Gorilla Glass Cracking **UPDATE: covered under warranty**

AZpueblo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, '22 JLUR 4xe
3/6/22- Talked to the Dealer today and Jeep Wave did contact them and confirmed they would cover the new GG windshield. Now waiting to get scheduled based on getting the new window in stock.
Sponsored

GO_RV

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sahara JLU
3/6/22- Talked to the Dealer today and Jeep Wave did contact them and confirmed they would cover the new GG windshield. Now waiting to get scheduled based on getting the new window in stock.
Good news

AZpueblo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This morning Jeep Wave (actually US Customer Care) called me to update me that they have contacted the dealer and parts are ordered. My agent was also a Jeep owner of a 1950 Willys and we had a good chat about Jeeps in general. Nice follow up. I have an appointment at the dealer on Monday for them to take some pix for verification.

son-of-odin

First Name
Thorvald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Jeep Rubicon 392 XR, '11 Ford F350 Super Duty
For anyone who cares, or who in the future searches this issue etc.:

Jeep Wave Customer Care got back to me. Jeep WILL be covering the cost of replacing the windshield. I did have to answer some asinine/repetitive questions where they were clearly looking for an out, but it's being replaced nonetheless.
THANK YOU for posting about this. On my way to work this morning my windshield cracked and I've been distraught ever since. Your post gave me hope. I just logged into the MOPAR website and sent an email to someone to notify them of the problem. I'll report back on how the process goes using that method (instead of calling). I really hope this is not an ongoing problem with the special glass. Maybe I just got a bad one? I don't think anything even hit my windshield. If anything, maybe it was the defroster on the ice-cold windshield? Here I was thinking the Corning Gorilla Glass would be super strong and able to stand up to anything...and then it cracks for no apparent reason. Crazy.

Jeep Wrangler JL Gorilla Glass Cracking  **UPDATE:  covered under warranty** IMG-4173

AZpueblo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
THANK YOU for posting about this. On my way to work this morning my windshield cracked and I've been distraught ever since. Your post gave me hope. I just logged into the MOPAR website and sent an email to someone to notify them of the problem. I'll report back on how the process goes using that method (instead of calling). I really hope this is not an ongoing problem with the special glass. Maybe I just got a bad one? I don't think anything even hit my windshield. If anything, maybe it was the defroster on the ice-cold windshield? Here I was thinking the Corning Gorilla Glass would be super strong and able to stand up to anything...and then it cracks for no apparent reason. Crazy.

Jeep Wrangler JL Gorilla Glass Cracking  **UPDATE:  covered under warranty** IMG-4173
That's what happened to my GG, only it was the hot AZ sun that caused it. It's easier to call Jeep Customer Care and explain it to them. They will create a case, call whatever dealer you want and brief them on the warranty procedure. Jeep Cust Care then called me back a few days later and updated me on the status. Took it to the Dealer yesterday for them to take pix to send to Jeep, but they assured me it is covered and they ordered the replacement GG (I have the Advanced Cruise, so it's the more expensive window with the camera mounted on it). Jeep CC is 877-426-5337.

Sponsored

son-of-odin

First Name
Thorvald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Jeep Rubicon 392 XR, '11 Ford F350 Super Duty
That's what happened to my GG, only it was the hot AZ sun that caused it. It's easier to call Jeep Customer Care and explain it to them. They will create a case, call whatever dealer you want and brief them on the warranty procedure. Jeep Cust Care then called me back a few days later and updated me on the status. Took it to the Dealer yesterday for them to take pix to send to Jeep, but they assured me it is covered and they ordered the replacement GG (I have the Advanced Cruise, so it's the more expensive window with the camera mounted on it). Jeep CC is 877-426-5337.
Now I need to find a T-mobile site to complain about their service in my area :LOL: . I know, I know, I can change providers...but I haven't. And, cell service is miserable for me depending on where I am, so much of the time, I'll just use email. I've used the Mopar website previously for things (I had a Charger before the Jeep) and have had surprisingly good results with it. If I don't get that this time, I'll call them from work. Thank you for the info.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I purchased my Jeep from dealer inventory and it came with GG. I’ll keep an eye on it for sure.
I notice most dealer inventory has it now. It wouldn’t bother me one way or the other when it was less then $100. But at $495, it would be a hard no. More so in Florida where we have $0 glass deductible tied into our compressive.

2019 JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
so it's the more expensive window with the camera mounted on it
Where do you see that the camera is attached to the windshield? On my 2018 the windshield would fold down and the box in front of the mirror would stay in place (they even supply a cover for when this is done). The only differance would be the blacked-out area would be different. Please explain why this window would be different or more expensive or why these places are charging more for nothing!

AZpueblo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4/21/22 update--Dealer called and my GG windshield will be installed, free under warranty, next Wednesday. So in my case, Stellantis made good on their GG warranty.

Valv910

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Same issue here, cracked windshield this morning

110217.jpeg

110215.jpeg

Sponsored

MTGOAT

First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 GTO,14 Abarth,18 Velar,19 JLUR,22 392 XR

Jeep Wrangler JL Gorilla Glass Cracking  **UPDATE:  covered under warranty** 110215
Exact same thing in about the exact same place with the exact same pattern. Defroster was running and it just popped! Still working with the dealer to have mine replaced. 1100 miles on the OD when it happened.

Jeep Wrangler JL Gorilla Glass Cracking  **UPDATE:  covered under warranty** 20220418_151442

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
After reading this thread, I too, will no longer look into GG, for future windshield replacements. It looks like GG is not producing quality windshields anymore.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
This thread cracks me up. Really has me in splinters. It sounds like this could be heading for a glass action lawsuit if they don’t stop monkey’ing around with these windshields.

Jeep Wrangler JL Gorilla Glass Cracking  **UPDATE:  covered under warranty** 26F7CE5C-5D4C-4588-89F2-3397AB76E5B4

AZpueblo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Final Update- Local Dealer replaced my GG in just over an hour with no scratches or anything. Re-calibrated the advanced Cruise too. Really satisfied with the repairs. Then, today, Jeep Customer Care called me to follow up on the repair and ask if everything went satisfactory to my liking. Chatted about Jeeps for 20 min and then that was it. Overall, I'd say Jeep did ok here.
Sponsored