Sponsored

Gorilla Glass not worth the $

wranglerbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
GG has shown no proof or testing that its JL windshield is stronger or more resistant to rock chips or cracks than the regular Mopar glass. You’re paying for name only and Jeep/GG know it.
Sponsored

sxm1298

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Occupation
IT Business Relationship Manager
My second day in Yellowstone and look what a little pebble did when it hit my gorilla glass
CF418224-CA78-494B-A7F3-33D62998B6DA.jpeg
My gorilla glass did the same thing at 3438 miles. I heard the pop but didn't actually see anything hit the glass. The "impact" was right below the windshield wiper.
Jeep Wrangler JL Gorilla Glass not worth the $ IMG_5534
Jeep Wrangler JL Gorilla Glass not worth the $ IMG_5535

Jmos4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Challenger Scat Pack M6/2007 Ram 2500 G56
Hi,

Mine cracked at 4300 miles dumb road commission graded all the soft shoulders onto the road surface and a gravel truck grabbed a pebbles. I only paid 195 so wasn't the worst investment

Regards,
Jim

6th Floor Mule

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 6MT
I stand behind this . . . . all day, every day! Taken a few shots on the interstate which I’m sure would have wreaked havoc on anything else. I’m sure I just jinxed myself, but no problems to this point, after replacing the cute little Easter Egg logo’d OEM windshield.

Jeep Wrangler JL Gorilla Glass not worth the $ E590669B-87D3-4AF7-8175-AAF64CC1B929

Sponsored

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Gladiator Sport S, '22 Gobi JLR
Really glad they honored it and got you a new one :)

sxm1298

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Occupation
IT Business Relationship Manager
So I had my windshield replaced by my insurance because dealer stated it isn't covered under warranty. Well, the second windshield lasted 2 days before it cracked. Same location as the first windshield crack.

Original windshield:
Jeep Wrangler JL Gorilla Glass not worth the $ IMG_5535

Replacement windshield:
Jeep Wrangler JL Gorilla Glass not worth the $ IMG_9518

Both have a small chip which I believe happens when the stress finally is relieved. The second windshield cracked overnight.

@JeepCares has been non-responsive. My case manager Sue hasn't returned a single voicemail in 2 weeks. I tried to get my case reassigned and basically the guy said no and hung up in my ear.

I would not recommend the gorilla glass option unless you like replacing windshields.

On the plus side the windshield doesn't last long enough to need to be cleaned. ;)

sheram

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU RUBICON
Occupation
Retired
Well just talked to Jeep Customer Care,
The Corning Gorilla Glass Windshield installed by Jeep at the factory is NOT covered by Corning’s 2 year warranty.
So why pay $499 extra. I don’t know why.
the Corning warranty is only for aftermarket install.
what BS
I will tell everyone not to pay the extra for this BS windshield
Different Jeep-Same Story! Chrysler denies the warranty although when I called to see if it was under warranty I got an email that said it was. Got me once...

Sponsored

garykk

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
Add me to the list, less than 200 miles on it, pebble hit the middle of the windshield, immediately a 3” star and by the end of the day over a 12” crack. Stellantis told me to pound sand. This Gorilla Glass is a big rip off.
this week I’ll have an aftermarket windshield installed, screw Jeep and OEM.

sheram

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU RUBICON
Occupation
Retired
My latest in a month long list of calls to Jeep Doesn't Care and the Dealership is that if you have Gorilla Glass installed after you order your $60,000 Jeep with Gorilla Glass it's covered under a very limited warranty-which my "2" star in the center of my windshield complies with...BUT NO COVERAGE FOR ME because it was a factory install. I'm open for suggestions, but it looks like the fine print just got big enough to read... has anyone had any success in getting it replaced under warranty and how did you get it done?

dav_webb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Sarge, 2021 Rubicon 4xe Hydroblue
My latest in a month long list of calls to Jeep Doesn't Care and the Dealership is that if you have Gorilla Glass installed after you order your $60,000 Jeep with Gorilla Glass it's covered under a very limited warranty-which my "2" star in the center of my windshield complies with...BUT NO COVERAGE FOR ME because it was a factory install. I'm open for suggestions, but it looks like the fine print just got big enough to read... has anyone had any success in getting it replaced under warranty and how did you get it done?
Ran into the exact same thing today at the dealership. Had a chip in the windshield, and by the end of the day, completely cracked across the whole windshield. Took it to the dealership for replacement under warranty and was told that it isn't covered, because it was a factory install.

I can't think even wrap my head around a warranty that is only offered for an aftermarket install, but not for a factory install of the exact same windshield.

In my opinion, this practice by Jeep and Corning is shady at best, someone earlier said Gorilla Glass is "snake oil" and I couldn't agree more.

Corning Gorilla Glass is snake oil from a snake oil salesman. No benefits, no rewards, and the warranty doesn't count when you need it.

