Sponsored

Got an Awesome Friend or Friends, Post up about them.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
So I was riding motorcycles around the country and I was by St. George UT and I hurt my motorcycle. A plug that get pounded into the side of the motor came out and it pumped all the oil out of the engine while running 80 mph down the road. I get the bike towed in and order a new plug, wait three days for it to show up, pound the new one back into the motor and off I go. The bike is not running well. I am approximately 2000 miles from home. I call my bud Geoff and tell him, dude I don't think I am going to make it home. He says, "I will hook up the trailer to the truck and I am on my way." No mention of needing to pay for his fuel, time or lodging, just I am hooking up the truck and he is on his way. I tell him, that I am going to run the bike until it quits running and that every mile I drive is two miles he doesn't have to drive. I make it just east of Denver Colorado before the bike locks up. My son was stationed at Ft. Riley Kansas and he is able to come get me with one of his friends truck. I call Geoff and same response, he is on his way. Ft. Riley is 980 miles from my house......

About 5 minutes later he calls me back and said that he knew that my wife Carla had not seen our son in almost two years because of him being deployed and asked if he should wait until she gets out of work (about 2 hours) before he heads out. That is awesome thinking my friend. Call my wife and tell her, as soon as you get home, Geoff will be waiting in the driveway for you, go grab a bag of cloths or what ever you need and Geoff is going to bring you out to Ft. Riley so you can see our son Justin. Then I follow up with, you don't let Geoff spend a dime, pay for the fuel, his coffee, soda, the hotel room, do not let him spend a dime. Geoff would have never asked for a dime so I know Carla will have to be first to the fuel pump and so on. Geoff rescued me and gave my wife a chance to see her son that she had not seen in about two years. He is still an awesome friend to this day.

About a year and a half ago, I was scheduled to go to Cape Lookout in North Carolina and two days before I leave, I tear two teeth off the ring gear in the rear end of my JLUR. I do this while wheeling with my bud Bill. Bill is not going with us on this trip. I have four others scheduled to go on this trip with me. As I am removing the rear drive shaft, I say well that trip is shot to hell, Bill says the fuck it is, just take my Jeep. This is his new JLUR, and he is like take it on a two thousand mile trip and tow your camper and have a great time. And I did.

I have more stories like this from having great friends for many years. Tell me about your friends.
Sponsored

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
I need to get this thread emailed to my friends so they can step it up :) Slackers.

My circle is very small as I'm very introverted in public settings and it's something I've struggled with my entire life. I'm not good at asking for help but I'll take a bullet for a friend.

I do have a friend (Scott) that every single time I've needed to do a short notice, "Hey, I need to head down to the Carolinas to grab this, want to go, I leave in an hour?" - that guy never fails and I appreciate him beyond words. It's not the trip, it's the willingness to just say, "sure, lets go!" We've also had to rescue him from the middle of the Potomac river late at night when his boat wouldn't start...you had to be there to appreciate the comedy of errors and how hard it is to pull a 30' boat into a slip without power. He also doesn't drink a drop and puts up with the rest of us getting stupid too often.

I have another friend (Mike) that I met while boating, he's a retired military guy as well, and I think we lived parallel lives as far as a tough childhood, introverted or an honest hate for a lot of crappy people (you know them when you see them/talk to them in two minutes), and we'll help each other do the crazy projects that frankly I'm surprised we have survived a few of them. Hard to explain, there's just a real bond.

Either of of them and me for them would hitch that trailer and go as well.

My wife - she deals with some challenges but honestly has a heart of gold. She would save a butterfly from a puppy playing to rough.

Love them all.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
I asked one of my friends if he could loan me ten bucks for gas the other day when I was basically on empty. He said, “Why ten? Five will definitely get you to the nearest ATM.” Yeah, it’s good to have such generous friends. 😂

Beachcomber72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU High Tide
I asked one of my friends if he could loan me ten bucks for gas the other day when I was basically on empty. He said, “Why ten? Five will definitely get you to the nearest ATM.” Yeah, it’s good to have such generous friends. 😂
Stop stop stop…. Ahahahhahah I’m absolutely dying bro.
Sponsored