Sponsored

Gorilla Glass is now $495

JEEPmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys 2dr
My order was accepted and went status D so hopefully (and from what my dealer said) it should be price protected. I think it was $195 when I ordered.

I understand there have been people that have still broken their windshield with the gorilla glass. In all fairness, I've broken at least two phones that had gg...but I still wouldn't buy a phone without it. If it helps prevent breakage from minor rocks it could be worth having. Also, if I get one warranty claim replacement out of it, it will be worth the added cost I paid....oh, and for the gorilla badge too ;-)

I wouldn't have added it at the current price.
Sponsored

Mikecoffman911

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry JLURXR
Occupation
Engineer/Builder/living a great life!!!!
Holy guacamole! GG has gone from $95 when I ordered my XR in July to $495 in the latest order guide. At $95 it was a no-brainer. Donā€™t think I would have ordered it at five hundred.

D6D17B41-688E-48B9-8453-662F83067417.jpeg
And it is worth nothing. Ours cracked from a very slight pebble 200 miles after picking up the Jeep.

Jmos4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Challenger Scat Pack M6/2007 Ram 2500 G56
Hi,

Looks like a few options went up, my build is 1900 more depending upon if the dealership rakes me over the coals.

Was 195 on my invoice

Regards,
Jim

Sponsored

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
GG has saved me twice in 3 days. Took a massive hit yesterday that scared the crap out of me and no damage. I paid $672 for it after I broke my standard glass within a month. Once I use my replacement one, Iā€™ll be buying it again.

ECP

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Gorilla glass was never on my radar as I live in FL where insurance covers replacement cost 100%. However, I believe that FCA has increased the pricing on many options for the Wrangler and on the base vehicle prices too as of yesterday 1/17. I placed my order on 1/16 so am expecting to get a notice that the price went up since my order hasnā€™t even been accepted by FCA yet. .
I'm new to the FL Windshield replacement. Do they replace it as many times as needed with no increase to the premium? I"m replacing my first windshield and my agent said it doesn't impact rates and there is no deductible. Will they just keep replacing?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
It "says" it is... but there's been a lot of people on here with rock cracks in their windshields that would disagree.
But most people "think" it supposed to be break proof which it's not. You'll never know how many times the GG has saved you from a crack or shattered windshield. I got it on my '22 for $195 but no way I'd pay $495 for it.

JEEPmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys 2dr
One thing....I've always declined the enhanced glass replacement option with my car insurance since over my years of driving I haven't had issues. I'm thinking I'll add it when I take delivery of my JL and put it on the poicy.

Sponsored

BW20

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Sport
Occupation
Compliance Officer
I'm new to the FL Windshield replacement. Do they replace it as many times as needed with no increase to the premium? I"m replacing my first windshield and my agent said it doesn't impact rates and there is no deductible. Will they just keep replacing?
I believe you can get one per policy period. So, one every six months. I have had several replaced with no questions asked.

Buschman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Tacoma
I was just fantasizing on the jeep website this morning building my dream jeep and its was $195 for the GG. Do they mark it up another $300 when you go the dealer and order or is the jeep website not up to date?

ras815

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
I was just fantasizing on the jeep website this morning building my dream jeep and its was $195 for the GG. Do they mark it up another $300 when you go the dealer and order or is the jeep website not up to date?
To both parts of your question: yes.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Wow, I got in at $195 but no way is the moderate increase in protection worth $495. Barely worth it at $195.

Reactions: ECP

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
One thing....I've always declined the enhanced glass replacement option with my car insurance since over my years of driving I haven't had issues. I'm thinking I'll add it when I take delivery of my JL and put it on the poicy.
I'm convinced that adding that on my policy has kept me from breaking the windshiled in 32 months and 34,000 miles. I even hit a bird with mine. Blood and feathers everywhere but no crack. Standard glass.
Sponsored