First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4xe Rubicon
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
Jeep Wrangler JL Gorilla Glass Cracking  **UPDATE:  covered under warranty** 27421C43-D190-4FFB-ACAE-4019E14D51C0

2 months in and I have the perfect crack for the warranty. 2 1/4“ at its largest spot. Went into the nearest Jeep dealor(Poway CA) and they had no damn clue at all. I showed them the MOPAR info and they took pics and would call me. They called, butt hurt I did not buy there-$5,000 more then Rob Tractman, why would I? They said I had to contact the dealer I bought from.

texted Rob, he game me their service people and they said it should be covered by any dealership. I called Poway Jeep back and got a nope, your not covered. Called the MOPAR number above(thanks) and they said it’s covered just have the service advisor call their authorization number. did that and he said that’s who I called and they said since it was factory installed and not installed at the dealer it’s not covered.

@JeepCares can we educate your damn service people?
@Jeep cares can you get my windshield fixed and tell me it’s still covered for the 2 years? What really is the warranty period and coverage?
Sponsored

AZpueblo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, '22 JLUR 4xe
Jeep Wrangler JL Gorilla Glass Cracking  **UPDATE:  covered under warranty** 27421C43-D190-4FFB-ACAE-4019E14D51C0

2 months in and I have the perfect crack for the warranty. 2 1/4“ at its largest spot. Went into the nearest Jeep dealor(Poway CA) and they had no damn clue at all. I showed them the MOPAR info and they took pics and would call me. They called, butt hurt I did not buy there-$5,000 more then Rob Tractman, why would I? They said I had to contact the dealer I bought from.

texted Rob, he game me their service people and they said it should be covered by any dealership. I called Poway Jeep back and got a nope, your not covered. Called the MOPAR number above(thanks) and they said it’s covered just have the service advisor call their authorization number. did that and he said that’s who I called and they said since it was factory installed and not installed at the dealer it’s not covered.

@JeepCares can we educate your damn service people?
@Jeep cares can you get my windshield fixed and tell me it’s still covered for the 2 years? What really is the warranty period and coverage?
I told Jeep Customer Care that my dealer had no clue on how to warranty the repair so I specifically asked them to reach out to the dealer service writer (I gave them the name & phone number too) and asked them to explain it to the dealership and set up the repair. Jeep CC did exactly that and it all went smoothly. Use Jeep CC, this is exactly what they do.

MTGOAT

First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 GTO,14 Abarth,18 Velar,19 JLUR,22 392 XR
Been since April 20th that I took it in and had them look at it. I have reached out the service manager twice since then and my he hasn't been able to give me an answer if they will cover it.

Reached out to Jeep customer care early this week and haven't heard back.

I might just take it to Safelite, make the insurance claim and be done with it.

AZpueblo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, '22 JLUR 4xe
Been since April 20th that I took it in and had them look at it. I have reached out the service manager twice since then and my he hasn't been able to give me an answer if they will cover it.

Reached out to Jeep customer care early this week and haven't heard back.

I might just take it to Safelite, make the insurance claim and be done with it.
Did you call and speak with someone at Jeep CC? My interactions with them (live, not email) were really good. They followed up with an email after the call. I'm surprised they went dark on you if you spoke to them live.

Sponsored

MTGOAT

First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you call and speak with someone at Jeep CC? My interactions with them (live, not email) were really good. They followed up with an email after the call. I'm surprised they went dark on you if you spoke to them live.
Spoke with them this morning. They are calling my service manager to see what they can do.

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sgphotos.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Unlimited
I got my JLUR in January and the Gorilla Glass windshield broke in February with 1000 miles on the odometer. Four months later and at least a hundred calls to Jeep Wave, I finally got a new windshield as a "good will gesture." This morning the local dealership (after installing the windshield!) called me and said I would be billed for the repair and for the loaner car because they hadn't received authorization from Jeep corporate. Yet another call to Jeep Wave and this was straightened out.

0/10, not worth the effort, Jeep customer service is awful, would rather just pay $500 to Geico in the future and get a new windshield in ~1 week instead of four months.

MTGOAT

First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spoke with them this morning. They are calling my service manager to see what they can do.
Jeep closed my case after they asked me to go back to the dealership for them to take photos. Was told it will be handled by the dealership's warranty department. Haven't heard anything back from the dealership since my last visit on 6/24.

I started this process April 20th. Should have just had my insurance replace the windshield.

son-of-odin

First Name
Thorvald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Jeep Rubicon 392 XR, '11 Ford F350 Super Duty
Update from my experience:

On April 12, the windshield cracked (I wrote about this in a post that day). I've been going the email route trying to get it replaced. I have such mixed feelings about this experience--most of them aren't good feelings. It FINALLY got replaced July 13. 3 months and FOUR TRIPS TO THE DEALER to get everything done.

Trip #1: I had to have the dealer take pictures of the crack. My pictures wouldn't suffice. Seems silly, but whatever. RESULT: Corning wouldn't cover the warranty, which seems crazy to me, but Jeep said they'd cover it. So I guess that's the good news.

Trip #2: Dropped it off and heard back after a few hours that they couldn't install it because they didn't get the right windshield (with the camera). Not sure how they didn't order the correct windshield after they took pictures of it, but it happened.

Trip #3: Dropped it off for my scheduled appointment and heard back a few hours later that the third-party installer didn't show up that day.

