DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone tried contacting Corning directly to see when they are releasing gorilla glass windshields for our JLs? We should all email them [email protected] and post if we get a response!
Good idea. I just sent one. Thanks!
Sponsored

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I now have a good size chip in mine and thought they were available now. Not sure how good they are to begin with so I might just go with the standard glass and just keep replacing them.

TrewJL

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
CEO
Still not available for the JL. I had mine replaced 3 weeks ago with a mopar windshield and asked about the gorilla glass.

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
Wonder if you could make a bulk order of those tempered glass cell or tablet screen covers and put them on our windshields. Lol.

ScottyP

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2door
I got a reply from Corning but it was just saying they forwarded my question to the correct department, I will update when I hear more!!

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wonder if you could make a bulk order of those tempered glass cell or tablet screen covers and put them on our windshields. Lol.
Actually, that might not be a bad idea! I know Nascar has used tear-offs, so why not? You'd take a heck of a bite out of the windshield replacement/repair business with that, for sure!

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
This bulk order stuff a couple of posts up got me thinking--and maybe (probably) it already exists in some form or another.

Maybe JL owners (or any group desiring similar product) ought to have a place to go where they commit in mass to buying some product at some way reduced (but still vendor profitable) price in exchange for the commitment to buy in bulk. A Dutch auction if you will.

ScottyP

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2door
Got a reply, but no update lol

Thanks for your interest in Mopar Windshields Made with Corning Gorilla Glass. I work closely with the Mopar and Jeep teams to support the windshield development and promotion, but ultimate production timing is determined by Mopar and Jeep. I don't have a firm update on timing yet for the JL Wrangler windshield but we are pushing to have the product available as soon as possible.

Thanks
Andy Woodfin
NA Sales Manager
Corning Automotive Glass Solutions

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Got a reply, but no update lol

Thanks for your interest in Mopar Windshields Made with Corning Gorilla Glass. I work closely with the Mopar and Jeep teams to support the windshield development and promotion, but ultimate production timing is determined by Mopar and Jeep. I don't have a firm update on timing yet for the JL Wrangler windshield but we are pushing to have the product available as soon as possible.

Thanks
Andy Woodfin
NA Sales Manager
Corning Automotive Glass Solutions
I inquired each time I had to replace a windshield and both release dates Jeep told me are long past. I wish someone in the Jeep industry, either OEM or aftermarket, would learn to under promise and over deliver, just once!

mrose6853

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
So I was sold on buying this Gorilla Glass for my JK. Cost me $490.00 installed.

It wasn't 48 hours old and a rock hit my windshield and it cracked it! First Rock that touched it and the windshield is gone! At least they are gonna repalce it.

Here is the catch on the 2-year Warranty: You can only use it once! So if they replace the glass under the warranty, you are out of luck next time it cracks.

For a difference of $190.00 between the OEM glass vs the Gorilla Glass and how difficult it is to get it replaced under the warranty, I will stick with the OEM standard Glass....its just not worth the aggrivation!

Sponsored

Threxx

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR HT 3.6AT
I waited for over a year to replace my wife's JLUR cracked windshield because the crack, while large, was all on the passenger side, and I figured the JL gorilla glass would surely be coming out soon. I mean they already made it for the JK... how long could it take to develop for the JL, unless they just didn't think there was a profit to be made on it and didn't intend to come out with it until more JLs were on the road?

But a few days ago I threw in the towel. Got an OEM replacement windshield from safelite for $550 installed by a mobile service guy, including tax.

So the good news for the rest of you is that probably means the JL Gorilla Glass windshield will be coming out next week. Kinda like how washing your car makes it rain, and such.
Sponsored