Got a CEL going through sugar sand

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
I unintentionally got myself into some deep sugar sand today. I was in 4H Part Time as I didn't have the option to coast and get into 4L. Anyway, I had a CEL with some alarms going off and messages flashing by. The light happened when the engine kicked on. I was too busy driving to see the messages.

Trans temp was high, so I let that cool off (didn't take long) and did a couple key cycles, at which point the CEL cleared.

Anyone know if the code will show up in the U-Connect app? I was in a panic I was going to be stranded in the middle of nowhere with this cooling pump issue some are having.
Sponsored

Oneilc01

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray Turbo
I was wheeling this weekend and got a ECU error. Went away overnight

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
So in my experience, I turn off the traction control in that type of sand. With my Rubicon, It will over heat the rear brakes and heat up the transmission fairly quickly as it applies the rear brakes thousands of times in a couple miles trying to send power to various different tires with traction.

There are six of us that wheel together around the US and we have all experienced the brakes and transmission heating up while leaving traction control on in loose conditions that require a heavy foot to get through.

OP
OP

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
I could have also used some extra lift. I think the tracks I was in had been carved out by lifted Rubicons. I should have also brought an air compressor with me.

I had watched some videos of the trail. It looked compacted with lots of shallow water. People were complaining it was too easy. All this heat now has it baked into a desert
Sponsored