wedge4D

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
For anyone who cares, or who in the future searches this issue etc.:

Jeep Wave Customer Care got back to me. Jeep WILL be covering the cost of replacing the windshield. I did have to answer some asinine/repetitive questions where they were clearly looking for an out, but it's being replaced nonetheless.
Sponsored

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
I’m glad I decided to Pass on the GG option
When I started looking at getting a new Jeep the GG was $195, when I ordered it had gone up to $495. The decision to not get the GG was easy at that point.

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
I didn't know about this 'extra' gorilla glass warranty. I looked it up:

MOPAR WINDSHIELD MADE WITH CORNING GORILLA GLASS WARRANTY
Mopar Windshield Made with Corning Gorilla Glass has a 2-year limited (from date of install), unlimited-mile warranty, which provides for labor and parts needed to repair or replace your windshield under certain conditions.​
Mopar warrants your windshield from damage associated with road debris such as pebbles or other small objects which may cause initial damage larger than a US quarter (1 inch/25mm) and less than 3 inches/7.6 cm. Larger instances or smaller blemishes, along with the subsequent cracking that may be caused by not repairing them, are not covered by this warranty.​
Dealer requires proof of purchase and windshield will only be repaired or replaced under the warranty once within the warrantable period.​
WHAT IS NOT COVERED: Damage caused by any other force such as an accident, large debris, fraud, falling objects or other acts of God are not warrantable. The damage from road debris referred to in this section is warrantable notwithstanding other provisions in the Mopar warranty.​
...so now I am really confused as to how Chrysler could deny the warranty.
What others have said when they escalated breakage issues, is that this isn't a feature of the "New Car Warranty" that applies when you purchase a new Jeep.

Rather, this only applies when you purchase a standalone Mopar Gorilla Glass windshield, and have it professionally installed as a replacement glass windshield.

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL; 2004 WJ (sold but never forgotten)
One of the Youtubers needs to buy a GG windshield and a regular OEM one and then under controlled conditions shoot increasingly larger and heavier rocks at them to see how they crack (or not), so we can settle the debate of how much it helps once and for all.

Sponsored

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I took delivery of my '22 JLR with GG two weeks ago. During dealer inspection, they noticed three small scratches looking almost like cat scratches. I didn't notice them until looking closely and would have driven away had they not informed me.

Within a week, the dealer called and said the glass is in and to schedule an appt for replacement. I go in Monday to get it replaced. Apparently they take to a glass shop a couple blocks away. I will report back success. I almost didn't want to take it in because I don't see it unless I look just right with the right light worrying that the repair could lead to the potential of some other issue. Going to take close up pictures to be sure it is the same glass and seated the same.

OP
OP
wedge4D

wedge4D

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
When I started looking at getting a new Jeep the GG was $195, when I ordered it had gone up to $495. The decision to not get the GG was easy at that point.
Had I ordered, I would not have opted for it. But, I walked in to the dealer and this Jeep was a customer order that cancelled that day - and this was exactly what I wanted except no LED package and it had the GG so here I am.

AZpueblo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, '22 JLUR 4xe
For anyone who cares, or who in the future searches this issue etc.:

Jeep Wave Customer Care got back to me. Jeep WILL be covering the cost of replacing the windshield. I did have to answer some asinine/repetitive questions where they were clearly looking for an out, but it's being replaced nonetheless.
Thanks, my dealer has no idea how to cover it. Do you have the contact info for how you contacted Jeep Wave so I could assist my dealer in covering my windshield? Thanks.

IrrationalCPA

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, F-150 Tremor, 991.2T
Damn that’s impressive you got it covered! My gorilla glass cracked overnight also. I heard an impact, looked around saw nothing then the next morning, massive gash down my windshield. I read the manual about the size limitations for warranty, so didn’t even bother trying the dealership. Last time I went in they marked my XR package as aftermarket, and months w Jeep Wave, through even arbitration continued to claim my tire carrier was aftermarket and denied my claim (thankfully not mechanical issue,). Figure now FCA will make up as many excuses possible to not fix something, and then when they can’t the lie. You’re so lucky to have gotten a great case manager to fix your problem.

Sponsored

Yzfguy

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand cherokee , wrangler JLU Willys
I ordered my wrangler 3 weeks ago. I also noticed that the gg price had gone from 195 to 495. I decided to still get it. Spending over 50k on a new ride, my thoughts were that an extra 300 bucks was worth it if it may save me a day at a glass shop. If it doesn't, I lost the gamble. I just figured I would give my new ride the best shot I could at not pissing me off in the first year or so ;)

OP
OP
wedge4D

wedge4D

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Thanks, my dealer has no idea how to cover it. Do you have the contact info for how you contacted Jeep Wave so I could assist my dealer in covering my windshield? Thanks.
I contacted Jeep directly (800-777-3600) and explained the situation to the representative in a politely disgruntled manner. I also made sure that I wasn't asking if it would be covered, but telling them that there seemed to have been a mistake and they need to cover it, referencing the Mopar Gorilla Glass warranty and the fact that my Jeep is 1 month old only.
They assigned a case # and case manager to me, and 6 days later the case manager called and asked me some more questions. She said they will be reaching out to the dealer to have them order the glass, Jeep will cover this, and expect to hear from the dealer Monday. Initially she suggested that maybe she could negotiate something between me and the dealer splitting a cost, but I immediately shut that down and continued with them covering all of it. Again, make sure to be polite--but also firm.

GO_RV

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sahara JLU
Mine came on the lot with the Gorilla Glass.
it was $199 on the sticker built in Jan 22
i hope it is reliable

AZpueblo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, '22 JLUR 4xe
I contacted Jeep directly (800-777-3600) and explained the situation to the representative in a politely disgruntled manner. I also made sure that I wasn't asking if it would be covered, but telling them that there seemed to have been a mistake and they need to cover it, referencing the Mopar Gorilla Glass warranty and the fact that my Jeep is 1 month old only.
They assigned a case # and case manager to me, and 6 days later the case manager called and asked me some more questions. She said they will be reaching out to the dealer to have them order the glass, Jeep will cover this, and expect to hear from the dealer Monday. Initially she suggested that maybe she could negotiate something between me and the dealer splitting a cost, but I immediately shut that down and continued with them covering all of it. Again, make sure to be polite--but also firm.
I called Jeep as well (BTW, 800-777-3600 is for Connected Services, they told me the proper number is 877-426-5337).
Spoke to a super nice rep who told me that the glass is covered, gave me a case number, and will contact my customer service rep at the local dealer to cover the warranty repair. What helps too, is that I prepped for the call with the Service ph# at my local Jeep dealer, as well as the name of the Service Writer that I work with at the dealer. Jeep said I should get a follow up call this week from the dealer service guy. I'll update as it get repaired.....
Sponsored