Sponsored

Goose Gear plate system install (full rear seat delete)

Mr.BoJangles_91

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
UPDATE -

I ordered this through a local 4x4 shop and thus did not receive a tracking number. Yesterday I decided to call the local 4x4 shop to get an update on my order. They looked it up and told it was delivered on Saturday at 11:30am. I got the tracking number from them and Fedex says the packages were delivered last Saturday. I was out during the time of delivery. When I got home nothing was there.

Since living at my place for four years I have had zero packages stolen. So its hard for me to believe someone stole 3 large packages weighing in around 100lbs.

John at Goosegear has been understanding so far on the situation. Fedex has been a nightmare to deal with.

I have to play the unfortunate waiting game now :(
Sponsored

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
UPDATE -

I ordered this through a local 4x4 shop and thus did not receive a tracking number. Yesterday I decided to call the local 4x4 shop to get an update on my order. They looked it up and told it was delivered on Saturday at 11:30am. I got the tracking number from them and Fedex says the packages were delivered last Saturday. I was out during the time of delivery. When I got home nothing was there.

Since living at my place for four years I have had zero packages stolen. So its hard for me to believe someone stole 3 large packages weighing in around 100lbs.

John at Goosegear has been understanding so far on the situation. Fedex has been a nightmare to deal with.

I have to play the unfortunate waiting game now :(
You have got to be friggin kidding me....................

Mr.BoJangles_91

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately not. I found all this out yesterday afternoon. I'm hoping its just a logistical error. And that it will show up.... I've called Fedex three times now. If nothing shows up or I haven't heard from them by thursday, then I need to contact Goosegear again and file a claim with FedEx....

It sucks paying upfront and waiting two months only to have it disappear.

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately not. I found all this out yesterday afternoon. I'm hoping its just a logistical error. And that it will show up.... I've called Fedex three times now. If nothing shows up or I haven't heard from them, then I need to contact Goosegear again and file a claim with FedEx....

So, did you pay extra for the delivery truck with a lift on the back? Vs. a forklift required to unload? I cant see a driver unloading that and leaving it on the porch. Hopefully it's sitting on a dock somewhere waiting for pickup. But... those delivery statuses are usually up to date. if it says delivered then i kind of believe it

Mr.BoJangles_91

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So, did you pay extra for the delivery truck with a lift on the back? Vs. a forklift required to unload? I cant see a driver unloading that and leaving it on the porch. Hopefully it's sitting on a dock somewhere waiting for pickup. But... those delivery statuses are usually up to date. if it says delivered then i kind of believe it
Just paid normal rate plus tax. Yeah, hopefully it's sitting on a dock or they delivered it to another address by accident.

I don't know what else to do other than wait.

Sponsored

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
Just paid normal rate plus tax. Yeah, hopefully it's sitting on a dock or they delivered it to another address by accident.

I don't know what else to do other than wait.
There isnt usually more than 1 Fedex hub within 100 miles where you can pick up packages. Are you able to track down the local hub and pay them a visit?

Zotch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Sport S JL
I don't know what this thing is but somehow I need it.

OP
OP
GrumpyBadger

GrumpyBadger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue Wrangler Unlimited Willys
The floor plate system boxes aren't that heavy. A little unwieldy, but not real heavy. The system is split up into thirds. I recall seeing on the web larger boxes for some of the add-on kitchen and storage systems, but the floor plates weren't that bad individually.

Fortunately I happen to live within range of a dealer, amazingly... I had mine delivered to the place I ordered it from (Aventuron)... they were cool and accepted delivery and I picked it up an hour later.

Good luck with finding it, BoJ.

Mr.BoJangles_91

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@Overland_Texas, you were right. They were delivered last Saturday, just to the wrong address. I waited for my front office to open to check with them one more time before heading to the Fedex Hub. The maintenance guy suggested to walk the complex and see if they were delivered to another building. Sure enough they were sitting outside my neighbors door on the opposite side of my building.

I now have lack of faith in my neighbors. They must of walked passed this a dozen or so times since Saturday. But freaking stoked they are now in my possession.

Moving forward I will ALWAYS check neighboring apartments for miss delivered packages.

da1qY8MXkty5rH7yytRdq7BDQ=w697-h1239-no?authuser=0.jpg

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
@Overland_Texas, you were right. They were delivered last Saturday, just to the wrong address. I waited for my front office to open to check with them one more time before heading to the Fedex Hub. The maintenance guy suggested to walk the complex and see if they were delivered to another building. Sure enough they were sitting outside my neighbors door on the opposite side of my building.

I now have lack of faith in my neighbors. They must of walked passed this a dozen or so times since Saturday. But freaking stoked they are now in my possession.

Moving forward I will ALWAYS check neighboring apartments for miss delivered packages.

Jeep Wrangler JL Goose Gear plate system install (full rear seat delete) da1qY8MXkty5rH7yytRdq7BDQ=w697-h1239-no?authuser=0
Look at that!! Fantastic!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
GrumpyBadger

GrumpyBadger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue Wrangler Unlimited Willys
This was my delivery! They have come a long ways since then!!
Did you get more than the floor plates? My floor plates were in three separate thin boxes like MrBoJangles'. I seem to recall seeing another vid online or something where the big pallet box had all kinds of stuff in it for the camp kitchen, etc. I am glad they were separate for me - made it much easier to handle!

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
It's the reason I didnt go with them, the wait time. So I built it myself and have to say by the time you figure out how you want it done, buy the materials, go several times to pick up more materials, etc, you've (or at least me) have exceeded the wait time. I'm still working on it.

To be fair I have some custom stuff too so I probably would have been done earlier.

Unless your really into doing it yourself and are really good at it I think the pricey pricetag is worth every penny. I spent approximately $120 but the time spent on it was mega more then if I bought it and throw it in in like....what 10 minutes for the rear? Plus it's precision cut and fit.

Glad you got yours and good luck!

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
Did you get more than the floor plates? My floor plates were in three separate thin boxes like MrBoJangles'. I seem to recall seeing another vid online or something where the big pallet box had all kinds of stuff in it for the camp kitchen, etc. I am glad they were separate for me - made it much easier to handle!
I did the whole 3 piece stealth system

Mr.BoJangles_91

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Success! Took about 2 hours to install everything. Everything fit perfectly.

Even had two pre-aligned holes drilled for mounting to the floor

T8ex-MHmit11G8eep5Poa6Pg=w1117-h1983-no?authuser=0.jpg

Will take better photos in a few hours as I finished in the dark.

It's the reason I didnt go with them, the wait time. So I built it myself and have to say by the time you figure out how you want it done, buy the materials, go several times to pick up more materials, etc, you've (or at least me) have exceeded the wait time. I'm still working on it.

To be fair I have some custom stuff too so I probably would have been done earlier.

Unless your really into doing it yourself and are really good at it I think the pricey pricetag is worth every penny. I spent approximately $120 but the time spent on it was mega more then if I bought it and throw it in in like....what 10 minutes for the rear? Plus it's precision cut and fit.

Glad you got yours and good luck!
I built most mods myself on my old rig (2010 xterra). It was awesome and satisfactory to DIY everything but like ya said, it took much longer than expected & never really turned out great. Functional, yes.

Super stoked on the Goose Gear quality. :)
Sponsored