mail today- 2018 jlur built in April ‘18. Seems to drive fine to me, no complaints. I’m concerned if I take it in, they might goof something up and cause it to drive bad.
I feel ya my friend! I just recurved mine in the mail today too. But I have not experienced the shake shimmy death wobble so I’m not sure if I want the dealership messing up my Rubi. Mine is a feb 19 build.

rjpaterson

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Just received notification about V41 recall on my 2019 Wrangler Sport S. Was told by local service dept just now they have to special order the parts and only allowed to order 1 per week so looking at 8 weeks out????

dare333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU 2D
Un F’n Real?! You gotta be kidding me? That is poor workmanship for sure.
Got mine back just now.

They left my dampner in place because it was better than the replacement one. I asked them to do the service bulletin 02-003-19. (track bar). They replaced that. I don't think they checked much else like they did with yours, at least it doesn't say they did.

Overall, my steering is about 300% better so far. They definitely tightened things up. It's a bit more difficult to turn now with one hand. Not sure I like that yet. May be a bit too tight. I think the gearbox is still the main problem and all this stuff is just beating around the bush for it. I still feel the pulling and corrections but they're much more muted. It's a lot closer to my old JK. Still think about the steering though when I drive which I never did with the JK. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully, they recall the gearbox and fix the root cause.

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
I received my notice (Jan 2019 build). My steering is fine so I'm going to avoid doing anything unless things go bad.

BigBruse

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep rubicon
Called yesterday and they put me on list said it would be a few weeks before they got all the parts.
saw that I had the customer satisfaction v41 on my Jeep app for my 2018 rubicon.
When they call me back for scheduling work should I tell them to do the service bulletin 02-003-19 track bar or does that get replaced anyway with the v41?
Sponsored