Gorilla Glass - 2 Year warranty

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s unlimited;2020 Rubicon Unlimited
I just received a spam message from Jeep regarding the new Gorilla Glass windshield. It claims that it is backed by a 2 year limited warranty.

The exact wording is this:

Mopar Windshield Made with Corning Gorilla Glass has a 2-year limited (from date of install), unlimited-mile warranty, which provides for labor and parts needed to repair or replace your windshield under certain conditions.Mopar warrants your windshield from damage associated with road debris such as pebbles or other small objects which may cause initial damage larger than a US quarter (1 inch/25mm) and less than 3 inches/7.6 cm. Larger instances or smaller blemishes, along with the subsequent cracking that may be caused by not repairing them, are not covered by this warranty.Dealer requires proof of purchase and windshield will only be repaired or replaced under the warranty once within the warrantable period
This actually seems to be a very good deal. Anyone have experience with getting this replaced under Mopar warranty?
Sponsored

DWaX

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
If i read it right then, if you get a chip between 1 and 3 inches your covered. Anything smaller or larger not covered.
So if you get a chip you must pray it does spread before you can get it to the dealer.

WaX

dapipp

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler X (TJ), 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ), 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (JL)
There are too many ways to interpret that warranty. If I caught a small rock doing 70 and it immediately crack the windshield they could claim I should of gotten it repaired sooner, not much wiggle room there on my behalf.

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)
Seems like a mighty narrow range for coverage. I'd be curious if these windshields really prevent the daily dings these things pick up on the Interstate, though. No cracks in mine (knock on wood), but like all my other Jeeps, its pockmarked all over with hundreds of little dings.

For that matter, don't the windshields that come on Wranglers with the Premium Audio have some sort of acoustic coating on them? Can you get the Gorilla windshields with the same acoustic coating?

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I just called my insurance to get mine replaced with this! Still waiting for Safelite to contact me with info. I have had multiple hits and I stay away from cars...I use the old rule from drivers ed Stay one car length for every 10 miles away from the next vehicle but The Jeep still catches the damn rocks.
This last time the crack appeared from no hit...just started below the wiper and every day I watched it get bigger till now it's across my line of vision. I'm hoping this Gorilla glass holds up! One year I replaced 4 windshields on a TJ I had, I was hoping with the slight rake difference it would help but no such luck.

Sponsored

Air Uncle P

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRU Bright White
My new JLRU windshield was hit hard and needed a replacement. Used Satellite. Insurance paid $500 and I paid $425. The Advanced Safety Group recalibration was why it was so pricey.

GG might be worth it.

niJL

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I am surprised the Jeep required a recalibration, since the components aren’t attached to the windshield. But I guess the black masking on the windshield probably shifts around enough to need a calibration.
Sponsored