Sponsored

Gorilla Glass for JLs: it's available now. has anyone tried it on a JL yet? my next windshield will be my 7th...

mmcbeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I chipped mine and had if fixed. But it’s right in line of sight and driving my nuts. I called Safelite to check on replacing, if I want a replacement with the little Jeep Easter egg, it’s like an extra $150.
Sponsored

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
I swear nothing hit me when I heard the faint crack yesterday on the interstate. It sounded like a subtle crack in a sheet of ice. And then it spread over the next 200 miles. 3 weeks old. Lol

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
North Edition Gladiator and JL Sport
Occupation
Retired USAF and currently contractor for Dept of Energy
I'm waiting for my gorilla glass from HPG. The last I heard was early Aug. However, they are refunding $50 to the pre-order customers because of all the delays. That's good customer service to me.

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
Mine have all been from people passing or merging in front of me.
I’ve had pretty good luck in bumper to bumper traffic though.
Same here. Cars from the adjacent lanes on the freeway changing into my lane is when it happens to me.

Sponsored

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
On the replacement note, you should see what a policy from Travelers looks like. If I have to replace any, my premium is 50 bucks. And this is after replacing a cracked windshield on my wifes subaru under State Farm - that thing cost nearly a grand!
With Allstate, with $7 extra a month, I have $0 deductible for windshield replacement.

marv1294

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Occupation
Student

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
I thought I read somewhere on the forum about windshield replacement insurance - separate from your auto insurance (so it doesn’t raise the rate for claims). Anyone know?

Sponsored

gs4jd

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited High Altitude Diesel
Mine cracked at 3400 miles sitting at a red light. Hairline crack no outside damage. I called the dealership here , and he said let me guess , you have a brand new jeep. 🤯 Just ordered the gorilla glass one. We will see.

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
I thought I read somewhere on the forum about windshield replacement insurance - separate from your auto insurance (so it doesn’t raise the rate for claims). Anyone know?
Some insurance agencies like Allstate which I had previously offered 0 deductible windshield replacement at something like $7 more for month. And replacing windshield should not increase your premium as it is a no fault claim.

But if you are in Florida, then your insurance will cover it with no deductible.

https://fgbolaw.com/florida-free-windshield-replacement-law/