Sponsored

Gorilla locks and Fuel Ammo D701 rims - will the lug nuts fit?

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
Does anyone happen to know if these lug nuts will fit diameter wise into the lug holes of these Fuel rims?

Thanks for your help, from the research I have done the consensus seems split that they either fit or they are too big for most aftermarket rims.
Sponsored

stevieb92

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0t
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I recently had similar questions. A few weeks ago, I purchased a set of the Fuel Vector D601 wheels for my JLUR. I waited to purchase new lug nuts until I had the wheels in hand and could do some measuring. The lug holes on my wheels measured at 1.125 inches in diameter. I don't know what the lug hole diameter is on the wheels you linked. In the answer to the first question on the Summit page to those Gorilla locks says the diameter of the bulge is 30 mm, which is approx 1.1875 inches.

I purchased a set of these lugs from Quadratec and they work just fine.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadrat...wheel-lug-nut-and-socket-kit-jeep-wrangler-jl

From Gorilla in that product listing: "Thanks for the question. These lugs are 30mm wide at the widest point of the bulge. This lock set is intended for factory alloy wheel applications on many Ford F150, Jeep JL Wrangler and RAM 1500s but aren't designed for applications where the OEM lugs hold the center cap on specifically."

OP
OP
RDiddy

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
I recently had similar questions. A few weeks ago, I purchased a set of the Fuel Vector D601 wheels for my JLUR. I waited to purchase new lug nuts until I had the wheels in hand and could do some measuring. The lug holes on my wheels measured at 1.125 inches in diameter. I don't know what the lug hole diameter is on the wheels you linked. In the answer to the first question on the Summit page to those Gorilla locks says the diameter of the bulge is 30 mm, which is approx 1.1875 inches.

I purchased a set of these lugs from Quadratec and they work just fine.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadrat...wheel-lug-nut-and-socket-kit-jeep-wrangler-jl

From Gorilla in that product listing: "Thanks for the question. These lugs are 30mm wide at the widest point of the bulge. This lock set is intended for factory alloy wheel applications on many Ford F150, Jeep JL Wrangler and RAM 1500s but aren't designed for applications where the OEM lugs hold the center cap on specifically."
Thanks for the information, I will do as you did and wait till I get my hands on the rims so I can caliper the lug bore. Glad I hesitated on this as I was ordering a pile of stuff last night and almost threw the lugs in with that order, when the thought occurred to me I had best make sure everything fits first.

Thanks again.
Sponsored