Trip #4: After lots of complaining, they offered me a loaner vehicle (each trip to the dealer from my house is 15 minutes if there's no traffic; 30-minute round trip, 1 hour total, but my wife was caravaning with me to pick me up when the vehicle was dropped off, then taking me back, meaning we were putting in way too many hours to get this done). The job finally got done.

I don't think the phone call vs emails made a big difference. The problem was mostly with the dealer and the third-party installer. Still, 3 months is a long time to wait. Cross your fingers for me that this one won't break as easily as the last one. My only advice is to be persistent when you are talking with any of the Jeep people. I don't care if Corning covers it or if Jeep covers it--but this is on them. Don't let them tell you otherwise!

Sponsored

MTGOAT

First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep closed my case after they asked me to go back to the dealership for them to take photos. Was told it will be handled by the dealership's warranty department. Haven't heard anything back from the dealership since my last visit on 6/24.

I started this process April 20th. Should have just had my insurance replace the windshield.
I have had to take it back two additional times for photos... 4 months and counting since I first started this process

ghstlogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon XR
Gorilla glass is absolute trash. Driving on the highway today, no rocks/debris hit and cracked about a foot after spraying some washer fluid. Granted it was about 100 out but what the hell. How can Jeep sell something like this?

Jeep Wrangler JL Gorilla Glass Cracking  **UPDATE:  covered under warranty** EC598DC6-2EF4-4216-848B-62C77E72B0AF

Jeep Wrangler JL Gorilla Glass Cracking  **UPDATE:  covered under warranty** 9A819C77-DA03-4B46-8D30-B7ECF28CF6C3

garykk

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
Well add me to the list. Had my Jeep a total of 5 days and a small rock hit it , left a 3” star. Called the dealer and was told they will get back to me🙄.
this glass is worse than cheap aftermarket.

bckly

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Occupation
Engineer
Add me to the list! Got a rock chip while driving and went into my local dealerships service dept in Washington and this is how it all happened:

8AM: Arrive at service department and originally told that they cannot do a warranty claim for my windshield so I decided to call and check.

8:30AM: Call Jeep and am told that my GG windshield IS in fact covered by warranty and that they would call the service department to inform them that they should continue with the claim.

9:15AM: I’m back inside with a new service rep and the service department lead and they both confirm with the warranty department that the glass is covered and that they will continue with the claim. They take photos and fill out the claim.

10AM: Finally finished filing the claim and I’m waiting for an oil change and tire rotation.

11AM: Finished with oil and tires and I leave after confirming with the service guy that I’m good on the warranty on his end and they’ll call when the part comes in.

11:20 ish: In the car driving back home and the service guy calls saying that the claim was now rejected by the warranty/claims department but didn’t know why since he was told multiple times it was covered and gave me a number to call to get to the bottom of it.

11:25: I call the number and am told they can’t see anything as to why it’s rejected. But gave some reasons why sometimes things get rejected in general.

11:30: I call the service guy back and he gives me a different number to call since they didn’t have any hard info for me.

At this point I’ve spoken to maybe 5 different Jeep reps in total and worked with 3 service people.

11:45: I call the new number he gave me and they said they’re not the warranty department but they’re customer care and informed me the claim was likely denied because the windshield was installed at the factory as part of my order rather than installed afterwards by a dealer.

12:15: I call the service guy back and he says sorry — want to pay $1800?

@JeepCares can you please help? I’ve gotten the runaround so many times I’m dizzy. We’re just hoping to get our windshield replaced under warranty like it seem like some others have. I’m not sure what next steps I have available. I think I have a case number and certainly photos.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Add me to the list! Got a rock chip while driving and went into my local dealerships service dept in Washington and this is how it all happened:

8AM: Arrive at service department and originally told that they cannot do a warranty claim for my windshield so I decided to call and check.

8:30AM: Call Jeep and am told that my GG windshield IS in fact covered by warranty and that they would call the service department to inform them that they should continue with the claim.

9:15AM: I’m back inside with a new service rep and the service department lead and they both confirm with the warranty department that the glass is covered and that they will continue with the claim. They take photos and fill out the claim.

10AM: Finally finished filing the claim and I’m waiting for an oil change and tire rotation.

11AM: Finished with oil and tires and I leave after confirming with the service guy that I’m good on the warranty on his end and they’ll call when the part comes in.

11:20 ish: In the car driving back home and the service guy calls saying that the claim was now rejected by the warranty/claims department but didn’t know why since he was told multiple times it was covered and gave me a number to call to get to the bottom of it.

11:25: I call the number and am told they can’t see anything as to why it’s rejected. But gave some reasons why sometimes things get rejected in general.

11:30: I call the service guy back and he gives me a different number to call since they didn’t have any hard info for me.

At this point I’ve spoken to maybe 5 different Jeep reps in total and worked with 3 service people.

11:45: I call the new number he gave me and they said they’re not the warranty department but they’re customer care and informed me the claim was likely denied because the windshield was installed at the factory as part of my order rather than installed afterwards by a dealer.

12:15: I call the service guy back and he says sorry — want to pay $1800?

@JeepCares can you please help? I’ve gotten the runaround so many times I’m dizzy. We’re just hoping to get our windshield replaced under warranty like it seem like some others have. I’m not sure what next steps I have available. I think I have a case number and certainly photos.
Sure, bckly, we can dig into your situation further. Send our team a private message with more details.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Sponsored