MOPAR WINDSHIELD MADE WITH CORNING GORILLA GLASS WARRANTY

Mopar Windshield Made with Corning Gorilla Glass has a 2-year limited (from date of install), unlimited-mile warranty, which provides for labor and parts needed to repair or replace your windshield under certain conditions. Mopar warrants your windshield from damage associated with road debris such as pebbles or other small objects which may cause initial damage larger than a US quarter (1 inch/25mm) and less than 3 inches/7.6 cm. Larger instances or smaller blemishes, along with the subsequent cracking that may be caused by not repairing them, are not covered by this warranty. Dealer requires proof of purchase and windshield will only be repaired or replaced under the warranty once within the warrantable period. WHAT IS NOT COVERED: Damage caused by any other force such as an accident, large debris, fraud, falling objects or other acts of God are not warrantable. The damage from road debris referred to in this section is warrantable notwithstanding other provisions in the Mopar warranty. Additional exclusions may apply

sheram

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU RUBICON
Occupation
Retired
Ran into the exact same thing today at the dealership. Had a chip in the windshield, and by the end of the day, completely cracked across the whole windshield. Took it to the dealership for replacement under warranty and was told that it isn't covered, because it was a factory install.

I can't think even wrap my head around a warranty that is only offered for an aftermarket install, but not for a factory install of the exact same windshield.

In my opinion, this practice by Jeep and Corning is shady at best, someone earlier said Gorilla Glass is "snake oil" and I couldn't agree more.

Corning Gorilla Glass is snake oil from a snake oil salesman. No benefits, no rewards, and the warranty doesn't count when you need it.

MOPAR WINDSHIELD MADE WITH CORNING GORILLA GLASS WARRANTY

Mopar Windshield Made with Corning Gorilla Glass has a 2-year limited (from date of install), unlimited-mile warranty, which provides for labor and parts needed to repair or replace your windshield under certain conditions. Mopar warrants your windshield from damage associated with road debris such as pebbles or other small objects which may cause initial damage larger than a US quarter (1 inch/25mm) and less than 3 inches/7.6 cm. Larger instances or smaller blemishes, along with the subsequent cracking that may be caused by not repairing them, are not covered by this warranty. Dealer requires proof of purchase and windshield will only be repaired or replaced under the warranty once within the warrantable period. WHAT IS NOT COVERED: Damage caused by any other force such as an accident, large debris, fraud, falling objects or other acts of God are not warrantable. The damage from road debris referred to in this section is warrantable notwithstanding other provisions in the Mopar warranty. Additional exclusions may apply
After nearly 3 Months of constant calls to Jeep Customer care and the dealership Jeep has agreed to pay half which is a little over $700. It takes patience and if I weren’t retired I’d say screw it and pay for all of it. It’s in the dealership now and hopefully I’ll get it back tomorrow. I insisted the dealership have it installed because I have adaptive cruise control and forward collision Avoidance with the camera installed on that windshield. The dealership called in an outside installer because they don’t install glass they say. With it installed at the dealership if the safety things are calibrated wrong or if there’s some other problem they can deal with it. The dealership has not followed up on anything and nothing would have been done without my persistence. Jeep nor the dealership has ever initiated a call although they have promised many. Never again would I get Gorilla Glass. It is insane to not honor the warranty because it was factory installed. Perhaps I’ll get one of those 5 star surveys when this is over with…. I may Pursue a small claims action for the balance. It’s not about the money-I’ve spent more than that on drinks and gone home by myself-it’s the principle. It would cost me money and a lot of time, but somebody needs to challenge this. I surprised there’s not a class action suit already. Jeep and/or Corning could do the right thing and fix this warranty discrimination with little effort. I’ll post a follow up when I get it back.

sheram

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU RUBICON
Occupation
Retired
After nearly 3 Months of constant calls to Jeep Customer care and the dealership Jeep has agreed to pay half which is a little over $700. It takes patience and if I weren’t retired I’d say screw it and pay for all of it. It’s in the dealership now and hopefully I’ll get it back tomorrow. I insisted the dealership have it installed because I have adaptive cruise control and forward collision Avoidance with the camera installed on that windshield. The dealership called in an outside installer because they don’t install glass they say. With it installed at the dealership if the safety things are calibrated wrong or if there’s some other problem they can deal with it. The dealership has not followed up on anything and nothing would have been done without my persistence. Jeep nor the dealership has ever initiated a call although they have promised many. Never again would I get Gorilla Glass. It is insane to not honor the warranty because it was factory installed. Perhaps I’ll get one of those 5 star surveys when this is over with…. I may Pursue a small claims action for the balance. It’s not about the money-I’ve spent more than that on drinks and gone home by myself-it’s the principle. It would cost me money and a lot of time, but somebody needs to challenge this. I surprised there’s not a class action suit already. Jeep and/or Corning could do the right thing and fix this warranty discrimination with little effort. I’ll post a follow up when I get it back.
FOLLOW UP - I picked the Jeep up today 9-8-22 after I paid $663.60 to the dealership for "my half" of the repair. I'm leaving in two weeks for a cross country trip and needed it repaired before I go, so I was compelled to get it replaced now. It is impossible to understand how the windshield is under warranty if it's a replacement glass, but not under warranty if it was installed by the factory on a New Jeep. I will appeal again through the Dealership. If that fails I'll decide whether to pursue it further. As I said before it isn't the money, I've spent that much on drinks and gone home by myself. It's a matter of principle.
Sponsored