Sponsored

Goose Gear plate system install (full rear seat delete)

OP
OP
GrumpyBadger

GrumpyBadger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue Wrangler Unlimited Willys
It seems that Delta might be real tight according to my measurements and the listed size - assuming that is at all accurate. A lot of times those dimensions are not real precise.

Also... you might need to be careful about laying it on its side with the vents there. That might be bad if you bury one side in the carpet.

Good luck!
Sponsored

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2017 Miata Club RF
It seems that Delta might be real tight according to my measurements and the listed size - assuming that is at all accurate. A lot of times those dimensions are not real precise.

Also... you might need to be careful about laying it on its side with the vents there. That might be bad if you bury one side in the carpet.

Good luck!
Yeah it's looking like I'm going to have to wait for the actual GG install to be complete before I pick a battery. That's how it goes :/

OP
OP
GrumpyBadger

GrumpyBadger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah it's looking like I'm going to have to wait for the actual GG install to be complete before I pick a battery. That's how it goes :/
Yeah... that's a hefty battery. Pretty much the only reason I went with a Goal Zero was because it specifically would fit beneath the GG plates and I think it is adequate capacity (barely) for what I think is my use case (if I ever get out to use it again, anyway). I would have preferred a larger capacity and cheaper, but the options at the time seemed imperfect so I settled and luckily caught the GZ for 20% off. I would have gone with a Jackery, but that idiotic giant molded handle made that unacceptable.

There might be more choices two years on, now...

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2017 Miata Club RF
Yeah... that's a hefty battery. Pretty much the only reason I went with a Goal Zero was because it specifically would fit beneath the GG plates and I think it is adequate capacity (barely) for what I think is my use case (if I ever get out to use it again, anyway). I would have preferred a larger capacity and cheaper, but the options at the time seemed imperfect so I settled and luckily caught the GZ for 20% off. I would have gone with a Jackery, but that idiotic giant molded handle made that unacceptable.

There might be more choices two years on, now...
After stumbling upon this last thread last night, I jumped deep on the research of battery dimensions. The only one that is 100% certain (and obviously everything smaller Wh) is the Goal Zero Yeti 500x. Unfortunately I really want to have an extra 1k+, as well as the extra wattage the 1k+ units can provide.

If I am willing to give up the wattage, I wonder if I can just daisy chain them together via their DC ports and then attach accessories to the upstream one?

OP
OP
GrumpyBadger

GrumpyBadger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I am willing to give up the wattage, I wonder if I can just daisy chain them together via their DC ports and then attach accessories to the upstream one?
No idea - I never looked into that. You may be better off looking at a second "house" battery under the hood (e.g. Genesis, or equivalent). I am figuring on doing that soon to get rid of the crappy aux battery anyway... at that point I am not sure I will have any use for the GZ, unfortunately.

Sponsored

Red_shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys
Is anyone using tie-down anchors that attach to the small threaded holes (6mm?) in the GG platform? Looking for a way to use straps to secure items to the platform.