Sponsored

Gorilla lug nuts for Beadlock ready wheels

marsh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 392
Want to order a set of black locking nuts. Are they the same as standard JL?
Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I bought my set at Discount Tire. I bought the longer ones, my bud bought the shorter ones.

EbyCreek

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392
Occupation
ARMY (Retired)
I e-mailed KMC and here is their response
Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us here at KMC Wheels.
I'm able to let you know that those KM235 GRENADE CRAWL Bead lock wheels are compatible with your OEM Jeep TPMS sensors.
We recommend small diameter, splined, 60 degree conical seat lug nuts for these wheels.
Part numbers suitable for your application can be found here: http://www.gorilla-auto.com/small-diameter-lug-nuts
You'll also need to select an installation / removal tool part number from that same webpage, and order that with the lug nuts of your choice.

OP
OP
marsh1

marsh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 392
Thx!
Do you know the thread size?

Last edited:

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
I'm running the system and have for years. Every lug is splined and needs the key. Cuts down on the theft factor. The splined key fits in most every lug bore without dinging them up.

https://www.gorilla-auto.com/the-system

Sponsored

EbyCreek

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392
Occupation
ARMY (Retired)
Gorilla Automotive KJPSL-14150BGR - Gorilla Automotive Lug Nuts
KJPSL-14150BGR (23 pack, includes 18 lug nuts, 5 locks, one key) if you like the small diameter lug nuts. They are listed on Summit Racing.
Jeep Wrangler JL Gorilla lug nuts for Beadlock ready wheels 1624484921942

OP
OP
marsh1

marsh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 392
These are Gorilla 96644BDX all lugs are locks Package includes 24 locks so enough for spare.

Jeep Wrangler JL Gorilla lug nuts for Beadlock ready wheels IMG_1470

Last edited:

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler unlimited rubicon
Gorilla Black 14mm x 1.50 Acorn Style Lug Nuts.

Jeep Wrangler JL Gorilla lug nuts for Beadlock ready wheels IMG_1470
Can you post a photo of them after tire rotations are done? They look great but I have seen that they rust quickly if you rotate the tires. I rotate my tires every 5k miles. I installed the Mopar lock nut but I don't like how they look. I want to know before I buy these black ones because I also, saw a photo of one of those lugs broken. Thanks

67225240125__A2CCBC5C-455F-471B-9FAC-9EF0C155D0AA.jpeg

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 15.01.03.png

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Can you post a photo of them after tire rotations are done? They look great but I have seen that they rust quickly if you rotate the tires. I rotate my tires every 5k miles. I installed the Mopar lock nut but I don't like how they look. I want to know before I buy these black ones because I also, saw a photo of one of those lugs broken. Thanks

Jeep Wrangler JL Gorilla lug nuts for Beadlock ready wheels Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 15.01.03

Jeep Wrangler JL Gorilla lug nuts for Beadlock ready wheels Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 15.01.03
The OEM lug nuts will not hold up to frequent tire rotations. The cap separates and the nuts swell.

I wouldn’t consider the gorilla nuts “locks”, as the keys are included in what seems like every master key set ever produced. Discount Tire’s 10 spline nuts are harder to find keys for, but not by much.

Sponsored

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The OEM lug nuts will not hold up to frequent tire rotations. The cap separates and the nuts swell.

I wouldn’t consider the gorilla nuts “locks”, as the keys are included in what seems like every master key set ever produced. Discount Tire’s 10 spline nuts are harder to find keys for, but not by much.
Can you define multiple tire rotations? My JL has almost 30k and I rotate the tires every 5k with OEM lug nuts. The lug nuts look ok to me so far.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Can you define multiple tire rotations? My JL has almost 30k and I rotate the tires every 5k with OEM lug nuts. The lug nuts look ok to me so far.

if you keep the impact guns off of them, they’ll last longer.

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

if you keep the impact guns off of them, they’ll last longer.
I saw the discount tire spline ones you mention. I don't like that they are skinny and long. I prefer the fatter look of the OEM ones. Which ones do you recommend other than the spline ones? For now, I'm keeping the OEM with the OWM lock until I find something similar but in black and preferably that all of the lugs look the same.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
I saw the discount tire spline ones you mention. I don't like that they are skinny and long. I prefer the fatter look of the OEM ones. Which ones do you recommend other than the spline ones? For now, I'm keeping the OEM with the OWM lock until I find something similar but in black and preferably that all of the lugs look the same.
I have never seen a decent wheel lock. Customers come in all the time with missing keys, the locks come off just fine. I think the gorilla nuts are the best product available, for safety and appearance.
Sponsored